EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Scarhand

Trakanon Raider
What's the current state of the economy on Test? I'm ramping up some new characters from scratch (once I settle in on my ideal 2 box) and from the few peeks at the bazaar I've taken it doesn't look like there are going to be any cheap lowbie gear available. Do I need to farm every upgrade or is there some hope I'll eventually be able to buy stuff with farmed Plat?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is little, to no economy on Test. The few player vendors you do find there are almost doing it out of charity for the server population. They come and go, and cannot really be relied upon.

You have two options: Transfer the gear you want and need over from FV at the start. Or, you can get by with minimal gear/Defiant drops till you reach about 75+. After that point, you are probably going to need to start farming.

Look at it this way... one of the charms of playing on Test is you pretty much have to gear yourself at some point, unlike FV where you can literally "pay to win".

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Do they still keep a visible list of name changes somewhere? I seem to recall that being a thing.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If anyone wants the Test Copy noober hookup package (gear + bag full of EXP pots), I am going to log into Firionia Vie at 5:30 Mountain time today to do a few transfers for some folks. PM me for details.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
What's the current state of the economy on Test? I'm ramping up some new characters from scratch (once I settle in on my ideal 2 box) and from the few peeks at the bazaar I've taken it doesn't look like there are going to be any cheap lowbie gear available. Do I need to farm every upgrade or is there some hope I'll eventually be able to buy stuff with farmed Plat?
Once you get your boxes right and everything i can toss ya 100k per toon and that will buy every spell till about 85ish with buying some cheap upgrades. If youre still around after 85 I can give ya a few million.

As a necro i didnt need much on the server till 80-85. Then farm house of thule for the armor (or people give them away in general chat)

Shit is either free, nearly free or 1 million pp for something silly. Once you get up in levels just remember to check baz every so often. The only thing I ever bought was ac augs when they were super fucking cheap.

Nylab on the test server. Will be on all night leveling up a wiz since Fight wants to give out some potions and willsappers and a mount!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had no idea a Sr. EQ designer browsed these boards or this thread. I just got a little bit self conscious.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I had no idea a Sr. EQ designer browsed these boards or this thread. I just got a little bit self conscious.
Tell me about it, lol...

Speaking of which, when are you guys releasing the new TLP server, and will it be restricted to Velious as the max expansion?
biggrin.png

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Last night logged into my 53 FV wiz, got most of those level legit through random grouping and socializing. But as it turns out I was missing some gear, then I remembered I borrowed an account with a enchanter on it for clarity etc which I ended up using full time later. If anyone remembers loaning me that enchanter account please PM. Will play more when testcopy works again.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
TFO is now flagged for MMM access.

Here is a video of us killing most of the key mobs for MMM access, Octa, Deepscar, Big Bynn, Spindlecrank, and Clankwrench. A few like Mining Behemoth are missing from this vid.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I love that someone else is making videos, but can we please get better video titles? "The Faceless Order vs Secrets of Faydwer Part 1" or something.