EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare

Golden Knight of the Realm
The devil is in the security. You don't want developers to be able to do too much to the database unless you trust them implicitly, and some of the in-game #commands aren't all that great for doing things like loot tables. It's easier to do that stuff directly in the database with certain tools. All of this is work for Kegz to set up -- if that's even how he wants to do business. Who knows.
The way I see it. He can take a chance on 1 or 2 people to get all those little annoying things fixed quicker or he's going to start hemorrhaging players who get fed up. Either way I'm having fun and will be staying but some friends of mine have already dropped off for various reasons. -OR- He doesn't mind that people are going to leave because hey, this shits just a hobby.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well I'm enjoying it but hopefully people keep playing and dont slowly disappear, seems to be a patch today so kegz is workin hard I assume. I wouldnt mind a slight XP boost but I was able to find way to do 1-9 in 1.5 hours but requires you already having a character you leveled or a friend that can help. Just rerolled an ench/cleric from my nec/shaman (to be more group friendly) but having bitch of a time duoing at level 9 lol. Trying to use my pet + root then dots to be mana efficient but its mad slow. Hoping charm at 12 will be nice but with no cha gear I'm skeptical.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
22 and still having fun. The named situation is pretty streaky though. In uguk 1 in 9 named would drop loot. In solA we're getting a named maybe every other rotation but they always drop loot. Oh wait, this reminds me of classic.

Nightmare

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'll tell you what. The +50% xp for $30 a month is really helping me out. I can get a few levels and still have time for friends and family. Just had to ask Kegz real nice like in mumble. Hopefully the money goes towards buying new SSDs for the server.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'll tell you what. The +50% xp for $30 a month is really helping me out. I can get a few levels and still have time for friends and family. Just had to ask Kegz real nice like in mumble. Hopefully the money goes towards buying new SSDs for the server.
Wait, what? Is this for real? If so, no amount of effort will save this server.

Motec_sl

shitlord
Pro troll is pro.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
I am mad jelly of the poop sockers. I have no greater desire than to retire to the men's bathroom, rub one out, and then go play EverQuest.

Motec_sl

shitlord
Global ooc gone. It's like playing eq on private server with no other dude now. Lol at this guy running it, just cutting off his arm to save his hand.

gn0me_sl

shitlord
Terrible decision to kill global ooc. I enjoy the banter, stuff for sale, etc while duoing. It's not like there is a lot of zone chatter going on with a server pop around 150 (half of which are boxed). I was enjoying this server but it felt dead last night on top of being extremely fucking laggy (but that's another issue).

yraapt_sl

shitlord
Is there a class on this server that is generally considered more powerful? I have always rolled a mage, but pets are weak sauce here.frown.png

frown.png

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This server is done, 2 weeks and its over. The devs care about "fixing" ooc more than actual work on actual content and mechanics. The population is tiny IE 75-100 Humans and the exp rate/pathing/aggro/drops are so borked. The only thing that would save this server would be for the devs to straight up admit they fucked up, call this an open beta 2.0 fix the fucking basic content then re release in 6-8 months.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This server is done, 2 weeks and its over. The devs care about "fixing" ooc more than actual work on actual content and mechanics. The population is tiny IE 75-100 Humans and the exp rate/pathing/aggro/drops are so borked. The only thing that would save this server would be for the devs to straight up admit they fucked up, call this an open beta 2.0 fix the fucking basic content then re release in 6-8 months.
Come join us on EQMac. A lot of people starting up. See groups going in Kurns and PC all the time. Seems most are coming over due to similar frustrations with EMU servers.

Volt

Molten Core Raider
Terrible decision to kill global ooc. I enjoy the banter, stuff for sale, etc while duoing. It's not like there is a lot of zone chatter going on with a server pop around 150 (half of which are boxed). I was enjoying this server but it felt dead last night on top of being extremely fucking laggy (but that's another issue).
After killing global ooc the server quickly felt dried up. Trolling and everything else aside, the banter is what builds the community. Global ooc also served as the trade channel. On a side note - My wiz box has been revoked from even speaking in ooc and from sending tells for going on 6 days for saying "you broke Wakandan" to someone who said they ran out of money from buying too much weed after a lengthy conversation about buying/selling and smoking weed was going on (thanks peace pipe). The ironic thing is if you listen in on Kegz and co in mumble it's all "American Inventor this, American Inventor that"... /petition doesn't work either!

Rhuobhe

N00b
Theres no quality in this thread. WAHH this game sucks. I'm not playing playing so you shouldnt either WAHH

Status
Not open for further replies.