Embers Adrift

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Was finally able to pick up this game and some jogger stole my name? I saw him running around last night too. If you see a Sylas thats not me. Tell him to suck a dick.

Trying to decide on a class atm, marshall or brigand?

Marshall is very under-represented from that infographic I posted above.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Warlords is great QoL in a group. Basically a bard like healer with less Utility.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
What about warlord? I've only read through the summary of classes once but that initially struck me as good utility in groups.

Warlords are good but I think players overvalue them for the stamina regen buff they bring. It's pretty minimal (+1 Stamina every 6 seconds). Warlord's better utility comes through their group HP regen (very useful when fighting enemies with AoE damage as no other class has an AoE heal until Duelist at 22) and their fear (which can help peel a mob if your Marshal or Brigand is asleep at the wheel or out of stamina). Late game they get a group haste buff which theoretically is insane, but that's at level 26 and I have yet to even see a player higher than level 25.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Both are instrumental in groups because they stop you from getting wiped by a bad pull or adds. I think the game needs more Marshalls (because they can tank as well) but either class is a great choice.
Yeah that's what i'm going for. I was leaning towards Brigand since I assumed Marshalls low popularity meant they weren't good. I have a brigand only lvl 3 and am making a Marshall, question though are they able to solo (with this latest change)?

Hekotat

Yeah that's what i'm going for. I was leaning towards Brigand since I assumed Marshalls low popularity meant they weren't good. I have a brigand only lvl 3 and am making a Marshall, question though are they able to solo (with this latest change)?

The one marshall we rolled with had some nice abilities for group content, I'm guessing the name is what threw everyone.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Was finally able to pick up this game and some jogger stole my name? I saw him running around last night too. If you see a Sylas thats not me. Tell him to suck a dick.

Trying to decide on a class atm, marshall or brigand?
If it's the Sylas I know, telling him to suck a dick won't do anything but get his motor runnin'.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

Brigs will definitely be able to solo better, but Marshals aren't bad at it.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
well marshall is now 4, and i learned that if an npc guard gets a single hit on a creature that you dont get xp or a corpse. took me 5 min to find a bear for a quest, get him down to 2% and a guard runs up and steals my kill

• 1Worf

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I started up and it's running fine even though my computer is on the lower end of the required specs. Probably the only 2 annoying things right now are how much I hate the default setup for every single window in the game, I'm going to be tweaking it forever, and how much I suck at the simple quests. Find a guy, ok I'll just wander forever. In pretty much every other way I like it so far. It should be a perfect background game for work.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
well marshall is now 4, and i learned that if an npc guard gets a single hit on a creature that you dont get xp or a corpse. took me 5 min to find a bear for a quest, get him down to 2% and a guard runs up and steals my kill

So...you didn't get your bear ass?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
marshall is almost 9 now, finished all the quests in starter zone (I think? idk) and moved on the northern one.

game is a janky ass eq clone and i love it.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So halt (class defining marshall skill) is literally just an aoe root spell? We get no other cc abilities, and since there is no graphic for party members to see that mobs are rooted, it only works as cc if i am the only tank (so i can back up and drag the kill target away) or if i pull or assist the puller and root things en route to the party.

I mean it works i guess. Grinded all weekend, any group when im the mt were smooth as butter cus i could cc adds and back up. Solid efficient grinding made 2 levels quickly. But anytime we had a knight or another tank join party was rough cus a: tank instinct is to attack adds for aggro so they dont b-line for healers and b: they dont see when ive rooted the adds so they end up breaking root or standing next to the mob taking hits.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I find voice communication is pretty necessary for CC classes. That or you need to type really fast and hope people are paying attention.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So a guild mate made me some imbued tin pieces. Like chest and a shield, cant carry too much wt yet at lvl 11, but oh man what a difference ac makes in this game. Going from like 50ac with random dropped pieces to 225 ac changes combat so much. Went from only soloing 1^ to comfortably soloing 2^, even with adds since i can cc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
Yea just gun for ac to weight ratio. For imbued tin that is bracers and greaves. There's a weightless 6 ac hat thst falls like rain in northreach

Hekotat

Is this worth picking up? Like really worth the cost?

If you got a solid group to play with or like running with randos and being social, yes. I got my 30 bucks out of it but it got harder to get anything done with short play windows and not many people to play with. I didn't want to group up for 20 mins and leave, there is a lot of prep and camping to get shit done.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
debating getting this, how good is the dungeon experience. Are we talking old seb levels of depth and time investment? Is there a serviceable ‘end game’?

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I've seen one medium sized dungeon the only time I ran through it we were op a bit and never felt threatened really. I didn't see fast respawn or random named but I have seen that in the wilderness. Maybe someone who has more experience with that aspect could fill that in. They do look good though and the way they do death is reasonable. I'm having a good time, not rushing to level, and the is plenty to see.

I'm curious as well what people are seeing post 25.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been using a lvl 10 crafted quarterstaff since level 10. Just hit lvl 20 and crafted the next tier upgrade for myself....which gave me a whopping additional +1 to bonus over the lvl 10 staff I had been using.

Suffice it to say, cntent and itemization need some serious tuning post lvl 20.

• 1Worf