EQ Never

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I didn't read a lot of the thread, and didn't watch the great blob of china's video. However, the title of his video is bullshit. Pre-ordering a game that has a release date and pre-purchasing for early access is two different things. A pre-order at GameStop or whatever simply reserves a copy of a game and lets companies know how many to order so they don't have bastards fighting in the parking lot over the last copy of Pokemon BlueGreen with Purple Swirls ABCDEFG. Pre-purchasing for early access is another load of bullshit entirely. I whole heartedly want to kick Steam and Smed in their collective cashballs for that shit.

EDIT: I went back and watched the video. He makes some VERY good points.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I have no idea why people are so perpetually salty. Landmark is everything they said it was going to be, if you bought and have remorse, that's due to your own ignorance.

I get it, being a cynical douchebag is the low hanging fruit of online personas. Its far easier than taking even handed rational approaches to topics based on evidence and experience, weighing the good and bad and then formulating and articulating a balanced point of view. That shits hard yo!

EQN is going to be fine. If you buy a pair of socks today, you'll still have them in rotation by the time it comes out. EQ:N may even come out before Winds of Winter. In the words of Aaron Rodgers... Relax. If you played Vanilla Everquest, you should be old enough and mature enough by this time not to get worked up about gaming. The world is full of fun and interesting things to do, if you feel the need the come to gaming forums and rage about games you hate and are never going to play, I really believe that says far more about you than it does a video game.
Douche bags like you who come here and tell people to relax is even more annoying than those of us who rage. Stop white knighting for SOE. They're the least deserving company ever to try and defend.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Oh fuck you.

You come to a thread which is supposed to have information about a game, and throw cuntyness all over the place. Its like going into a bathroom and some retards are smearing shit on the wall. I'm not white knighting the bathroom.

Would it be difficult to critique the game based on... oh shit, I dont know.... some actual facts? The complete absence of logic here offends me. It is just whinny bitching based on nothing. Look, if you have information.. Please share. Otherwise you are pretty much the worst part of the internet. Uninformed, baseless speculation. Opinion without any backing. Its just noise. Give me a reason to not like this game based on something other than the salt to moisture ratio in your pussy.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh fuck you.

You come to a thread which is supposed to have information about a game, and throw cuntyness all over the place. Its like going into a bathroom and some retards are smearing shit on the wall. I'm not white knighting the bathroom.

Would it be difficult to critique the game based on... oh shit, I dont know.... some actual facts? The complete absence of logic here offends me. It is just whinny bitching based on nothing. Look, if you have information.. Please share. Otherwise you are pretty much the worst part of the internet. Uninformed, baseless speculation. Opinion without any backing. Its just noise. Give me a reason to not like this game based on something other than the salt to moisture ratio in your pussy.
The fuck ? We've been waiting for a few years since SandArt 2013 and we've still got nothing but concepts and minecraft. If we didn't speculate we'd have nothing to bullshit about. There would be like 1 post a day on this board and it'd be dead.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Oh fuck you.

How about the FACT that's it's been 3 years and there has been absolutely zero new information on the game, you dickless, dip shit, asshole?

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
No info? Really? Do you know the class system? The combat system? How it looks visually? The races? The AI? The quest system? All new info released in the past year. God, you people are useless

You haven't had New info in 4 months. Be accurate

And just to give you dimwits some perspective... WoW went 3 years between announcement and producing any new info.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
How about the FACT that's it's been 3 years and there has been absolutely zero new information on the game, you dickless, dip shit, asshole?
Fact would be that 3 years ago was January 2012. SandArt 2013 as Heallun puts it wasnt that long ago really. Maybe you are overreacting to someone injecting common sense here?

That said, I was dissapointed that they fired up the hype without an actual way to sustain it. I got over that year ago though, game will come when it comes. The lower-then-expected amount of news might be connected to Omeed being let go? Maybe sustaining high community involvement right from the start was his baby and they noticed that they cant actually deliver 3 years of hype without developing the game systems first.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
::rolls up with wizard squad last minute because we knew the spawn timer::
::manaburns the hype boss down in front of the other pullers::
::gives no fucks about how long you were camped here with your precious infoz::

It was a cloth cap anyways.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
And just to give you dimwits some perspective... WoW went 3 years between announcement and producing any new info.
Dimwits? Did this clown just use a Blizzard example as a justification for people to like a relatively unknown SOE product? Maybe less perspective and more context?

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Dimwits? Did this clown just use a Blizzard example as a justification for people to like a relatively unknown SOE product? Maybe less perspective and more context?
I don't give a fuck what people like. But people being personally aggrevied because they havent had new information in a few months about a game that takes years to develop is asinine.

But to say it is unknown product is, again, without context OR perspective. There has never been a AAA MMO with a development process this open. Love it, hate it, be indifferent, but don't be stupid, you moron.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I didn't read a lot of the thread, and didn't watch the great blob of china's video. However, the title of his video is bullshit. Pre-ordering a game that has a release date and pre-purchasing for early access is two different things. A pre-order at GameStop or whatever simply reserves a copy of a game and lets companies know how many to order so they don't have bastards fighting in the parking lot over the last copy of Pokemon BlueGreen with Purple Swirls ABCDEFG. Pre-purchasing for early access is another load of bullshit entirely. I whole heartedly want to kick Steam and Smed in their collective cashballs for that shit.

EDIT: I went back and watched the video. He makes some VERY good points.
If you are accepting money so that people can play right away, you have launched. Period. Call it what you want, but that's a fucking product launch.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
seems like mostly sour groups by a disgruntled ex employee (ala the raider who quits and bad mouths their old guild non stop) but still, probably a kernel of truth in lots of incompetent staff over at SOE. I regret buying Landmark, paid $100 at alpha and have played maybe...15 minutes. is EQN/Landmark doomed to be the forgotten stepping stone for Blizzard/Valve/etc to build a real game? Losing $60m last year seems like a big deal, especially since Sony is not doing too good.

Insider leaks: How serious is the situation at SOE? | SandBoxer.Org
I'll be honest, I want SOE to do well. I got my entertainment value in EQ, and somehow hope they can return to former glory. Sorry, but WoW did not surpass EQ for me, entertainment wise.

Also, IDC what people say about Smed, he's actually a good guy. I've traded hundreds of emails with him since the days of FoH. Maybe he is too trusting in his employees, but that's called loyalty.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Become one of the fallen.

rrr_img_88133.jpg

Spynx_sl

shitlord
I don't give a fuck what people like. But people being personally aggrevied because they havent had new information in a few months about a game that takes years to develop is asinine.

But to say it is unknown product is, again, without context OR perspective. There has never been a AAA MMO with a development process this open. Love it, hate it, be indifferent, but don't be stupid, you moron.
I'm having a hard time reading how you really feel.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

A few months? After two plus years there's absolutely nothing concrete about the game. There's nothing except concept art and conjecture. Stop being a fucking shill.