Epic Seven

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just because Luna is in the game, I don't think Commander Lorina is obsolete by any means. I use my Lorina a lot, especially in things like Raid/Lab (Great Morale Teams), Abyss, and she's even decent in arena/gw.

Lorina imo is flat out better than Luna. Luna is obviously amazing for things like w11, but Lorina's damage output is pretty insane because of her CR gain on attack. Her ability to reduce CR with her S3 is also great and she hits really hard if you invest into her. I use her more than Luna, and might even +15 her one day because she scales so well with gear due to her s2.

I don't regret building her, and still recommend building her today....especially with all the mola rebalancing it doesn't feel as bad to build into a 3*....especially a SC'd one.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I dont think Momo is a replacement for Angelica in this fight. She might could replace Tama, but dunno if that's worth it. You almost have to have immunity of some sort for at least a portion of that final 50%, there's just too many debuffs flying around to reactively cleanse them and survive.

If built right she's pretty insane in how much she can strip. Her being over 100% effect resist is key, because it makes everything else work. Her S2 removes one debuff from everyone, but there's a 25% it will remove 2. If she's not debuffed (Which she'll be immune if she's over 100%), there is a 50% the 2 turn cool down will reset. Many turns you'll be able to do this group cleanse every turn. On turns you can't, you can use her S3 to give immunity and remove more debuffs and she gets half of next turn removed. Plus where she'll be immune to debuffs, potion vial will cleanse someone else every turn.

The key to her really is in her ridiculously short cool downs. She's like having a potion vial, except it removes one from each group member. (And over time, she does end up removing one debuff every turn with the resets and extra removal taken into account).

Only caveat for me is she does need a good amount of gear. Either a really nice effect resist ring, and almost no ER on the base gear, or ER on the base gear so you can use a beefy armor/health ring (Armor actually works well on her since she'll be immune to def break).

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Fuck yes.

Screenshot_20190706-050157.png

Montmorancy was only 58 but I figured I'd give it a shot to see how things go and won on the first try. RNG seemed to favor me a bit more this time.

ML pulls were Hurado and Rikoris, meh.

Molten Core Raider
Stupid maintenance fubar'd our guild war yesterday. We were up against the #2 guild and missed a ton of attacks due to the maintenance running so late. We were always gonna lose, but maybe not by quite so much :p

I am happy with the mola refund though, get to finish off a unit or two now

turbo

Molten Core Raider
For anyone doing Tower 100; finally sat down today to try it after an hour on day 1. Took a few different iterations, few million gold in doing full gear swaps for various combos but settled on one that worked pretty solid.

Krau - No mola; ~26k HP w/Aurius, slow - S3 anytime < 16k HP, don't S2
Destina - No mola; 20k HP ~185 speed w/ Idol Cheer, push isera w/ S2 anytime Iseria's S2 is down to cycle faster, other then that heal bot
TAM - Maxxed S2/S3 mola, 16.5k HP ~ i think like 205 speed or something w/ Idol cheer, don't transform unless no other option. Only time I suggest is if last ditch dispel near end
Iseria - + 12 Mola, abit of a werid hybrid build but 214 speed, 55 eff, 100% crit with low 200 crit dam and like 2400 attack i think and 13k HP. Extra damage is nice when its broke but her main goal is to reset Krau's S3 and specific dispels + def break. Ran her w/ Song

Key points to victory;
1) Build 3 focus during first battle
2) Use S1 heal burns on 2 healers as needed, need to pay attention to CR levels etc becaus you want to be getting Krau's S3 out as often as possible especially when Iseria resets are waiting.
3) Don't dispel any buffs with Iseria except Greater Attack, you should be able to handle all other buffs but Greater Attack will most likely wipe you when she is < 50% even with Aurius. If you get resisted on greater attack thats the only time i'd suggest busting out TAM's S3
4) Heals are pretty plentiful so keep pushing Iseria w/ Destina S2 if you need dispel or to get Krau's S3 up.
5) Don't sit on Krau's S3 too long, better to drop 12-15k and cycle then waiting for the 20k+ bombs
6) Be very careful going into < 50%, if bad luck on buffs and she gets speed + greater attack you can get heavily lapped depending on skill rotation she is on and get rolled by her S3 ult

Took me ~ 8-9 trys with above team comp, I had it beat using Rod instead and w/Shim staff and just had horrible RNG on dispels so you don't need double Idol Cheers. I just used a 2nd the extra healing wasn't really doing much and actually pushing Krau to high to often. If def break and high level of focus dont be afraid to burn Iseria's S1...i have max mola in S1 but even with hybrid build debuffed i was hitting for 5-7k at times which is pretty solid.

Had 3 fights in a row < 15% and she got greater attack and iseria with plenty of eff fucing resisted on her dispel so was not a happy camper.

So definitely doable with no ML's and not fully vested mola teams but its a fucking cunt. Not sure how i'd approach it without ML Ten, ML C Armin, Krau, Dark Corv, Iseria as you need some insane burn preferably not on a squishy dps and ability to cycle it. Probably can get a way with replacing TAM/Destina with Lots as a healer for 2nd healer in case you don't have and just push Iseria.

Will see when my wife makes it there on her account (she just hit 95 and was fucking throwing shit lol); she has C.Armin which can help great but not sure who she is going to use as dps since no Krau/ML corv/ML Tene. Lorina has a few unique aspects about her that makes her a good stand in but she doesn't have her up either. I tried to make Cerm work but you can't use S2 without popping a barrier on him.

If they give us future content that doesnt have the stupid not being able to buff crap but similar challenge else where with super high def and no max hp abilities Cerm is going to be a top end damage dealer combined with Iseria. Super cycling Cerm's S2/S3 in combination with greater attack buff, 50% penetration, target + def debuff, and occasional SB has to be top damage rotation in game with equally geared characters on high def targets. Maybe baiken/sigret bleed stacking but can't do much of that when dispels are frequent.

I maxed Cerm's S3 today for future; have her super slow and would run with double idol cheers to keep rotations up. With 4500-5k attack before buffs; i think border coin has potentially to be really useful on her. I have mine at ~ 40.5% attack after 3 uses and its perma which is pretty insane when you stack that + greater attack buff + 50% def pen. Looking forward to getting to use her on new content.

Good luck...thats a bitch fight. Saving my gunther err ML pull for after monday's press conference just incase they give any hints to any tweaks to ML system that they said they are reviewing. Really really would love ML Cecil or Armin on a pull; really struggling to get a consistent def team.

Last edited:

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got booted from the guild I was in. Think I missed a few GWs due to Shadowbringers. :p

Last I read about the tower it was whale territory to get past floor 90. I kinda stopped at 75ish due to not having enough time to play much because FFXIV eating my spare time.

Kinda just doing the dailies and event right now.

Molten Core Raider
95 and higher can be rough if you dont have certain units, but the early 90s aren't too terrible. 96 is the biggest hurdle (besides 100) for most folks.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
If anyone is looking to pick this up, they just gave everyone 2 free random 5 stars, so a good time to reroll.

I've been crazy lucky in this game, almost waiting for something bad to happen. Was thinking as I opened the Freebie "I could really use Krau" and he fucking appeared. Pretty stoked.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nice man...I got Yufine with one of mine so I'm also pretty happy. She was my most wanted unit since release.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Got my 4th charlotte from the freebies, well will fodder it for promotion. Also got Ludwig which I did not have yet. :)

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Ended up with Ken and Aramintha. Neither are dupes, so I'll take it.

Grats.

Ken is probably the unit I use most now outside of Tama, he's pretty fucking awesome. Scales absurdly well with HP. I use a crit neck (Feel this is better than more HP, as it scales all the +HP damage and his damage boost from S3) and just stack HP everywhere (Speed boots though). He keeps up or out does most of my other DPS (After his S3, which the buff has an 80% uptime after Mola) , can armor break and attack debuff and stun and he tanks! (Has 20k HP)

He's just a crazy over tuned unit if built right. He also is easy to work in high morale abyss teams.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Btw, +50% Gold all day today. Weekend will have double runs one day and double crafting items another (Forget which day). But if you guys need gold, Hunts are 45k per run today for 11. Good day to stock up.

Molten Core Raider
So i dunno what is going on with this game. I've never seen game devs completely collapse under the weight of criticism from the minority of their audience before. Gonna have to sit back and watch I guess but I know the debit card is being shelved, no more spending on this game til they get their shit sorted.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I just hope ML Baal doesn't get nerfed too hard. He's the only reason I've been able to hang around at the bottom of challenger in PVP.

Not sure how I feel about adding ML summons to the regular pool. Are they going to get rig of gold stones and galaxy bookmarks altogether or repurpose them?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I just hope ML Baal doesn't get nerfed too hard. He's the only reason I've been able to hang around at the bottom of challenger in PVP.

Not sure how I feel about adding ML summons to the regular pool. Are they going to get rig of gold stones and galaxy bookmarks altogether or repurpose them?

Hah, I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop--I've gotten way, way too lucky in this game. I've only been buying the 5 dollar packs each month, and have been insanely lucky with my Mystic Summons--got ML Ara and Baal with F2P summons. Also got my Ken, Kyron and someone else with them. And, I've gotten a lot of the banner 5 stars I've wanted in 3-4 pulls (I have 1100 bookmarks saved, because I just haven't needed them, I have too many heroes to build as is).

I've literally been nervous to brag about all this good luck because I was superstitious it would fuck me over--I've never even been close to lucky in any Gacha I've played. And the first time I am, the Developers do something unprecedented and fucking destroy the ENTIRE system that makes those units more powerful.

God damn, its almost comical lol.

I'm going to wait to see how it pans out. The ML pool was a good idea IMO, its issue was actually selling Mystic packs and summon's providing stones--if they took away any method to whale for it, and made it so ML summons were purely a reward for in-game accomplishments or victories in GW, the system would have worked much better imo. This could be good for the game overall, but god damn, what a risk to take mid stride--as it could just as easily end up being a total shit show. If they don't refund people who bought Mystic Packs, its going to be worse overall--talk about a bait and switch.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider

Dude, ML Baal and Arbiter Vildred are going to get nerfed into the fucking ground :p

This change may end up pushing me away from this game entirely. I'm not a whale but I've spent a fair amount on this game and been playing since it launched. I'm proud of the units I have, rng was nice in some instances, not so nice in others (Thanks for the SSS Requiemroar...) but to completely remove systems that you've been charging people big money for, taking away the rarity and strength of units that people have been chasing is bonkers. All because of the vocal minority and their insane levels of butthurt. Some ML 5*s needed to be balanced, but not this...

• 1Like

Aazrael

Dude, ML Baal and Arbiter Vildred are going to get nerfed into the fucking ground :p

This change may end up pushing me away from this game entirely. I'm not a whale but I've spent a fair amount on this game and been playing since it launched. I'm proud of the units I have, rng was nice in some instances, not so nice in others (Thanks for the SSS Requiemroar...) but to completely remove systems that you've been charging people big money for, taking away the rarity and strength of units that people have been chasing is bonkers. All because of the vocal minority and their insane levels of butthurt. Some ML 5*s needed to be balanced, but not this...
Yea it seems pretty drastic. They should just have removed mystic summon and maybe remove 3star MLs. I got like 4 Lorinas and many other dupes from ML. I only have 1 ML 5star which is ML Cecilia.

With playing FFXIV I'm not playing E7 much, doing a few dailies to fill the event quests and thats it. I did clear Abyss and stopped at floor 90 in tower.

Got most of my 5 stars from free covenant summons and got most of the ones I want. I dont really care about PVP so not missing the OP units thats needed there. I only enjoy PVE in this game.