Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm just retarded apparently and thought all I needed to do was press up on the dpad for it to cast 🔥. Can tell I have used a lot of magic in these games <_<.

Well I hope I don't break the quest line then. Trying hard to not murder hobo things needlessly.

As someone who has done blind DS1/DS3/BB/Sekiro this game is far and away the least punishing for death/exploration and has the ability to become very safe very quickly to tune that difficulty way down. I'd recommend this game to even terrible gamers while the others on my list I'd not recommend to anyone who values their gaming time good player or not. =O
I have the demon souls remake on my shelf now. Will get blood borne but I gotta space games like this out. I still grit my teeth on this game. Which is sad because as others have pointed out the game shits runes

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
After experiencing almost all that Elden Ring has to offer, my new passion is watching the endless compilations of rage/fail videos. Many a controller, keyboard and mouse have died to bring us such entertainment.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
After experiencing almost all that Elden Ring has to offer, my new passion is watching the endless compilations of rage/fail videos. Many a controller, keyboard and mouse have died to bring us such entertainment.
I still haven't finished the game, but the guru has been posting videos of boss fights, and they're funny enough to watch. It's a big tournament deal, and I'll be curious to see what boss ends up winning.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Beat the Camera Giant last night, he took about 10 attempts, what a terribly designed encounter. That fight is my first legit unfun experience in the game.

It wasn't "hard" it was unfun. Death due to a camera angle is a 3rd world video game problem and it must be eradicated from first world games.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Beat the Camera Giant last night, he took about 10 attempts, what a terribly designed encounter. That fight is my first legit unfun experience in the game.

It wasn't "hard" it was unfun. Death due to a camera angle is a 3rd world video game problem and it must be eradicated from first world games.

It's an issue that gets worse every game where they keeping upping the size of the bosses and shrinking a lot of the battlefields. Don't know if it's something they don't know how to fix, don't care, or just think giant epic looking bosses outweigh the camera issues.

My newest pet peeve is how when you get hit on the horse, you always get knocked backwards even if you're hit in the back which should knock you forward.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
My only real gripe for this whole game is that any button should be able to dismiss text, I get it a seal was broken somewhere fuck off I'm getting killed.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Tldw; seamless coop unrestricted. Looks like it’s close to being released. It’s a mod btw

Fucking four people…that would be so easy. Would still be fun. Wonder if you can be in totally different parts of the world doing shit. Pretty cool they got that working, From should just add it as an option imo

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally started playing this several days ago. Having a blast.

I killed Margit in the castle then went back southeast and just exploring Limgrave now. Has anyone tried a faith/sacred affinity build? I put some points in faith to use a few incantations and just found the Sacred Blade ash of war. A paladin build sounds cool so wondering if I should go all in and build around that. Will I get fucked over on some bosses that resist holy damage?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It will be more than fine but a few notables esp at the end do have holy res

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Tldw; seamless coop unrestricted. Looks like it’s close to being released. It’s a mod btw

I need to finally upgrade my PC, this would be so much fun especially if it lets you play modded content in seamless coop. Wish the game would have launched with something like this; as much as I usually play solo the fact you can't even use Torrent in coop is kinda lame, this mod looks badass!

Last edited:

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Hey everyone. Jumping on the elden ring bandwagon a little late here. I have Nirgon Nirgon acting as my main coach. He advised me to roll a battle mage. Araysar Araysar is assist coach.

Having some trouble with Margit the fell. I’ve only been able to get him to 50% with my battle mage build. Please advise on strategy.

• 1Picard

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hey everyone. Jumping on the elden ring bandwagon a little late here. I have Nirgon Nirgon acting as my main coach. He advised me to roll a battle mage. Araysar Araysar is assist coach.

Having some trouble with Margit the fell. I’ve only been able to get him to 50% with my battle mage build. Please advise on strategy.

git gud fgt

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
git gud fgt
I’m not a nerd that plays video games all the time. That’s OK. Video games are for everyone.

now please only looking for constructive feedback in helping my battle mage beat this boss

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I’m not a nerd that plays video games all the time. That’s OK. Video games are for everyone.

now please only looking for constructive feedback in helping my battle mage beat this boss

Welcome to the Elden Ring thread

1653355479198.png

• 1Like