EQ Classic? Not really.

piggvomit_sl

shitlord
Secrets- Serious question here... If you were to reach out to Hakari and help with the project how long do you estimate it would take you to open a playable client with minimal bugs? Honest question. For some reason I see this project taking 15 more years since only one developer is working on it now.
Redeem yourself! hah

piggvomit_sl

shitlord
I'm still not sure what people have against Project 1999. It's essentially classic, lots of people play...?
The problem with P99 is that even without velious ( which will be the last expansion) The economy is shit. I guess the economy crashes once guilds like TMO have exploited bugs in the game that have corrupted everything.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Please tell me of all these bugs TMO have exploited. A few members were doing shady shit like poofing during VP training, but on the whole the p99 economy isn't bad off--it's just how you'd expect it to be after 2 and change years in kunark.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
The problem with P99 is that even without velious ( which will be the last expansion) The economy is shit. I guess the economy crashes once guilds like TMO have exploited bugs in the game that have corrupted everything.
As much disdain as I have for uber guilds, and even worse blue uber guilds, the economy of p99 is horrible not due to xpl0itz as much as it is due to being parked at Kunark for like 3 years. Any "Classic" EMU will eventually have a shit economy if they stop at even Velious following a perfect, classic progression.

Tulain_sl

shitlord
P99 has too many bugs because it's a non-classic client trying to be forced into Classic. I still play it since it's the closest Classic experience available and they're at least dedicated to Classic. I want a client that has proper regeneration, visual effects such as skies and spell effects. No animation issues. I'm hoping it'll happen soon. I'm sure it's tough not only getting an old client connected flawlessly to a server but also work efficiently with modern hardware.

piggvomit_sl

shitlord
Please tell me of all these bugs TMO have exploited. A few members were doing shady shit like poofing during VP training, but on the whole the p99 economy isn't bad off--it's just how you'd expect it to be after 2 and change years in kunark.
You are in TMO and still don't know the dumb shit that goes on.- Hows about the fact that they were farming fungi tunics by pulling the fungus king to the sebilis entrance solo. Aquring 150k items and selling them only to buy multiple level 60 characters with epics and placing them at every single raid spawn (buffed) and ready to go. But TMO uses skill not leverage/exploits and currency to stay on top.

The client is fine the problem with all emu is the database because its all contains shit from pop / luclin with thousands of entries which takes a srupid ammount of time to remove and correct

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Iksars aren't classic in the truest sense of the word. Oh well, Kunark is still considered classic.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
You are in TMO and still don't know the dumb shit that goes on.- Hows about the fact that they were farming fungi tunics by pulling the fungus king to the sebilis entrance solo. Aquring 150k items and selling them only to buy multiple level 60 characters with epics and placing them at every single raid spawn (buffed) and ready to go. But TMO uses skill not leverage/exploits and currency to stay on top.
I was in IB. Yeah, everyone who was 60 in the first few months were using hide pulling / invis pulling for like 2 years for fungus king camps. Not even a secret and it was petitioned to the GMs in the first few weeks. The final invis pull nerf finally went in about 9 months ago or so.

edit: gotta admit though, rogues hide+sneak pulling with myrlo gaunts and being the best pullers in kunark (because they could run past everything but see hide mobs, very few until the recent rogue raping on p99) was good times :p

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
^ on P99? up until earlier this year, hide+sneak allowed you to get past pretty much every mob in the game.

Tulain_sl

shitlord
The client is fine the problem with all emu is the database because its all contains shit from pop / luclin with thousands of entries which takes a srupid ammount of time to remove and correct
This is true. I would just disagree that this client is right for this era of EQ. I care a lot about attention to detail though. I don't necessarily believe we need the old UI and water but real classic spells and flawless character animations would be nice. Bards in particular are bugged with instrument playing not seen by others etc. also many animations are played at the wrong speed. When I notice these issues my immersion is disturbed and that's the point really.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
^ on P99? up until earlier this year, hide+sneak allowed you to get past pretty much every mob in the game.
Even better was the hide / sneak bug for non rogues. It's fixed now so no harm--you could invis, then hide/sneak, then start walking. Hide would break via in game message but wouldnt lose the hide effect as long as the sneak effect was still active. The only way to walk out of VP, really
tongue.png
Make's rezzing people in there far worse now ofc.

And it wasn't an issue of hide working well or not. When hide pulling was still working, it was about cancelling your cast if your hide failed. Usually about 1 in 5 hides worked with racial hide, but w/e. It's funny too, cuz when this was going on account sales on p99 were insanely cheap (lot of people gearing up then leaving) so you could pick up an epic'd (hard epic, not rog/clr/shm crap :p) for about 300k. ~ about 3 fungus tunics about a year ago. Such a very low impact camp, too. And very easy duo with a donals :p

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah P99. I seem to remember trying to sneak through various parts of Guk and Sol B and mobs that conned indifferent still fucking saw me. It was a nightmare and in no way guaranteed in my experience.

piggvomit_sl

shitlord
Well isn't this awkward now...

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well isn't this awkward now...
Bahaha, I hang my head in shame
tongue.png
It's funny, too, Internode was a cool guy. Awkward that he was also the ranger botb winner. Spose it's no dif than when IB got de leveled to 54. Turns out Loke was cheating and he was also a good friend. Le sigh.