Energy Drink Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And now The Rock is going to join this market with a new energy drink. Not the Jumangi picture, but in the text.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And now The Rock is going to join this market with a new energy drink. Not the Jumangi picture, but in the text.

Voss water in glass bottles is some of the best water I've ever tasted outside of straight ice cold well water. Plastic bottle Voss sucks though.

I'll be there ready and waiting for his new energy drink.

I never did give a review of the gfuel stuff but it all tasted like shit. Was very disappointed. Was worse than their powders.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tried "Bang" energy drink, Pina Colada flavor - first Bang I've had.
Stats appear good, zero sugar, 0 calories

but it tastes great!

Drank one after a three hour hike and it was delightfully refreshing

I then had energy to wash dishes and go to the gym

I drank it around 4pm, it kept me up until well after 11 even tho I went to bed around 9. Kept me in light sleep and tricked out my dreams. and twice! I woke up the startling sense that someone was in the room with me?

Overall, great first impression

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
Man I’ve never heard of g-fuel until reading this thread. I’ve been living under a rock. I’ll definitely give it a try.

Usually my go to drinks are black coffee or an organic rockstar. I’m not into sugary drinks but this one is a weekender when I’m worn out from dad duties.

Has anyone tried the new Coca-Cola energy that they advertised during the Super Bowl? I’m curious if it’s any good. They should call it coked up.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
so is gfuel supposed to work well? i swear i drink like 6 a day and nuttin.

i will say they give a "teeny" tiny bit of heart palpatations once in a while, as opposed to the amazon brand energy drink mix. coworker gave me the amazon amino acid mix to try, nuttin, so then i ordered up some gfuel grape, still nuttin.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
so is gfuel supposed to work well? i swear i drink like 6 a day and nuttin.

i will say they give a "teeny" tiny bit of heart palpatations once in a while, as opposed to the amazon brand energy drink mix. coworker gave me the amazon amino acid mix to try, nuttin, so then i ordered up some gfuel grape, still nuttin.
Could just be immune to caffeine or it doesn't affect you as much. I can drink a Rockstar and go to sleep, it doesn't do shit for me. I thought for a while that it didn't give me a rush but made it easier to stay up later. That longevity! But nope. The longevity just comes from doing something I'm interested in. Lol

Because of this "immunity" I have gave up energy drinks a couple weeks ago and I'm actually feeling better because of it. Snuck one in the other day, and made me feel like shit all day so something has changed for me.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Could just be immune to caffeine or it doesn't affect you as much. I can drink a Rockstar and go to sleep, it doesn't do shit for me. I thought for a while that it didn't give me a rush but made it easier to stay up later. That longevity! But nope. The longevity just comes from doing something I'm interested in. Lol

Because of this "immunity" I have gave up energy drinks a couple weeks ago and I'm actually feeling better because of it. Snuck one in the other day, and made me feel like shit all day so something has changed for me.
I dropped them a while back to the same results. Felt better, sleeping better. I'm drinking them again but not as much. I think I'm probably going to drop them again when I run out of gfuel again.

When I haven't been drinking many Monsters make me feel way worse than gfuel though.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Tried the new coke energy drinks. Awful 0/10

I tried the Cherry Coke one and it seemed alright. It kinda tasted like they mixed a Diet Cherry Coke with a normal one and added caffeine. It had that slight watery taste I get from Diet Coke and not much of an aftertaste. I'll probably never buy one again. I'll stick to my Rockstar Punched and Monster Rehabs.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tried Cherry Coke and Coke Zero energy drink.

I must give Cherry Coke W sugar a 5/10

Cherry Coke is fine it tastes like a Slightly less sweet Cherry Coke but it was complete weak sauce int the energy dept. I will never buy again.

Coke Zero
Aspartame garbage. Sugar free drinks generally are for fat beetus having soy boys but I tried this out. My voice got higher so I tossed it in the trash.

jk aside it was not even on par with 2/10 Coke Zero.

• 1Quality Calories

Pops

black-label-wide.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I tried the Cherry Coke one and it seemed alright. It kinda tasted like they mixed a Diet Cherry Coke with a normal one and added caffeine. It had that slight watery taste I get from Diet Coke and not much of an aftertaste. I'll probably never buy one again. I'll stick to my Rockstar Punched and Monster Rehabs.
I don't even know what flavor mine was. Assumed regular coke. Very watery tasting

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Can confirm the Coke Energy regular tastes like Jolt if you dipped balls in it and left it out to get flat.

right now I subscribe and save 48 Monster Absolute Zero - drink one in the morning one in the afternoon most week days and sometimes on the weekend.

really intrigued by all this G Fuel power talk.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

I'm still waiting to hear ANYTHING about this drink. Rock hasn't said shit since that post, and there's only one other article about it. I wonder if it's still happening, or DOA?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Can confirm the Coke Energy regular tastes like Jolt if you dipped balls in it and left it out to get flat.

right now I subscribe and save 48 Monster Absolute Zero - drink one in the morning one in the afternoon most week days and sometimes on the weekend.

My suggestion don't go overboard with g-fuel. Get a small sampler or something first to try it out. For me the aftertaste was harsh for me and killed any of the flavors I tried. Also I didn't get the same energy feeling I did from drinking a Rockstar or Monster.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ex

yeah I never will go back to monster after Gfuel. Outside of crone, it’s a proven winner (as long as you drink it cold and get a good mixer bottle like the gfuel shaker or blender bottle)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Gfuel Strawberry Banana - 7/10. Not really impressed.
Bahama Mama - 8.5 - Actually very good. Crisp and clean. If you like Mama drinks you will want this.