EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Poin Dexter_sl

shitlord
Well, here goes. Downloading Everquest again. Sometimes I feel like I have the battered wife syndrome when it comes to EQ.

I was thinking of going necro, mage, or wizard this time around. Is this a useful option?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
new xpac in a month will too.
I messed around with the new xpac class at the soe live event I have to say its pretty nifty. The pet is pretty configurable and its a healer base class so nice in groups and the pet made soloing pretty reasonable.

GAAAH ignore that sorry thought I was reading the eq2 thread my bad. Still did get to see the new eq1 xpac at soe live and it also looked really nice and tempts me into trying to fire it up again my nostalgia urges are growing after seeing the eqnext stuff to try to log back into eq1 and 2.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I started playing again too. Necro, bst, SK are the ones I play most. SK is 80 with like 1600 AA now. Necro is pretty cool in that he can do almost the same content as the SK at only 75, but the SK is just so easy. I don't even swarm with him, for example I went through the Bayle's Heraldric Quest chain in Oceangreen Village and now I just rerun all the old blackburrow and a few other tasks because I get like 2AA for the turn in + whatever I get for killing the mobs and I can knock out 5-6 in 30 minutes if I get lucky on named spawns.

Phaint_sl

shitlord
I started playing again too. Necro, bst, SK are the ones I play most. SK is 80 with like 1600 AA now. Necro is pretty cool in that he can do almost the same content as the SK at only 75, but the SK is just so easy. I don't even swarm with him, for example I went through the Bayle's Heraldric Quest chain in Oceangreen Village and now I just rerun all the old blackburrow and a few other tasks because I get like 2AA for the turn in + whatever I get for killing the mobs and I can knock out 5-6 in 30 minutes if I get lucky on named spawns.
Compared to your Necro, do you have an easier job leveling/farming AAs as your SK?

I just came back to the game and played Necro/Bard as my mains back in the day but always wanted a SK.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Sk is awesome as fuck once you're like lvl 71-98ish. I found swarming to be pretty damn fun, nothing like rounding up 170ish lblues in Kaesora Library and killing them all at once. I used to make like 70ish AA in a Lessons burn in maybe my mid 80s when I was still getting AA exp mod.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Anyone playing on Test that would be willing to help me out? I just popped back into the game, and I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. lol

Would be cool to join a guild as well.

ive got a little army of 100s i can help PL yall with. /autojoin rerolled:trannies

i wont be on for most of today as ive got to take a 4hr car trip somewhere, but i should be back on late this evening and tomorrow.

wish there was a progression guild on one of the live servers. everytime im on test it feels so cheap since stuff can just be copied over. where are the non test server peeps at? fennin?

if you mean "cheap" by way of time constraints, youre absolutely right. who the would want to pledge their lives away on fippy when you can come to test, get to 70 and max aa for that level in a night and have a suit of gear given to you. it's for sport and fun.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here I was thinking Ort got abducted by some big American Inventor in New York while out drinking in the gay bars.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Do people even raid on Test? Just curious.

Warriors are still boring as fuck as I just learned. What would be a fun class to fuck around with?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Do people even raid on Test? Just curious.

Warriors are still boring as fuck as I just learned. What would be a fun class to fuck around with?
Two guilds raid on test, The Faceless Order, a progression guild currently in Prophecy of Ro and Legions of Blackburrow, a standard raiding guild currently working on Rain of Fear (current content).

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I was on Tunare back when I played. My characters are missing though. Wonder if they could be restored? Is there a way to contact a GM?

And Jesus Christ, it's been years and they STILL haven't added something to auto-organize spells with.