EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Are you playing on mischief?
FV atm, since that is where I had been playing last time. I did just sign on for 3 months, though, so if it's fun again I can jam something up over there. Mostly getting back into the interface and how things work for now. I do like the spell progression now, instead of every 5 levels. Also the POK library got an upgrade on spells for sale, so I don't have to run all over the goddamn place.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
FV atm, since that is where I had been playing last time. I did just sign on for 3 months, though, so if it's fun again I can jam something up over there. Mostly getting back into the interface and how things work for now. I do like the spell progression now, instead of every 5 levels. Also the POK library got an upgrade on spells for sale, so I don't have to run all over the goddamn place.
Be sure to turn on the auto grant AA thing.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Not at all meant to be a jerk or kick you out, I don't play on mischief either... consider posting in the live eq thread once you get up in levels if shit gets real. That one has way less trollery and drama than here and those folks don't tend to come and go as hard. Many many many tlpers don't know dick all about 70+ eq.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not at all meant to be a jerk or kick you out, I don't play on mischief either... consider posting in the live eq thread once you get up in levels if shit gets real. That one has way less trollery and drama than here and those folks don't tend to come and go as hard. Many many many tlpers don't know dick all about 70+ eq.

Guilty. I quit after DoN and generally burn out in GoD. This time I hope to last at least until DoN again.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Four months of PoP is going to hit the population really hard. Especially when we're spoiled with fast unlocks so far and the bonus loot will let people "complete" their characters sooner.

Then not long after we have basically 5 months of Anguish (3 Omens 2 DoN). Rinse and repeat.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Four months of PoP is going to hit the population really hard. Especially when we're spoiled with fast unlocks so far and the bonus loot will let people "complete" their characters sooner.

Then not long after we have basically 5 months of Anguish (3 Omens 2 DoN). Rinse and repeat.
I think the PoP/LoY/LDoN block needs to be one, 3 month grouping. So, DPG didn't do too bad by only extending it one month. Would I have preferred 3? Sure, but them cutting classic to 1 and Kunark to 2 was a fair trade.

The real stretch that needs combining/tweaking is the 70s era. Many people agree that it's one of EQ's worst, yet we have to deal with like 8 months of it. Really wish they'd shave them down to 1 each, except for OoW.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the PoP/LoY/LDoN block needs to be one, 3 month grouping. So, DPG didn't do too bad by only extending it one month. Would I have preferred 3? Sure, but them cutting classic to 1 and Kunark to 2 was a fair trade.

The real stretch that needs combining/tweaking is the 70s era. Many people agree that it's one of EQ's worst, yet we have to deal with like 8 months of it. Really wish they'd shave them down to 1 each, except for OoW.
Timelines aside, I'll never be able to play another server without these Mischief loot rules.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got a free lvl 85 upgrade a long time after i stopped playing, so i used it, then didn't know where to go, so I have a couple of lvl 85 chars on FV. and all their lvl 65 gear. Would of been better to leave them at lvl 65. So yeah. I know the TLP's, but nothing about live.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Timelines aside, I'll never be able to play another server without these Mischief loot rules.
Pretty much the same for me. I really wanted to roll on Rizlona when GoD unlocked, but it took me about 20 minutes of non-Mischief loot before I realized I couldn't do it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have heard there are 3 options for the next server and they haven't decided on which one yet.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
My guess is a Selo style server will be in this batch or the 2023 batch. It will have multiplied loot like Mischief but normal lockouts.

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
My guess is a Selo style server will be in this batch or the 2023 batch. It will have multiplied loot like Mischief but normal lockouts.

I heard one option was FV no random, no bonus, normal 3 month unlocks. One month classic, 2 months kunark then normal 3 month unlocks with some smaller expansions being 1 month like LDON.

I was told they would not do anything with faster unlocks than Mischief/Thornblade this cycle because of the conflict when they would all 4 basically be on the same expansion at some point.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just FV sounds like such a step backwards unless it's got full boxing. I still think you could get a ton of active accounts on a full boxing FV server.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
We have one already. It's FV. No one stopping you from boxing.

FV is not a TLP and also fuck boxing.

We know they are going to release TLPs until they are no longer profitable. Going further with the razzmatazz than Mischief right now can't be the play as you're rapidly going to run out of things to do that people give a shit about. That said I think just a boxing free trade TLP would be a success. It's like a step to the side rather than a step backwards. Most of these servers are true-box so there's still some sparkle on open boxing. The drawback with FV as I understand it is that it's hard to get help for things because whatever you need help with the helpers could also benefit from on one of their characters. I've only ever used that server as a test realm so I don't really know the meta.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I MIGHT be able to get behind just a plain-Jane FV ruleset if it had boxing.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Evidence has shown if we get enough people crying we can get any ruleset we want.

• 1Truth!

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I'd rather not start in early expansion EQ again ever.

Do a TSS launch, mischief bonus loot, 1 month unlocks for each expansion, Selo server exp rate and free trade.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users