EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
EQ related: I never click on the WoW threads and found this link elsewhere. Furor in the news. Hilarious.

Pulled the below out for those that don't want to click. Gamergate being what it is, who knows if true, but yikes. Cancel culture is stupid

During a company event (an annual convention called Blizz Con) Afrasiabi would hit on female employees, telling them he wanted to marry them, attempting to kiss them, and putting his arms around them. This was in plain view of other male employees, including supervisors, who had to intervene and pull him off female employees. Afrasiabi was so known to engage in harassment of females that his suite was nicknamed the “Crosby Suite” after alleged rapist Bill Crosby. Afrasiabi would also call females derogatory names at company events. Afrasiabi’s conduct was known to Blizzard Entertainment’s executives, who took no effective remedial measures. J. Allen Brack, President of Blizzard Entertainment, allegedly had multiple conversations with Afrasiabi about his drinking and that he had been “too friendly” towards female employees at company events but gave Afiasiabi a slap on the wrist (ie. verbal counseling) in response to these incidents.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The above description of behaviours sounds like he was just blackout drunk. Get a bunch of nerds at a boozy event and it is bound to happen. I remember NOTHING from some of my E3 nights and I did the same at a company party on a boat. I had to get the amusing tales from coworkers days later of what happened :D

You really aren't yourself under those circumstances. Some people get super friendly, some get mean and fighty etc

If this was a constant thing then he just needed someone to slow him down a little.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also another example of why drinking with your coworkers is fucking stupid. Especially getting blackout drunk. Its pure gossip fuel and never worth it.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

So i confronted this guy in Necro chat and let all the Necros on this server know what he's doing. Still doesn't wanna change his ways and stop griefing the spawn. Also was telling a bunch of lies like this one. He was telling people that he lets them have skullcaps for themselves, but not other "Sellers". I mentioned helping Sludge get his last night and this is what he had to say

1627151937522.png

I mean clearly he "didn't attack" the mob and try to bully Sludge out of completing his cap. Weird how he got the killing blow and my logs show Touch of Night+ebolt.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
In the boredom of waiting for SoV to come out, I've taken to trolling the SoNH ground spawn with a baby mage. I'll summon a wisp stone, go along the water in a random spot, start casting gate, drop it just before it goes off, and watch people scramble for it.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The above description of behaviours sounds like he was just blackout drunk. Get a bunch of nerds at a boozy event and it is bound to happen. I remember NOTHING from some of my E3 nights and I did the same at a company party on a boat. I had to get the amusing tales from coworkers days later of what happened :D

You really aren't yourself under those circumstances. Some people get super friendly, some get mean and fighty etc

If this was a constant thing then he just needed someone to slow him down a little.

Sucks to know Alex never got his drinking under control. Towards my end in eq he was drunk almost every raid and would go into rages multiple times. Now this was all pre voice coms so was a little different back then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

You may not realize this, but you're still (mostly) responsible for your actions when drunk.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you know you act like an asshole when drunk, then the solution is to moderate your drinking. Any work setting, I'll have at most 2 beers and a cocktail before switching to iced tea.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

I know, but if they examined everyone's past (including mine) there'd be nobody left.
It's one thing if it's a mostly isolated incident. If it's behavior that's been going on for years and that your bosses knew about and did nothing, it becomes something else.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wish some other game companies actually played their own games during work. Paradox for example structures it into their workflow and their products benefit from it.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Some of these stories are funny, I've worked in Fortune 500 America my whole life, never once heard a rape joke at work, and have 0 doubt if I made one I'd be walked out the moment HR heard about it.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I know, but if they examined everyone's past (including mine) there'd be nobody left.
I used to go to business conferences with marketing/sales teams, never once saw anyone (drunk or otherwise) attempt to grope/kiss etc female coworkers. Consensual hook ups happened here and there, but those people even kept their handsy shit to their hotel rooms, work isn't a frat house.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Probably because they all grew up nerds and didn't get that childish shit out of their system early on.

For further examples, see this board.

• 3Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Also another example of why drinking with your coworkers is fucking stupid. Especially getting blackout drunk. Its pure gossip fuel and never worth it.

The first and last time I got drunk with my coworkers, I threw a lighter into a bonfire (the lighter exploded, and probably sent shards bulleting through the air), then fell into a pool and it was pitch dark out so I was barely able to get out of it, and then joked about killing my boss... TO my boss.

Somehow I didn't get fired. There were one or two girls present who even complained about me the next day (not because I did anything to them, but because my overall behavior was dumb as hell). And somehow I didn't get fired. Well, it was like 20 years ago. I don't even think I was old enough to legally drink, so no wonder I was so completely idiotic. The one that bothers me the most is that I threw a lighter into the fire. I have no idea why I did that. Hopefully it just got vaporized. Imagine if somebody had gotten blinded or something.

Yep, first and last time.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user