EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
can a bard at all effectively use the caster DPS merc on the AE setting to help him swarm kite?

can a bard at all effectively use the caster DPS merc on the AE setting to help him swarm kite?
using the charm, letting shit beat down, then invising and killing? potentially but you'd probably lose your nice, tight circle with the merc pulling aggro. would be fun to try, i may give it a go later and let ya know!

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I am my own worst enemy. Playing again, despite the lack of desire to box. I'm going to see how far I can get with solo/molo on a Bard and trying to worm my way into groups of boxers or something.

Alasliasolonik, I still have that Scuffed Journeyman's Rucksack and CoS you gave me (let me know if you want em back!).

If anyone does anything, hit me up. Name is Muzaks, bard that is all of level 43.
Still here man! I refuse to play with the chat service all fucked up. I don't give a flying rats ass about general chat on test because of the absolute fucking idiots but when I can't see my friends list/channels and shit... it can just suck a dick.

If youre still using them just keep doing so or send them back, its all good! I will keep playing and testing what I can do but the past two weeks are utter bullshit.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Agreed, this lack of channels (and especially Friends list) is irritating as hell. I can't imagine it could be more than a simple fix, but no surprise if they're in no haste to help us freeloaders on Test.

My bard is up to 51 with 33AA; I'm going to stop at each appropriate point and grind out AA, I think.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Every time the channels are broken on Test I just PM a dev on the soe forums and they fix it pretty quickly. Most of the time they don't even know it's broken but at least they fix it quickly once someone directly informs them.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No. The mobs your are kiting are only agro'd via proximity on the bard, which is why they will assist the pets target and DPS the pet down instead of all continuing to follow you. As soon as the Merc cast on them, any mobs he damaged would be agro on him and not DPS your pet.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
No. The mobs your are kiting are only agro'd via proximity on the bard, which is why they will assist the pets target and DPS the pet down instead of all continuing to follow you. As soon as the Merc cast on them, any mobs he damaged would be agro on him and not DPS your pet.
Where would be some good zones/areas for a bard to swarm kite, and what level range/spell selection/AA's might be needed for it? Until recently my bard knowledge was playing one up to 42 or so on Live in ~2001.

PoD mosquito island was the shit during PoP. So were the razorfiends in PoV at 65. Not sure what would be best now, maybe Bloodfields? I wonder if the 64 charm still has a longer range than most of the charm casts. Bloodfields has a dick ton of mobs and space, so it may be a good spot. Nothing should summon there except for the named

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Every time the channels are broken on Test I just PM a dev on the soe forums and they fix it pretty quickly. Most of the time they don't even know it's broken but at least they fix it quickly once someone directly informs them.
Uni chat on test seems to have been down for days
frown.png

Evernothing

Where would be some good zones/areas for a bard to swarm kite, and what level range/spell selection/AA's might be needed for it? Until recently my bard knowledge was playing one up to 42 or so on Live in ~2001.
In the mid 30s or 40s you can do the red aliens on the platform in Scarlet Desert

50s you can do the black aliens on the hill with the tree in western part of Maiden's Eye

60 - 65 you can do Ravenous Nightstalkes in PoN, or the PoD and PoV mobs mentioned above.

You want a way to instant invis (any kind will work, like invis to animals for example) to make it most effective. It can be done with invis song but the 4 sec cast will slow down your XP and efficiency significantly.

Non-casting, non- summoning, KoS, social agro mobs are what you want to use this kite method on.

As far as spells and AA's you really only need Fading Memories to save your ass if you fuck up (dont use it to drop the charm). And your current charm and DoT songs, and Selo's. Singing Steel Boots, Pegasus Cloak or some way to keep a levi spell on your self is also recommended.

After 64 or 65 the charm songs get reduced range which was a nerf to stop the ability to swarm. It is still doable after that but more dangerous and likely to lead to a lot of death, making it not worth your time.

You want a way to instant invis (any kind will work, like invis to animals for example) to make it most effective. It can be done with invis song but the 4 sec cast will slow down your XP and efficiency significantly.
I've heard that the instant invis pots sold in PoK work to break charm. Also, if you're looking for some sport, you could camp the Goblin Gazahugi Ring in LoIO / Boots of the Mosquito. I actually found a Goblin Gaza Ring for sale on Test for like 4k a few months ago. I had camped that fucking thing for a decade off and on without any luck.

Evernothing

The Goblin Gazughi Ring is on a cycle with a few different PH you need to track to spawn the named. I've camped it a few times and sometimes it can take ages, which would make it more time spent than it will actually be worth.

Invis potions (Cloudy Potion) would probably be the best bet if you cant find either the ring or boots for sale.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is there a way to list the accounts you have attached to your email? I tried logging on the 4 accounts I could remember, but couldn't find any of my bags that kept my exp pots and shit in.
I didn't think until now that since they're all silver accounts, does it still restrict the amount of bag slots you can have? maybe it got parcelled on a character or something?

It's either that or maybe I made a free account but can't remember the name, and left all my shit on that.

I just want to dick around on a beastlord lol

Is there a way to list the accounts you have attached to your email? I tried logging on the 4 accounts I could remember, but couldn't find any of my bags that kept my exp pots and shit in.
I didn't think until now that since they're all silver accounts, does it still restrict the amount of bag slots you can have? maybe it got parcelled on a character or something?

It's either that or maybe I made a free account but can't remember the name, and left all my shit on that.

I just want to dick around on a beastlord lol
On the EQ homepage, select "forgot username." That should send you all attached accounts

Needless

Toe Sucker
Aww titties, that did it.
This also showed me I have 2 accounts I forgot, and one that i've never even heard of wtf

I'll have to check them out after work. I can already assume which one it is though lol