Engagement rings

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Chicks don't care what kind of ring their man wears. They only care about their own ring. In a year and a half of being married, I've never once had someone ask to see my ring. My wife shows her off to everyone.

Just one of those things that women care a lot about, and men don't care whatsoever about (like bed comforters and throw pillows for the couch)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You must be hung like a horse to get away with that, Tubro.
Sorry for the ambiguity. The ring I wear was $35 from a pawn shop. The ring my wife wears was a couple thousand dollars and custom made from being cast from a wax carving at a master jeweler.

Column_sl

shitlord
What do people think about giving your Fianc? a family ring?
That was an extremely tough decision for me to make.

My first wife I fucking hated, and we only got married because we had a kid together in college with pressure from both of our families.
I bought her a really nice ring which I'm sure shes pawned by now.

My 2nd wife, we lived together for 5 years before getting married last year. She's pretty much my little girls mom since I've had full custody of my child since I divorced my other skank of a wife.

My Parents are super rich, and have a family ring that could pretty much set anyone up for life.

For Monthes I couldn't decide If I wanted to buy her a really nice ring from myself, or give her the family ring.
I ended up giving her the Family ring, because it proved that I trust her more then anything in the world.

Still in the back of my mind I wonder If I should have just bought her a new ring. I may just do that anyway for our First year anniversary.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Still in the back of my mind I wonder If I should have just bought her a new ring. I may just do that anyway for our First year anniversary.
And do what, take the other one back? You already gave her 1 ring, don't give her a 2nd. That's a dumb waste of money.

Column_sl

shitlord
No, hah. That's her ring now, I gave it to her to have forever. ( There's allot of reasons I gave her the super expensive ring she will never know about)
A 2nd ring would just be something of a token from me for her to have that was exclusively started with our family.

I don't really care about wasting money when it comes to stuff like that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If she likes the look of the ring I wouldn't even consider giving her another ring. There's inumerable things you can do with her that would start your own traditions (especially having kids if that's an option). But a valuable family ring is something to be treasured and kept.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my wife has a nice platinum super wedding ring/band. surprisingly being eq/eq2 players for 8 years didn't factor in platinum vs. white gold. It was the fact that platinum is mega tough and shes an engineer. i'm a geeky tech nerd married to an engineer the only ring for me was

the ring is hella thick (around/band/circumference/ just everything thick)i have indentations on my pinky/middle finger. also if i drive the civic, i know i'm going too fast when i hear the gears in my ring cling vibrate and shake. otherwise i constantly spin it with my thumb as a "nervous tick" or when i need to think.

its going on a year, it's stainless steel and gets dirty super fast (lots of nooks and crannies) that's not a problem cuz i have a sonic jewelry cleaner (or rather my wife does, you all should have one too costs like 50ish bucks good to wash all the jewelry and make the diamonds/rings sparkle again)

kd5ddo_sl

shitlord
Although I wouldn't follow this advice myself, my friend offered this to me.

Get a fake. If she checks it out and sees what it is worth, she wasn't worthy to start. If she doesn't care because it of the gesture and of what it signifies, then you'll know forever.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What if she's a responsible person who values the monetary aspect if the ring and attempts to get it insured?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Or it could be like when I bought my now wife's ring. We went in to get it resized (I FUCKED UP LOL) and they told her how much it cost right there in front of me. I have never felt such an urge to punch a big-tittied red head in my life like that day.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Whow whow whow, was it much less or much more than your wife thought?

"Yes I'd like to get my ring resized to a 6 please."
"Ma'am this is plastic."

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Almost exactly a year after making this thread, I just found a ring that I'm seriously considering today. We were never in any rush anyway, but the money is set aside and all that is left is to pull the trigger.

So, yay.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Almost exactly a year after making this thread, I just found a ring that I'm seriously considering today. We were never in any rush anyway, but the money is set aside and all that is left is to pull the trigger.

So, yay.
rrr_img_60571.jpg

Something like this or? I mean, you're not giving us much to go on.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My good friend Heylel, before you pull the trigger on this very important purchase let me tell you of the longterm benefits of investing in moissanite.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

So, yay.
your future wife is a materialistic sucker for wanting a diamond. get out while you can.

she's probably ugly too.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I love this thread. It's like the senile old uncle that you only see once or twice a year at family gatherings but he tells you the same handful of stories you've been hearing over and over again for years.