Epic Seven

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Couple of currency questions:
Ancient Coins - Should I just hold on to them until I need to buy charms, or should I be buying the malicious bug charm every week for when I am able to do the hard raid?
Conquest Points - Obviously Mola seed, but after that should I just save for the season equipment? Problem is I don't have any of the crests since my account level isn't high enough so I can't get the determination season ones (which seem good).
Silver transmit stones - I've been buying the mola and giga-phantasma, and one of the Ego Fragments. Other than that, there's the artifact and accessory charms but I'd probably just wait until I need them to buy
Brave Crest - Have been buying the Labyrinth compass and the mola seed. Slowly growing, so might end up getting Tera-Phantasm as well or roll the dice with catalyst chest.
Commander's Armband - Honestly nothing seems worth it given how slow they accumulate. 1 gold stone for 600 seems steep considering I still dont even have that many yet, and the artifact price isn't bad at all but its an artifact I have no use for.

Ancients, just hold. You get a free bug charm from beating regular lab and they changed hell raid so you won't need extra ones I don't think (Might need one but it will be easy enough to buy then, think you can also now get them with lab entry currency).

Conquest--I prioritize two things. The unkown slate (This works as an imprint. Toss it on 5 stars with good imprint bonuses. One is available every season so you can even SSS moonlights long term) and then, yeah, equipment. You'll get crests at the end of every week if you do even average amounts of arena, once your account is high enough. The crests are more of a time gate than an actual reward.

Silver Transmits I grab Mola and the big artifact charm with and then depending on need I do ego fragment or the equipment conversion gem. But this really depends on what you're working on.

Brave Crest--at first I only did Mola and yeah, compass and eventually the Terra when I had enough every month.

Commander's Arm Band---You'll get a lot more of these when you start doing guild wars and the guild "boss hunt". Its still slow, but you'll comfortably be able to buy the gold stone and then the equipment conversion (Shouldn't worry about the latter for a while, as equipment conversion is a resource hog that's only needed when you start junking even 'decent' drops). The artifact is good for PvP, so its niche--I'd try for the gold stone when you can and as said, eventually you'll get enough to get everything.
Gearing out A.Montmo - I was going for Speed/Health for the set bonus, is that good? After using her a bit, with mag tome and her S3 she has a good amount of CR boost built in so I'm not sure how useful the speed set is.
3* Heroes - I've been just building up imprint level with duplicate copies even if I don't plan on using them, but some of them are already SSS now. Is it safe to just transmit them for the silver transmit stones?

Speed is great on her, her kit works really, really well with speed because she tends to heal small amounts but very consistently, as well as remove small amounts of debuffs but also consistently--so you want her going as much as possible to keep her cleanses/heals flowing. Also because she'll have super high effect resist eventually you don't usually have to worry about her burning her buffs too fast. Mine is in a speed set with high health and effect resist rolls.

For heroes you've already built SSSs off, what you'll want to do is start another SSS (Aside from your main copy). Once the second copy also hits SSS, transmit it. This will do two things for you. You'll get a special achievement that gives like 26 bookmarks per so many SSS heroes (Its a shit ton) and you'll get 8 silver transmit stones for the SSS hero. So save your copies, and just build more SSS versions, then transmit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Couple of currency questions:
Ancient Coins - Should I just hold on to them until I need to buy charms, or should I be buying the malicious bug charm every week for when I am able to do the hard raid?
Conquest Points - Obviously Mola seed, but after that should I just save for the season equipment? Problem is I don't have any of the crests since my account level isn't high enough so I can't get the determination season ones (which seem good).
Silver transmit stones - I've been buying the mola and giga-phantasma, and one of the Ego Fragments. Other than that, there's the artifact and accessory charms but I'd probably just wait until I need them to buy
Brave Crest - Have been buying the Labyrinth compass and the mola seed. Slowly growing, so might end up getting Tera-Phantasm as well or roll the dice with catalyst chest.
Commander's Armband - Honestly nothing seems worth it given how slow they accumulate. 1 gold stone for 600 seems steep considering I still dont even have that many yet, and the artifact price isn't bad at all but its an artifact I have no use for.

General Questions:
Gearing out A.Montmo - I was going for Speed/Health for the set bonus, is that good? After using her a bit, with mag tome and her S3 she has a good amount of CR boost built in so I'm not sure how useful the speed set is.
3* Heroes - I've been just building up imprint level with duplicate copies even if I don't plan on using them, but some of them are already SSS now. Is it safe to just transmit them for the silver transmit stones?

For ancient coins, I generally recommend saving onto them. You can buy bum raid token, but I wouldn't recommend stopping up. You should accrue them naturally throughout the week thru missions. I get enough to buy one a week. The old convention was to buy some accessories to fill out the spots, but gearing may be easier now.
Conquest points - You definitely save for the season equipment. I'm not sure but you might be able to buy the older ones.
Silver transmits - you can eventually stop buying ego fragment and gigs. I personally buy the equipment conversion gem selection quest when I have extra transits
Brave crest - I buy the terra, mola. I haven't been buying the lab tokens, but I only clear 2 bosses and queen for hell raid token.
Commander's Armband - I buy the gold transmit, super rare currency that leads to ML pulls.

A. Momo - speed + either HP or immunity (for PvP purposes). The only thing is to make sure you get A. Momo above 100% eff res to get that passive CR push chance. I go hp main stat on neck/ring, and speed main stat on boots. Yeah, after SSS, I dump them for transmits.

The other new person tip is to really focus on a small core of characters that can ideally do multiple jobs. Getting new characters is fun and its a new shiny, but then you are spending your time gathering up resources, leveling, and a desire to drop molas into them. As you start off, you can consider rolling on decent gear, but soon enough I really recommend becoming strict on what you choose to try to upgrade. Money is a big sink in this game and you'll never feel like you have enough. Try to avoid rolling on questionable gear once you get a basic setup. You can start using money on trying to get pets setup which can be a decent boost for your W11 farming.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Thanks for all of the help btw. If there are any tips or tricks or anything else you can think of definitely let us know. I've been using your A.Coli for a lot of the higher world stages, finally beat 10-10. Episode 2 is definitely a bit tougher. Going to work on building my team up a bit more and then make a push in auto tower before it resets. Unfortunately the extra Molas are at 90 which seems unlikely, but stage 80 has some gold transmit stones that would be nice.

Heh, yeah, my A-coli has all my best gear, I just like her character design. She's a beast. I'll try to make sure I keep the double attack s1 artifact on her, as it makes her really strong in PvE. Let me know if you could use a specific character for a stage, if I have them I'll toss them up.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Btw, Ritley Ritley and Pancreas Pancreas I forgot to mention, make sure you guys try and do the little banner events. Its a weird thing in this game, so its easy to miss. But they run little web-page banner events and give a ton of energy/gold through them. To access it, just click the banner in the lobby (Yuna's vending machine is the current one).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’ve been doing that this event, but definitely missed quite a few of the last one.

Just got Ludwig, he any good? Trying for Vivian now.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I’ve been doing that this event, but definitely missed quite a few of the last one.

Ludwig is amazing in PvP, but he's very niche. You need a specific team and set up. He's okay in other content (He can form a Banshee one shot team--which is really useful). He's the kind of character that should only be built on a mature account, he's just too specific--but where he shines, he's good.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ludwig is amazing in PvP, but he's very niche. You need a specific team and set up. He's okay in other content (He can form a Banshee one shot team--which is really useful). He's the kind of character that should only be built on a mature account, he's just too specific--but where he shines, he's good.
That’s kinda what I guessed when I searched for him and all I could find was him wrecking hunts with a specific team built around him (Vivian being one)

Aevian

If you haven't started yet, I would recommend saving your BMs. I haven't heard details, but there is a collab soon that may have a very limited character. Vivian is decent, I have her but she doesn't really find spots on my teams for anything each very specific RTA counter picks. I use other stuff for banshee and there's other sources of immunity.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
If you haven't started yet, I would recommend saving your BMs. I haven't heard details, but there is a collab soon that may have a very limited character. Vivian is decent, I have her but she doesn't really find spots on my teams for anything each very specific RTA counter picks. I use other stuff for banshee and there's other sources of immunity.
I have some but not a lot, haven’t really gotten to the point of saving for banners yet.

Unrelated, grinding for runes for montmo skill tree sucks wang. Wish it would let me use all of these epic runes I have.

Aevian

I have some but not a lot, haven’t really gotten to the point of saving for banners yet.

Unrelated, grinding for runes for montmo skill tree sucks wang. Wish it would let me use all of these epic runes I have.

There is a bonus event this weekend that has extra drops, you can save energy for that. I forget which day it is. There are some pets that help with rune drops as well.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
There is a bonus event this weekend that has extra drops, you can save energy for that. I forget which day it is. There are some pets that help with rune drops as well.

Yeah, just saw that last night. Wish I would have known about this buff event earlier, would have definitely saved some of the catalyst farming i've been doing. I do have a pet that gives a 7.5% chance of getting a couple extra greater runes that i've been using, just rarely triggers. I've still got 50 leif so I'm going to spend some time farming these runes tomorrow when the rune buff is active and try to get most of the skill tree done.

Also just got a Baal and Sezan from my daily login reward 4-5* card, I'm guessing he's one of those comp specific heroes that I should ignore for now.

Aevian

I haven't used Baal and Sez anywhere and haven't really heard of many comps that use him. You could build up on the side, but I would put that way far down your list.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What about Ken, Lorina, and/or cidd? Right now just focusing on heroes for pve. Want to be able to complete auto tower and get wyvern 11 at least.

After I finish farming for runes for montmo I’m going to work up alexa for wyvern. I’m at +25 on montmo skill tree, amazing how much better she is now

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
What about Ken, Lorina, and/or cidd? Right now just focusing on heroes for pve. Want to be able to complete auto tower and get wyvern 11 at least.

After I finish farming for runes for montmo I’m going to work up alexa for wyvern. I’m at +25 on montmo skill tree, amazing how much better she is now

Baal and Sez can make some decent morale comps--but he's honestly not that good.

Ken is extremely good, one of the top PvE heroes. He fits into some decent morale lab teams (Not extreme, if you're just trying to take bosses down? He's one of the strongest, which makes him really good in hell raid), and he's great on golem, abyss, tower ect. Not ideal for Wyv 11 since he shines as a tank taking hits, but good everywhere else. He also can use just about all gear, since he scales off HP--he's very very easy to gear well so he hits like a truck AND can tank.

He also works well as a counter-character in PvP. But he's more niche there (I use him a lot in guild war).

Lorina is amazing. She is like Montmo--even experienced people still use her, crazy strong. I use her in my Lab team still because she's consistently part of the highest Lab morale comps. She probably hits harder than anyone in the game outside of maybe Lulu/Luna and a couple others (But that's all she does, is hit hard--very little utility). I'd absolutely build her, you'll be using her for a long, long time and you don't need molas for her. (You won't find much use for her on the hunts long term.) She's great in Abyss and tower, especially because she does not debuff. So she's one of the few characters that hit hard without applying any debuffs. Like Vivian, this is invaluable in some of the harder PvE fights, because there are punishing mechanics if you debuff or do too many different debuffs. (Its why imo, Vivian is one of the best PvE characters. Lorina is like that--she's just extremely versatile).

Cidd actualy deals a shit ton of damage and he is very consistent in his defense breaks. Like most rogues though, he's fragile, so you need your team to account for that. I don't use him because he doesn't fit well into any high morale Lab comp that I can use. (Like Ken he fits into a bunch of good morale comps though, but he's not near as versatile as Ken.) He's good but he's more niche, I'd save him and see if you have a decent lab or golem team that might be able to use him before you build him.

Last edited:

Qwirb

Id definitely focus on Lorina for pve. Once you finish her spec change, she's one of the best dps for all pve - high morale lab comps, abyss teams, hunts, she's great for it all and easy to gear.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What type of gear for her? Crit damage/crit sets, speed main stat boots; crit damage neck, attack% ring and then the best % stats of attack/crit/crit damage/health and +speed I can get?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
What type of gear for her? Crit damage/crit sets, speed main stat boots; crit damage neck, attack% ring and then the best % stats of attack/crit/crit damage/health and +speed I can get?

I'll be honest, I haven't done the numbers for her specifically, so crit damage might be best. But I use attack% neck on her and an attack set, and then a crit set. I get her up to like 70% crit and then use hell cutter+her concentration bonus (I've swapped to Alencinox’s Wrath recently for more consistent crits--but hell cutter works really well since it adds to attack power and I used to pair her with very quick characters).

Maxed out, she gets +50% attack power, so having really high attack power seems to scale well. In addition, she gets 20% combat readiness with S1, so her turns come fairly quickly even when she's a little slow (Caveat though, I still use speed boots, and the attack gear I used has quite a bit of speed--she still has 160).

She hits like a truck. Maybe crit damage would let her hit for more, especially on mobs vulnerable to %hp damage. But since they began adding so many bosses that were immune to %hp scaling, I just like the consistently of the huge attack power (Plus she clears things ridiculously quick--one shots a lot of Lab content).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Cool, working on her specialty change now.

Also, I’ve had a T. Crozet for awhile now, is he useful later in the game? Seems like he could be pretty helpful keepinga squishier character alive

Qwirb

Cool, working on her specialty change now.

Also, I’ve had a T. Crozet for awhile now, is he useful later in the game? Seems like he could be pretty helpful keepinga squishier character alive

T Crozet is good but is mostly used in pvp. I haven't seen him used much in pve.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I don’t understand gear in this game. You get some level 75 gear during this event and apparently it has the same rolls as level 85 gear. Why can’t the level of the gear just reflect its attribute potential?