Epic Seven

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Think I might be doing something wrong with some units. Like C. Dominiel, my Karin does not do much dmg. She got 100% crit now and she does like 2k dmg when Kise crits for 6k+, granted Karin is only lvl 50 and Kise is 60. Will the last 10 levels do that much of a difference?

When I tried C Dom she didnt do any dmg either, was better using Aramintha.

As Nyx said, Karin won't hit very hard per hit--but she hits a lot if she's set up right.

Also, something that hasn't been mentioned. The Joker artifact is better DPS wise than any other artifact on Wyv. Karin it might be iffy on since R/L might give you better uptime on Def break, but in general, Joker is superior. The testing shows the 3% damage is affected by crit, defense down and conditional mods (So if you have target debuff up, it will do 15% more damage. It also gets the ice damage boost on Wyv 11 if its on an ice character.)

Wyv 11 has 140k HP--so Joker fully buffed does 4.2k per hit (5k or so for ice characters before armor). It's only eclipsed by dual attack artifacts when the unit has like 4k attack. So if you need a boost of damage, a fully leveled Joker on a fast attack ice character makes the fight a lot easier.

I haven't run the numbers but even on Karin I assume it does more damage for this one fight (Because its affected by crit), the only consideration, again, is the armor debuff. (So it might be a team loss even if its a gain for her). But overall, get another fast attacker, slap joker on and you'll chop him up. (Or even a slow attacker, really. But it works best with a high crit rate, quick attacker, since its fixed damage.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
joker artifact is indeed rly nice and cheap. But nother artifact that hit like a truck is ulberius(sp)'s tooth. On my ma ken, ive seen as high as a 24k dmg proc from it (procced from a join atk). Maxed is a 100% proc on crit, but it only work with certain characters (dont work on aoe atk).

Dunno how it compare with other artifact in the long run, and if u dont have high crit charl, is prob not worth the investement.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Does the 1-1 Labyrinth vendor still give the discount MolaGoraGo? Sitting in like 20 MolaGora and the last 8-10 times I’ve been to the vendor he hasn’t had any in stock.

Molten Core Raider
He does, it's just stupid rare to find him selling it. Ive broken down and gotten my last few from the goblin. I hate using 5 instead of 4, but, I get the stupid thing instead of having to wait until rng is kind.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Got Luna after 40ish summons, got like 7 4stars (Armin and rin among the noteworthy) and a shitty basket dupe.

Had to open wallet. 😂

Molten Core Raider
Same, took me close to 80 summons to get her. Got a 5* artifact and a few 4*s but nothing major. Got Luna so Im good to go for a while. Only real thing Im missing is an Uberius' Tooth and Im hoping that hits the artifact shop when the items rotate next.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Got her after 15 pulls. Never been so lucky, lol. She's my 4th 5 star now, I guess those weeks of strike outs were for something. Pretty happy. Only thing that sucks is I just got done gearing up my Karin, and cannibalizing her equipment is the best bet for gearing Luna. Makes me sad, really like Karin--but there is a lot of overlap in their kits. (Luna, on average, seems like she'll reset her armor debuff every 4 turns, so she'll have a 50% uptime, probably just slightly below Karin if Karin is using R/L or Devil, but Luna has the advantage of not needing a crit and application using element advantage.)

• 1WTF

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
Oof took me 80 pulls, got a ton of 3's and 4's tho and Guider Aither from ensuing ML summon. SSS'd Kluri and Kiris also which is nice I guess. And now to try and summon it on second account.

Aazrael

Same, took me close to 80 summons to get her. Got a 5* artifact and a few 4*s but nothing major. Got Luna so Im good to go for a while. Only real thing Im missing is an Uberius' Tooth and Im hoping that hits the artifact shop when the items rotate next.
I was lucky and got the tooth last month, it is really good. But would like R and L myself for Kise. Dust devil is ok for now though. Any way to know when dust store changes?

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
i got mine too, togheter with ravi rin dingo coli and couple of 5 star artifact (but not any i needed.... damn you sigurd's scythe wru!). Still i think i summoned her when it was about 5 pulls from guarateed drop... grrr.

How are u guys gonna build her and what artifact? everything she has is single target so uberius tooth seem nice, and withthe self crit buff, i think id go Crit dmg set and maybe unity for more joint atk and uberious procs?

Molten Core Raider
Ive never managed to pull an Uberius tooth so Im kinda in the same spot with Luna that I was with Lorina, no idea which artifact to use. I've been using a Hell Cutter which is far from ideal but it's the best I could manage.

As for gear on Luna, there was a reddit post last week I think it was where a guy did way more math than Im willing to do for a mobile game and figured up optimal dps sets for Luna, Lorina, Bellona, and Sez. His results seemed to come back saying that a Rage/Crit set offered more overall damage than any of the other set combinations. A rage set is more of a longer-term goal since it only comes from the raid and even then seems to be on the rarer side of things (at least for me). I can field a rage set for Luna right now but it's not the best. The helm is epic quality, ilvl 67 from the Queen, the rest is purple ilvl 60 stuff. Im not done enhancing it yet so I dunno if it's gonna be better in the long run or if I should just steal the abyss set off Lorina.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah rage set is a no for me, have some pieces, but not good enuff to gear her up. Abyss set is used my my ma ken atm, i cant take it from him till i get sigurd scythe for the healing. So my choices are between crit dmg or Atk for the 4 set bonus, and for the 2 is either health/crit or unity.

Aazrael

When I was trying Karin and had her at 100+% critical she still missed crits on elemental disadvantage, how does that work? A set penalty for wrong element?

Molten Core Raider
Blatantly stolen from a guide I saw on reddit:

Elemental Advantage :
  • Bonus 15% critical chance
  • Deal 10% more damage
  • 75% chance for Crushing Hit
Elemental Disadvantage :
  • Critical chance reduced by 15%
  • 25% chance for Crushing Hit
  • 50% chance for Miss Hit

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm about 20 pulls from the free Luna, and I'm ashamed to admit I dropped some cash.. Ha. I'll probably end up pulling her before the banner ends - managed to pull like 4 5* artifacts, a handful of 4* artifacts and a Clarissa though so not a total waste.

• 1Like

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Now that ive got a few dozen summons under my belt, im starting to wonder which units to prioritize.

5* Sez and Chloe

4* Armin, Clarissa, Achates, Romann

3* Kiris, Mistychain

Should I try to get a 6* first or should I bring a team up to 5*?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Now that ive got a few dozen summons under my belt, im starting to wonder which units to prioritize.

5* Sez and Chloe

4* Armin, Clarissa, Achates, Romann

3* Kiris, Mistychain

Should I try to get a 6* first or should I bring a team up to 5*?

I'd 5 star a team first, to complete the story and be able to do the side stories--side stories provide a lot of useful stuff, so you want to farm them asap before they end. Then 6 star Sez--he's less useful Endgame than Chloe, I think (Not by a huge amount, he's still really good--bt Chloe's magical nail is awesome, especially on Wyveren) but he's a beast with farming and he will make the rest of your 6 stars go much, much faster.

If you don't have a defense breaker, though. Doing Clarissa instead of Sez for your first 6 star is viable. She farms almost as well as he does, and she can serve as a defense breaker in groups (Though she does less damage overall in high end content since she sometimes can't score kills to fuel her enrage.)

Last edited:

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
tamarine is rly RLY good after the patch. I've changed her speed set for a 3x hp set, and equipped with a celestine artifact. Am thorned between that and shimandra(sp) staff, but ya, since the switch to a full hp equip she survive much better and she so awesome in proccing my ken when in idol form, used in raid with angelica ken and bellona and ive steamrolled it easily (both healers at 50, dps and ken at 60).

My next 6s will be angelica and luna, and then prolly tam or falconer kluri (or cecilia).

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya Tam seems much improved, she's still pretty frail but her heals are very very good now.

Finally pulled Luna and will 6* her today probably... She seems pretty beastly if paired with dual attackers. Run her in general pve stuff (lab/abyss/wyvern 9 etc) and with Bellona w/ Rosa Hargana she resets her S3 pretty frequently and at level 44 is already my second highest dps after Bellona (RIP CIDD THE KID). Have pretty shitty gear on her as well and using joker as I don't have a tooth to give her