EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Needless

Toe Sucker
Whenever i log in, C1 is always taken so i log back off
frown.png

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you are not planning on going the progression guild route (TFO), join "Hot Cheetos and Takis". Our bank is stacked with gear and we power level. Everyone in the guild is an officer and can invite you.
Hot Cheetos is great! I joined last week and they are very nice and have been more than willign to help with J5 merc quest and other stuff.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Got the invite for all three characters last night to Hot Cheetos. Now I just need to find a bit more playtime. Do you have to level up the different languages on this server? I noticed on two of my characters the guild chat was all jumbled, but on the third I could read it just fine. Had a blast last night going from 26-37 in a couple hours. Currently I'm in Stone Hive. Should I stay here or move to Goru'Mesa or another location?

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Got the invite for all three characters last night to Hot Cheetos. Now I just need to find a bit more playtime. Do you have to level up the different languages on this server? I noticed on two of my characters the guild chat was all jumbled, but on the third I could read it just fine. Had a blast last night going from 26-37 in a couple hours. Currently I'm in Stone Hive. Should I stay here or move to Goru'Mesa or another location?
If your characters are from FV they will have a language issue. Just group your characters and have the one who speaks common spam a macro in group chat until everyone is at 100.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Avoid Gorukar Mesa and most of the of the Serpent Spine expansion zones (Mesa, Steppes, Ice Fall, Valdeholm). They are way out of balance for their purposed level ranges. Mob have too many HPs and hit too hard.

Blightfire/Stone Hive will take you to your mid 40's and both are great zones without balance issues. From there The Hole can get you into your 50's, all the way up to mid 60's. Once you hit level 70, you can group with level 100's and the power leveling will blow your mind. At 80 you can get J5 Mercs and do House of Thule, which is an amazing expansion. At 85 you can start to group in Rain of Fear zones, get kill quests, and progression.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Powerleveling is indeed crazy as shit now. Playing on FV and in two nights I've gone from 100 aa at level 70 to 1100 aa and level 73 in the cooling chambers place with a friend headshotting dwarves.

darkko_sl

shitlord
OK. I'll stick with Stone Hive and then head to The Hole. Seems like XP flies by no matter where I'm at but just wanted to check. Good to know about the PL'n to because I was reading that things slow down a bunch after 70. Hopefully I can get lucky but I'll worry about that when I get there.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I joined Hot Cheetos today and Kurdun plvled both my characters to 75. Now I need to do some major AA catch up. What's the best place to farm some AAs?

Needless

Toe Sucker
SK swarming is pretty darn good too.. on FV i had some dude swarm some zone and i did 70-80 in 2 pulls lol

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Best place to farm AA is HoT courtyard at level 80. Every 8 kills you get 12 AA from the quest, which is instantly repeatable. The entire guild has farmed hundreds if not thousands of AA there.

Scarhand

Trakanon Raider
I have a level 70ish warrior with 400 or so AA on what used to be (still might be?) The Tribunal. If I were to come back at this point would it be better to just ditch him and start over on FV? Is warrior soloing with mercs viable at all nowadays? I have a second account floating around but not sure if i want to go to the effort of boxing now that I'm a grownup with a job and stuff. (Sure I have the money but the time and physical coordination? Not so much). What I do have atm is a powerful sense of nostalgia for the game so it might be worthwhile for a memory walk if nothing else. Any advice?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
95% of us posting in this thread are on Test, not FV. If you want to play on FV though, no need to abandon any character, just do /servertransfer and you get transfer to FV for free. Same goes for Test with /testcopy, but that is a true copy/paste and not a character transfer.

Warriors can duo with their cleric mercs just fine, but you will be bored. Everyone comes back to the game wanting to solo/molo and do old content... which is fine, but you will burn out fast unless you are in a progression guild with some sort of goals and focus. Modern era EQ content is fun too, most people just never really give it a chance. Grouping is still where EQ really shines. Be social and EQ will be a much more fun and rich experience.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
Powerleveling is indeed crazy as shit now. Playing on FV and in two nights I've gone from 100 aa at level 70 to 1100 aa and level 73 in the cooling chambers place with a friend headshotting dwarves.
Keep in mind, we changed the AA bonus xp quite a bit as a result of the absolute mountain of AA required for a new player to even be relevant at higher levels. This will taper off as you reach higher AA counts.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Anyone got some bard instruments or equipment with modifiers in Hot Cheetos they would be willing to part with? Didn't see any in guild bank.