EQ Never

MrGlory_sl

shitlord
Because its my personal belief that EQNext being moderately successful (the best it can hope for, imho) won't spawn a million clone. It will allow developers to stretch their creative wings and we'll see some very unique and different designs come out.
I think the problem is not the developers not having imaginations but, the big dogs with the cash. Trying something new that costs so much is terrifying to these people and always opt for the same old shit.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I like the art design. The proportions of the first kerrans we saw were silly, but it's mostly pretty good.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Yeah I'm actually liking their character, armor, and prop designs. I don't think I've liked anything SOE has made since the original EQ models, but I'm digging the EQN style.

Rather than try to go for photorealistic (which would look terrible next to voxel environments), they are making everything "chunky" so that it feels like it's all in the same universe.

Also +1 for keeping original goblin buttcracks and weird/triangular shaped heads.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Ya that art is pretty good, fits well with the them. Old SOE would have made cartoon style players and stuck them next to photo realistic mobs and then added cell shaded buildings and called it good.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Little birdie told me that there have been more layoffs and resignations on the eqn team. Artist and programmers. I don't think we are ever going to see this game. At least not what was promised.

Mur_sl

shitlord
Overall, the graphics are looking okay. They toned down the Disney look a bit, and the Large Human, AKA Barbarian, looks pretty good. Armor needs some toning down, but...

rrr_img_100433.jpg

Mur_sl

shitlord
I can buy the kilt for nostalgia, but christ are shinpads and bracers the new shoulderpads?
LOL yeah this is the least massive armor I have made so far, even the robes have huge skull covered shins. I usually run around in my oh so sexah boxer briefs; the man bun just pulls it all together.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Little birdie told me that there have been more layoffs and resignations on the eqn team. Artist and programmers. I don't think we are ever going to see this game. At least not what was promised.
Anything solid? (2nd source or idea of layoff numbers)?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You don't need artists and programmers to make a game. SEND IN MORE SENIOR DESIGNERS.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Troy Mishler and Jeremy Bridon. Artist and engineer. Left, not canned as far as I know. Looks like people want out when they get a chance.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
the barb looks decent, the toned down facial features are a plus in my book despite the original character design being designed around SOEmote visibility (who the fuck cares about that?) but overall the above screen shot isn't anything to write home about. the voxel tech relegates the landscape to a high-res version project 1999 dreadlands.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it me or has this game completely stalled out? I remember being excited in 2009 when Rich Waters teased about Eqnext. 6 years later..... this. This has to be one of the biggest running jokes in MMO history.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Is it me or has this game completely stalled out? I remember being excited in 2009 when Rich Waters teased about Eqnext. 6 years later..... this. This has to be one of the biggest running jokes in MMO history.
Pretty much. This and Landmark are stuck in development hell and looking pretty stale now

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
It took Darkfall 8 years from official announced (2001) to official released (2009). I doubt EQN could break that record, it was official announced on 2013 SOE Live if I remember correctly.