Epic Seven

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
So, I fell asleep, and when I woke up, Tieria was nerfed all to shit. No more def break = now she's very meh. Think I'll replace her with ML Cartuja at this point, since he seems pretty useful with the stun. Is this as good an idea as it sounds or am I wasting my time?

Also, I'm struggling to find a spot for Diene. I don't get it. She doesn't heal at all? Barriers are great, but I can't see that being a replacement for, say, Destina. That, and I'll probably end up replacing Destina with Angelica at some point anyway.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You'd run C.Domi, (Kluri or Ken for def break), (Angelica or Destina healer), flex spot. Your healer and def breaker will depend on what you're running, Ken for more offense kluri for more defense. Flex spot I'd usually run a dps or buffer, Yuna would be pretty nice for that role with 2 buffs and aoe attacks to charge domis passive. Shoot for 50% crit percent since crit buff adds 50% and is up most of the time.
How does C Doms passive work? Will her attack clear the dmg buff or will it continue to build afterwards?

Molten Core Raider
Also, I'm struggling to find a spot for Diene. I don't get it. She doesn't heal at all? Barriers are great, but I can't see that being a replacement for, say, Destina. That, and I'll probably end up replacing Destina with Angelica at some point anyway.

The barriers aren't a replacement for a healer outright but the buff and shield together provide support that almost no other unit in the game can match. To make Diene OP you gotta invest pretty heavily, get that shield skilled up to +4 or +5 and it can soak some huge hits without going down. Skill up her S3 to max and her S1 a few times and Diene will take a turn so often she'll be lapping your dps. Put the Rod of Amaryllis on her and every non-attack she does will heal someone (or if you dont want the healing and want her to attack even more often, put Magaraha's Tome on her for even more combat readiness). Her spot healing with Angelica in the front pulling double duty as a tank and healer (equip Candlestick) and you can fit two dps into your team and smash pretty much everything.

I run Angelica up front, Diene in the back and Bellona/Lorina as my dps as my primary team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
How does C Doms passive work? Will her attack clear the dmg buff or will it continue to build afterwards?

Her attack will use up her passive stacks. If you want to try for those 100k+ hits, you have to skip her turn with arky a couple times and build up 10+ stacks but that's just for fun.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So, I fell asleep, and when I woke up, Tieria was nerfed all to shit. No more def break = now she's very meh. Think I'll replace her with ML Cartuja at this point, since he seems pretty useful with the stun. Is this as good an idea as it sounds or am I wasting my time?

The attack buff gives +50% attack, and it's not like FFBE where its only base attack--it gives +attack to both gear and base. Which means two DPS, effectively become 3 (Minus whatever utility the third DPS brought.) So by having her in group, you're not really surrendering the slot for a DPS. Plus, she brings a 30% HP shield, which is massive--its as much as what most healers heal for and thanks to her speed she can keep both her buffs up without interruption on most DPS. As others have said, when combined with an artifact (Most of the healer ones are amazing) and her own small DPS, she's just a ridiculously efficient slot choice. (And the reduced crit buff is very powerful in Arena and even PvE, crits on the raid are a huge pain.)

I don't have her, I wish I did. There are very few cases where she isn't the best.

ML Cartuja is really good, and I think he'll be a beast with Violet especially. But if you just want a defense break, Falconer Kluri, thanks to her Combat Readiness runes and extra turn runs, can usually keep up def break more consistently, but the trade off is she deals a lot less damage (She's pretty much support. But its support with a provoke, def break, and dispel.)

Last edited:

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
The attack buff gives +50% attack, and it's not like FFBE where its only base attack--it gives +attack to both gear and base. Which means two DPS, effectively become 3 (Minus whatever utility the third DPS brought.) So by having her in group, you're not really surrendering the slot for a DPS. Plus, she brings a 30% HP shield, which is massive--its as much as what most healers heal for and thanks to her speed she can keep both her buffs up without interruption on most DPS. As others have said, when combined with an artifact (Most of the healer ones are amazing) and her own small DPS, she's just a ridiculously efficient slot choice. (And the reduced crit buff is very powerful in Arena and even PvE, crits on the raid are a huge pain.)

I don't have her, I wish I did. There are very few cases where she isn't the best.

ML Cartuja is really good, and I think he'll be a beast with Violet especially. But if you just want a defense break, Falconer Kluri, thanks to her Combat Readiness runes and extra turn runs, can usually keep up def break more consistently, but the trade off is she deals a lot less damage (She's pretty much support. But its support with a provoke, def break, and dispel.)

Yeah, I'm working on switching to Diene now, will be a bit before I can invest enough in her to pull it off. Slowly but surely.

ML Cartuja is a beast, especially with his 3rd upgrade, which adds def break to his already useful stun, so I think this switch will definitely pay off. My only problem at this point is I'm stubborn and I refuse to drop Cecilia, even though she's essentially dead weight at this point and replacing her with Angelica would be a good call. She still takes MVP in half my PvE encounters, though, so I think she's worth keeping around at this point, despite the number of spares I unknowingly wasted on imprinting instead of getting her to 6* (goddamn, I'll never live that down).

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So here's where I'm at currently

6* Bellona
5* Ravi, ML Cart, Baal & Sezan, Surin, Achates, Tenebria, Basar
4* Coli, Schuri, Maya, Zerato, Armin, Silk, Kiris, Elson, Roozid

Basically, I'm in the low 40's in abyss running Ravi/ML Cart/Achates/Bellona and seem to have hit a wall. I don't think it's because I'm too low level really (Bellona 56, rest 50's)... my dps just hit a wall. I have def break on a ton of characters but don't think I have any really good dps characters. I'm thinking to maybe switch Ravi out or ML Cart and going full tanky with Armin, or switching one out for a pure dps?? ML Cart seems good but does really poor dps. Bellona is my MVP by some distance as her dps is pretty good and def breaks almost every group. Any thoughts on a general pve team with what I have?

Molten Core Raider
Any thoughts on a general pve team with what I have?

Lorina. Drop Ravi for her and grind her specialty change and you will have one of, if not the, best dps units in the game. She's technically free (earned via the Lobby), is a dark dps so she has no elemental disadvantages, and hits like a truck. Paired with Bellona and her constant def down debuffs she will wreck stuff. Granted she's a single target dps, but so is Ravi for the most part (I dont consider one attack every 5 turns or so qualifies someone as an aoe character :p )

Make no mistake, it's work to get her specialty done, but as long as you're grinding other things like catalysts or these side stories it will go pretty quick.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So here's where I'm at currently

6* Bellona
5* Ravi, ML Cart, Baal & Sezan, Surin, Achates, Tenebria, Basar
4* Coli, Schuri, Maya, Zerato, Armin, Silk, Kiris, Elson, Roozid

Basically, I'm in the low 40's in abyss running Ravi/ML Cart/Achates/Bellona and seem to have hit a wall. I don't think it's because I'm too low level really (Bellona 56, rest 50's)... my dps just hit a wall. I have def break on a ton of characters but don't think I have any really good dps characters. I'm thinking to maybe switch Ravi out or ML Cart and going full tanky with Armin, or switching one out for a pure dps?? ML Cart seems good but does really poor dps. Bellona is my MVP by some distance as her dps is pretty good and def breaks almost every group. Any thoughts on a general pve team with what I have?

Lorina is a good choice, as Nyx said. Of your list though, there are a lot of powerful choices there. But a lot of overlap with Bellona (Essentially you'd build them when you're fighting fire mobs), like Ball and Sezan. Unforunately one of the most important things to farm is the Wyvren, which is fire. A lot of them, like Surin, are ridiculously strong but only if the whole comp is built around them. So it depends, you can't really go wrong with most of your 5 stars, but if you're not flexible in building comps, then Archates is Lorina would be great choices, just because they work no matter what.

That said, IF you have a lot of crit+speed gear (And you need a lot, you need at least 80% crit, preferably 100% and 175+ speed.) Schuri is probably the most beast in that group, simply because he drops the bar down on how much gear you need for most high end targets. With about 10 Molgora, plus a crit suit--he'll make it so your party takes turns about 20% faster, its a massive buff in damage and support for everyone (Plus he does respectable damage himself). If you have the ranger artifact that puts a target up for +15% damage, he's even better--he makes forming a wyveren team super, super easy, since he all but ensures a debuff himself and will push even your slower DPS up so they can put their debuffs up.

But again, that's if you have a lot of gear.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Think I got too shitty gear for Challenger Dominiel so I'll have to wait for some crit dmg gear. But I did get Aramintha today so I will probably build her instead with the gear I got left over.

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
Really feeling like I'm hurting for gold constantly as of late. Anyone got tips for farming? Just wondering if I have overlooked some methods to build up the bank.

Molten Core Raider
Gold is huge pain. Make sure you're in a guild that has the buffs running constantly would be my first suggestion. I also drop the 10 bucks on the monthly gold drop booster that gives 70 energy per day as well. From there, I just grind out stuff. I spent a a few days farming Dragon's Wrath catalysts and ended up with a few million. Catalyst farming usually comes with a bunch of 2* unit drops you can transmit as well as trash gear drops you can sell. Hunts arent bad for money either, with the monthly gold booster and the guild buffs a rank 9 hunt is over 17k gold per clear.

Other options:
You can spend a bunch of stigma on making insta-penguins then transmit those for a quick bit of gold.
Spend skystones to straight out buy gold (not really recommended)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Really feeling like I'm hurting for gold constantly as of late. Anyone got tips for farming? Just wondering if I have overlooked some methods to build up the bank.

Yeah, as Nyx said, there really is no answer. Gold and fodder seem to be somewhat under-turned compared to other resources. I usually grind Wyveren or Runes, level 9/10 gives you 16-17k gold for 12 energy. Its the most efficient I've seen.

Aazrael

How do you people even farm Wyvern 10? I get one shotted at 9 by the wyvern. Is it the gear that sucks for me?

He does his AoE and they all die.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
How do you people even farm Wyvern 10? I get one shotted at 9 by the wyvern. Is it the gear that sucks for me?

He does his AoE and they all die.

You need to keep 2 debuffs up on him. Right now I use Schuri (He is pretty much the ultimate Wyveren unit, especially if you have the Stars artifact that puts the target up. Even without it he's really good because you can build him for speed and he will push your other units ahead so they can go before Wyveren.) But pretty much Schuri with that Artifact, Kluri (Full kitted out she can keep her def debuff up nearly 100%). And Sez, not only because he does a ton of damage to a fire target, but also his anti-healing debuff counts as one of the two debuffs you need and it has a 100% application rate.

All of your units that do debuffs need 50% effectiveness to make the applications happen consistently. Most of my ring slots are effectiveness for this reason, its a big loss to attack but worth it for Wyv farming (Except Sez, got lucky with his sub stats, he naturally has a lot of effectiveness.) Kluri is also valuable on it not just for her debuff, but also because you can toss that 15% damage transfer artifact on her and it makes surviving the two bolt when you get unlucky A LOT easier. (Its not a problem if it hits your healer or Kluri, but the artifact will make it so even your DPS can survive if they are geared enough. I'm hoping, eventually, to have it so my DPS can survive without--as Kluri with the lance that hastes her when someone else is hit is a lot better IMO, if she's in the back slot and your healer is tanking, it makes her go ridiculously fast combined with her normal haste effects.)

Right now with the above set up, I have a 100% rate on Wyv 9 auto, and about a 70% rate on 10 (Every once in a while, the Wyv will target Schuri right off the bat and because Wyv 10 is still too fast for Schuri to go first, I just need to tank the damage. He can survive thanks to Kluri if he's full life but sometimes and he'll still have some damage left, and that will be a death. I'm hoping I can get his speed up enough soon to make it so I do what I do on Wyv 9, which is have Schuri go first, crit and so the rest of the group will be able to go before Wyv, which makes it a lot easier since the two debuffs get put up and there is no danger of bad targetting.)

But yeah, Schuri is the lynch pin for me. at 180+ Speed and 100% crit he can make most teams work in Wyv 9, especially if you have that Stars artifact. But again, even without it, he makes a lot of compositions possible. If you don't have him, Wanda is also REALLY good since she puts up the target debuff automatically (Build her for a lot of speed so she goes first, she'll toss the target debuff up and you're halfway there getting the Wyv locked down. Along with a very fast Kluri, you should be able to prevent he double attack.)

If its the AE that is getting you, its just a DPS thing. You need to make sure the armor debuff goes up AFTER the shield, since the shield cleanses the debuff. (You really want the debuff up after the shield, since Wyv's turn is slower and you can deal a shit ton of damage with the debuff up). Right now I'm building the Taraner Guard up specifically for this, I might eventually replace Kluri with him, since with double attack and his S1 built up, he'll have a 75% debuff application chance and usually he'll go pretty quick to keep it applied, I think he'll have a higher uptime even than Kluri, and since he's a water DPS, he'll do decent damage.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
Think they're releasing guild wars this week? Wonder how they will work. Another nice looking change is getting penguins and phantasma from friend summons. I have almost 15k of those things just sitting around.

Molten Core Raider
Guild wars are being added in the maintenance that's happening right now actually. The patch notes detail how it works. It looks like a good time. According to the notes the first guild wars look to be on Friday with tomorrow being the prep day.