Engagement rings

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Joe, try to keep up with the thread:

A) If you thought she was happy with it, yo so dumb, lol. Bitch be straight lyin' and wanted something $X + $10k because she been bred that way since like amoebas and shit

B) You should have only of paid about tr? fiddy for that ring because the Jews have perpetuated the myth of the scarcity of rocks that are sparkly and did you even go to Jarrod? I mean you so dumb.

C) lol functional like my dick amirite??? Next you'll say it is an investment. Like my dick!!!!

People in this thread know more and better about your significant other and relationship with him / her / it / them. Please don't presume that your years of interacting with this person qualifies you to talk about their likes or dislikes.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Kirun_sl said:
Right, this is what she "tells" you. Woman say all sorts of shit that they don't really mean. She knows it's what you want to hear, she assumes it's what she feels(mostly because she innately knows that the likelihood of her obtaining that lifestyle is almost nil. Her "poor" background helps her mind come to this assumption), but if some guy were to drop a 30k rock on her finger, you honestly think she's going to say, "You know what, no thanks! This is just too...obnoxious! I just want something antique!". Please...
heh, fair enough, you must know my woman so much better than me! The fact is, when we first started dating diamonds came up fairly early on, I don't even remember how or why. Before I'd made my opinion known, she said she didn't like diamonds and thought they were silly. At which point I was like "fuck yeah, have you heard of moissanite?!"

In terms of money in general, conspicuous consumption, having expensive tastes and the like none of that shit applies to her. It really doesn't. But preach on, bro, if it makes you feel better.

Soygen_sl said:
Now none of this changes the fact that I will still make extremely chauvinist jokes at women's expense.
And use the word "cunt" as frequently as possible.

*brofist*

Poster_sl said:
my biggest shock at this thread is that "10k+" is obnoxious for an engagement ring.
I think she was just guessing. She doesn't know sweet fuck all about diamonds, she just said it was huge and in her opinion obnoxious. It might be worth 20k or more, for all I know. The dude who bought it makes pretty good money, he could easily afford 20-30k on a ring, so that's entirely possible.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of us are just giving Eomer the same kind of shit we were given by plenty of people in this community when we talked about our engagements/weddings. Obviously it's in jest... well, for some of us at least.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
No Eyashusa, you're just not getting it: all women are money grubbing, status craving whores because of science. Just like all men are cavemen unable to overcome their most basic urges.

Wait, maybe Kirun was on to something after all.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I can trust what my wife tells me. However, she's also a woman. Now, there are great women, good women, bad women, horrible women, and everything in between. However, it's hilarious watching men pretend like 200,000 years of women evolving gets erased, because of what they "tell" you.
200,000 years of desiring diamonds you say?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that doesn't sound completely retarded.
It's the flip side to 'men only love a woman because of their vagina and men's instinctual need to deposit semen.'. It's the kind of bullshit a first year anthropologist student will say halfway through their first psychology class.

Yeah, for millions of years the root of female attraction has been how well a man can provide for and protect the female. But we're in a much different place now and people are a little more complex than that. There's innumerable reasons why a woman would hate expensive jewelry.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I only look for what orifices I can fill my seed with. If getting a diamond ring gets me into those places then so be it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
heh, fair enough, you must know my woman so much better than me! The fact is, when we first started dating diamonds came up fairly early on, I don't even remember how or why. Before I'd made my opinion known, she said she didn't like diamonds and thought they were silly. At which point I was like "fuck yeah, have you heard of moissanite?!"
Its a pretty safe bet to assume that any man is going to find the diamond thing stupid. She was totally giving you what you wanted to hear or what she thought would be the best way to have that grip on you more.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It's the flip side to 'men only love a woman because of their vagina and men's instinctual need to deposit semen.'. It's the kind of bullshit a first year anthropologist student will say halfway through their first psychology class.

Yeah, for millions of years the root of female attraction has been how well a man can provide for and protect the female. But we're in a much different place now and people are a little more complex than that. There's innumerable reasons why a woman would hate expensive jewelry.
Would you marry a woman who did not have a vagina?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I only look for what orifices I can fill my seed with. If getting a diamond ring gets me into those places then so be it.
Sapphires = handjobs
Emeralds = blowjobs & handjobs
Rubies = vaginal, blowjobs & handjobs
Diamonds = anal, vaginal, blowjob & handjobs
Moissanite = Tuco

lindz

#DDs
Sapphires = handjobs
Moissanite = Tuco
Fuck, you mean I could have been getting all that jeweler this whole time? I've been doing it wrong.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sapphires = handjobs
Moissanite = Tuco
I got mine a Diamond.. if only I knew about Moissanite.

You can't really take a lot of women at their word is the point. If I had gotten any other stone for my wife I'm sure she would've loved it either way. Then she'd meet up with her girlfriends and they'd tell her how she was ripped off and stuff. Then I'd be in some hypothetical dog house (mind you I wouldn't know I was in it). Maybe you'll get the 1% who wouldn't care, but I guarantee deep down there is some shit brewing.

Eomer can pretend he's got this woman who isn't into anything, but deep down she's planning a hack job on his ween.