Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, have to agree with Rivers of Blood being easy mode, especially since you can summon your mimic tear with the same weapon. With two of you slashing away with that weapon, everything in the game just gets cheesed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, have to agree with Rivers of Blood being easy mode, especially since you can summon your mimic tear with the same weapon. With two of you slashing away with that weapon, everything in the game just gets cheesed.
I’ll try it. I think that sounds fun. But I will probably drop it in a second run like ashes. Ashes stomp the game. Should be done with game before weekend.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider

No matter what weapon you have, spirit ashes makes most bosses a joke.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Almost done with NG+ / the platinum, finally. Only trophy left is the Frenzied Flame ending. Just went through the sewers (worst part of the game by far) and defeated Mogh / got branded. Now my character's once-nice back has been ruined and she looks terrible in the Deathbed Dress, so I'm ready to wrap this playthrough up.

Only have Mountaintop of the Giants and Farum Azula left. I guess Haligtree as well, cause you gotta. Thinking I'll try to plow the rest of it in one shot. Getting the Blasphemous Blade (which I never got before) and I'm gonna try using that instead of Hand for the rest. Maybe some Rivers of Blood as well for Haligtree because F 'em that's why.

Speaking of Haligtree, where should I slot that in? After Mountaintops? Right before the final boss?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Almost done with NG+ / the platinum, finally. Only trophy left is the Frenzied Flame ending. Just went through the sewers (worst part of the game by far) and defeated Mogh / got branded. Now my character's once-nice back has been ruined and she looks terrible in the Deathbed Dress, so I'm ready to wrap this playthrough up.

Only have Mountaintop of the Giants and Farum Azula left. I guess Haligtree as well, cause you gotta. Thinking I'll try to plow the rest of it in one shot. Getting the Blasphemous Blade (which I never got before) and I'm gonna try using that instead of Hand for the rest. Maybe some Rivers of Blood as well for Haligtree because F 'em that's why.

Speaking of Haligtree, where should I slot that in? After Mountaintops? Right before the final boss?
After the final boss is probably better.

• 1Like

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Here is my ez mode build, Im level 200 atm.

60 vig, 60 end, 90str, 20 dex, 25 faith

I use 2 weapon setups.

Setup 1 is dual giant crusher with fire ash because fire fucks radagon up as well as most things that cant bleed. Full bull goat armor but sometimes raptor chest. Claw talisman, soreseal, milicent talisman, phys def talisman because more tanky more better.

Setup 2 is dual gargoyle twinblade 1 with bleed, 1 with frost. White mask, raptor chest, bull goat other 2 pieces. Claw talisman, blood talisman, milicent talisman, soreseal.

Never have to respec, but it is melee so some bosses are harder.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220607_043218.jpg

What's going on with those messages out in the middle of nowhere? How?

20220607_043225.jpg

Looks like a bunch of people tried jumping over there and failed, judging from all the Bloodstained.

20220607_043135.jpg

20220607_043148.jpg

Anyone know what this outfit is? I think it's Malenia helm, no shirt, don't know the arms/pants though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
View attachment 415878
What's going on with those messages out in the middle of nowhere? How?

View attachment 415879
Looks like a bunch of people tried jumping over there and failed, judging from all the Bloodstained.

View attachment 415881
View attachment 415880
Anyone know what this outfit is? I think it's Malenia helm, no shirt, don't know the arms/pants though.
Pants are either Battlemage or Zamor legwraps, not entirely sure since they're both bandages. Chest is actually Duellist(or Rotten Duellist), altered to remove the cloak. It's only the hand/arm snake thing as a result but provides some armor. Looks like there's gloves too but no idea which.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Depends on how badly you want a couple Dragon Sombers before taking on the last zone. I personally think Sewers (up to Frenzied Door), then Halig, then Farum Azul because it leaves you the most options to backtrack if you want. Once you unlock Farum Azul a lot of things become essentially inaccessable.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Depends on how badly you want a couple Dragon Sombers before taking on the last zone. I personally think Sewers (up to Frenzied Door), then Halig, then Farum Azul because it leaves you the most options to backtrack if you want. Once you unlock Farum Azul a lot of things become essentially inaccessable.
FA doesn’t lock away the sewers in the city. I think the only thing it locks up is the upper city areas/bosses that were available before?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
FA doesn’t lock away the sewers in the city. I think the only thing it locks up is the upper city areas/bosses that were available before?
I thought the change to the upper area after FA more or less covers the entrance? Perhaps I am in error. In any case, there is a shit ton of stuff in the capital to be combed, but ideally you do most of that prior to the snow areas. I know from playing with the wife coop that they wont even let you coop in the city propper once you beat Morgot, for one example of a PONR.

On the topic of coop, wife and I are now poking around the snow area (letting her decide where we go) and its pretty fun with two of us. Gankers still swarm invade, but almost all of them get repelled, thanks to me being Dex/Faith with Rivers and Elden Stars while the wife just drops the shattered stars spell. Most of the gankers are still rocking the same endgame twink weapons they did in prior areas going for an alpha strike and do not have much health. A couple plinks from the spells knocks them out of roll spam and Rivers of Blood does the rest. And there are a lot less areas for them to exploit terrain in this region. Biggest problem we had was them invading while we were trying to kill the fucking blizzard dragon, but we got through that fine once I slapped on the Salubri head so the wife could just comet cheese the dragon. Not that coop is not already easy mode, but that agro talisman is pure cheese if you know how to use it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I thought the change to the upper area after FA more or less covers the entrance? Perhaps I am in error. In any case, there is a shit ton of stuff in the capital to be combed, but ideally you do most of that prior to the snow areas. I know from playing with the wife coop that they wont even let you coop in the city propper once you beat Morgot, for one example of a PONR.

On the topic of coop, wife and I are now poking around the snow area (letting her decide where we go) and its pretty fun with two of us. Gankers still swarm invade, but almost all of them get repelled, thanks to me being Dex/Faith with Rivers and Elden Stars while the wife just drops the shattered stars spell. Most of the gankers are still rocking the same endgame twink weapons they did in prior areas going for an alpha strike and do not have much health. A couple plinks from the spells knocks them out of roll spam and Rivers of Blood does the rest. And there are a lot less areas for them to exploit terrain in this region. Biggest problem we had was them invading while we were trying to kill the fucking blizzard dragon, but we got through that fine once I slapped on the Salubri head so the wife could just comet cheese the dragon. Not that coop is not already easy mode, but that agro talisman is pure cheese if you know how to use it.
Why haven’t you switched to the multiplayer mod? Can both use horses and no more invaders.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I thought the capital changes only after you clear farum, not when you enter it? I haven't checked though but since they take you there after you're done that's how I assumed it worked. So you can start Farum, grab stuff like ancient smithing stones and the highest bell bearings, and then go do other stuff, I'd assume. That said I just cleared Leyndell as I walked through it, no real reason to put it off for later since it's relatively easy. But yeah the sewers are unaffected regardless.

My dagger run is nearing its end but those last bosses are being a huge pita, both because daggers are ass and because I have no idea what they do since my first clear was just spamming fireballs at shit, usually killing them in 3-4casts. Maliketh took me a good amount of tries and now on Malenia and this is gonna take a while too. The 2 dragons I smashed easily though. Last boss I think should be fine, but I don't know about first phase, on my caster it took literally 15secs of spamming spells but on dagger it'll probably take a while so gonna have to learn his stuff.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I thought the capital changes only after you clear farum, not when you enter it? I haven't checked though but since they take you there after you're done that's how I assumed it worked. So you can start Farum, grab stuff like ancient smithing stones and the highest bell bearings, and then go do other stuff, I'd assume. That said I just cleared Leyndell as I walked through it, no real reason to put it off for later since it's relatively easy. But yeah the sewers are unaffected regardless.

My dagger run is nearing its end but those last bosses are being a huge pita, both because daggers are ass and because I have no idea what they do since my first clear was just spamming fireballs at shit, usually killing them in 3-4casts. Maliketh took me a good amount of tries and now on Malenia and this is gonna take a while too. The 2 dragons I smashed easily though. Last boss I think should be fine, but I don't know about first phase, on my caster it took literally 15secs of spamming spells but on dagger it'll probably take a while so gonna have to learn his stuff.
Hora Loux is the last boss that gives a shit about bleeding and is not resistant to slash damage. And a few of the main bosses prior are basically ae rape fests with lots of resistances to bleed/slash (melenia being a notable exception), so you are in for some fun for sure. What daggers are you using for your play?

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah the big meta I see more and more of in the gankers has been dual Naginatas with a secondary status ash on both. Pretty nasty if they land a jump attack with the pair and Naginatas are really fast for a spear weapon, with both slash and pierce moves, so they can stack up the status really fast if you let them. And Frost is basically the hardest thing to gear up against in the game.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That’s how I was playing at the end of my first character. A frost build up great sword and bleed great sword. I’m sure katanas would’ve been better but I liked the poise break of the two great swords. When frost and bleed would pop the damage was awesome.

• 1Like