Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Any quick non-cheese spots to farm fairly quickly? Most of my sites are liurnia / limgrave/Manor area, I also have a few in Caelid but I am not confident in that area yet. I did get to Dragon Barrow and that fort with the bats / ghost guys up top, but I dont remember them being very good xp.

Also, any good spots for smithing rune (6 and 7)? Non-somber, would like to upgrade my greatsword before I attempt Radahn again, that magic imbued frenzy is too much for me to handle currently, I can never consistently dodge his shit. Hoping to get him pretty low before he transitions to the saiyan mode.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Smithing runes 6 and 7 are going to be in mines in higher level areas, i believe the one you get teleported too from a chest with the centipede guys gives sixes.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You probably aren’t there yet, but the roots you climb to reach the site of grace right before the final fia quest line fights (in deeproot depths) has some stationary guys that just shoot slow and short range explosions give 3500 runes each that are super easy to kill

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Any quick non-cheese spots to farm fairly quickly? Most of my sites are liurnia / limgrave/Manor area, I also have a few in Caelid but I am not confident in that area yet. I did get to Dragon Barrow and that fort with the bats / ghost guys up top, but I dont remember them being very good xp.

Also, any good spots for smithing rune (6 and 7)? Non-somber, would like to upgrade my greatsword before I attempt Radahn again, that magic imbued frenzy is too much for me to handle currently, I can never consistently dodge his shit. Hoping to get him pretty low before he transitions to the saiyan mode.

I have unintentionally farmed runes at the Divine Tower of Caelid: Basement. About 2 steps away is a Blackflame Monk and I really wanted the armor set. Takes about 15 seconds to kill and is almost risk-free and you can immediately reset. 1700 or so runes per kill. Got me a few easy levels while waiting for all the drops and I'm using the armor so it doesn't feel totally cheese.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What the fuck there's a basement in the tower you empower the Rodahn rune in? Now I have to go back lol

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have unintentionally farmed runes at the Divine Tower of Caelid: Basement. About 2 steps away is a Blackflame Monk and I really wanted the armor set. Takes about 15 seconds to kill and is almost risk-free and you can immediately reset. 1700 or so runes per kill. Got me a few easy levels while waiting for all the drops and I'm using the armor so it doesn't feel totally cheese.
Funny thing about that spot, twice i've gotten a boatload of runes out of nowhere while helping about 20 people kill that boss. I was using that spot around level 90 to test out new weapon builds helping people kill that monk boss with insane HP, once I went in I think with like 15k souls, but at the end, before the boss fight even ended I somehow had over 70k and I have no clue why. He only gives like 20k or so. It happened a second time where I mysteriously got another 50k souls out of nowhere.

One possibility is that I spawned in and there were some PVPers that died, do they give a ton of runes, like 50K or 70K? IDK.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This game is so amazing.

So I had only beaten Margit and Renalla and was running around the royal city and wandered into Morgott. Well, he wasn't too bad at all really.

I feel like some of the regular mobs in the city might be worse than most bosses lol. (at least more frustrating since they aren't bosses and yet fucking truck you anyways)

Have I skipped too much shit before heading to the Giant area?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not sure how they explain lore-wise how some random murder bear in a cave would destroy godrick

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have I skipped too much shit before heading to the Giant area?
Just make sure to do the Rogier / Ranni quest stuff before you go looking for Radahn. I don't think it completely breaks the quest but it definitely skips a large chunk of it if you start up the festival too early.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Just make sure to do the Rogier / Ranni quest stuff before you go looking for Radahn. I don't think it completely breaks the quest but it definitely skips a large chunk of it if you start up the festival too early.
I must have skipped the Rogier quest because I have his rapier but not the stuff and I've already started Ranni's quest (of which I have no idea what to do as I wasn't looking up spoilers haha but now I'm worried I'm skipping around too much.

Have I already fucked this up?

Vorph

Not sure how they explain lore-wise how some random murder bear in a cave would destroy godrick
Yeah, I would rather fight another Fallingstar beast in a room half the size of the room in Sellia Tunnel than mess with a runebear in the open world.

Have I already fucked this up?
Rogier basically just sends you to Ranni to pledge yourself to her. The stuff that gets skipped is Blaidd's quest to kill the beast in one of the evergaols and then the part where Ranni sends you into the Siofra River to meet him. Then there's a bunch more after that involving Ranni, one of her other minion NPCs, etc.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Taking a break to post here. It won't be too long.

My sorcerer after some 40 hours (no great rune active), have only killed Margit, Radahn and the lunar queen thing, along with at least two dozen optional bosses:

1646677695390.png

Using a +9 Lusat staff which gives 360 sorcery scaling and azur comet for the big stuff, still waiting to find the physics pot part that gives 10 seconds of no FP consumption to complete that part of the build. Pebble and rock sling are plenty for every thing else, and phalanx is just OP, I try to avoid using it because it literally trivializes all the trash and all the invaders.

Going to get vigor up some, faith after until I can use the sword of night and fire, which should be a good swap in.

Radagons scarseal lets a pretty basic stat sorceror wield moonveil katana, which I had fun with also. I like the seal best out of all the talismans I found so far.

For the people that want a good farming spot which can get you to 80+, try wardead catacombs. It is an afk farm but very decent. Also get a golden scarab, which increases rune drops by 20%.

Two things I hate about the game currently:
- when you mid boss fight and you find your 213th mushroom (which you are never going to use) and a huge screen pops up to inform you of finding the mushroom. This is a meme by itself.
- not being able to invade people, seems hardly anyone can be

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Funny thing about that spot, twice i've gotten a boatload of runes out of nowhere while helping about 20 people kill that boss. I was using that spot around level 90 to test out new weapon builds helping people kill that monk boss with insane HP, once I went in I think with like 15k souls, but at the end, before the boss fight even ended I somehow had over 70k and I have no clue why. He only gives like 20k or so. It happened a second time where I mysteriously got another 50k souls out of nowhere.

One possibility is that I spawned in and there were some PVPers that died, do they give a ton of runes, like 50K or 70K? IDK.

If dudes have golden eyes they give a random bonus rune multiplier, that might be why

• 1Like

Vorph

and phalanx is just OP
Are you casting phalanx or using the weapon skill? Fextralife claimed the skill was almost as good for vastly less FP, but even on my +15 magic uchigatana it hits for less than a pebble.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Are you casting phalanx or using the weapon skill? Fextralife claimed the skill was almost as good for vastly less FP, but even on my +15 magic uchigatana it hits for less than a pebble.

Casting. In harder dungeons if I'm not sneaking, I always have it up.

If some mob ports in from who knows where, at least I'll have an initial defense. A lot of stuff gets staggered by 2-3 repeated hits from a full phalanx, and since it is so much easier to cast since it doesn't require LoS + facing your enemy, it really is very powerful. I guess it way more about the utility then about the damage, which is still respectable for me. Just try using it while dodging an invader a bit, it will make the fight trivial.

As a general tip: the physick flask part which restores 50% health over time can be very useful. I use it before passing a fog door, so any initial attrition damage is healed passively. Along with a damage negation part, they give that extra bit of room at the start, so you can get out a summon even against bosses that are instantly on top of you.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

I would 100% go with a story where rats took him down when he was slightly distracted for a moment.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
That dungeon is just flat-out bad, IMO. Those centipede-men are horrible, and yeah, you have to basically sneak or beeline through every time.

Question for anyone with a better memory than mine: What are all of the overworld dragon bosses? I.e. the ones with a boss HP meter. I skipped almost all of them and I want to go back and clear them all out at level 120.

Here are the ones I remember:
-Dragon in swamp near beginning (got this one)
-Mega-dragon surrounded by green dragons (got this one, dunno if it's actually supposed to be a boss)
-Dragon on the plateau where you get Dark Moon Greatsword
-Ice dragon on the frozen lake
-Black dragon near the 3 towers where Renna lives

I can't remember/pinpoint the locations of any other ones offhand, so feel free to throw some my way.

Just killed Great Wyrm Theo in Consecrated Snowfield, he's at the east end of the frozen river, southeast of Ordina, Liturgical Town. He dropped 3 hearts.

Count the dragon that was protecting the Academy key in Liurnia?

Also, there was that ancient dragon before or after the Grand Lift of Dectus...the one after all the destroyed carriages.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Rogier basically just sends you to Ranni to pledge yourself to her. The stuff that gets skipped is Blaidd's quest to kill the beast in one of the evergaols and then the part where Ranni sends you into the Siofra River to meet him. Then there's a bunch more after that involving Ranni, one of her other minion NPCs, etc.

See that's what I thought, go to the Siofra River but I had already cleared that area and can't find the dude. Well fuck it, just looked it up lol. Thanks.