EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kunark releases tomorrow, right? What server are most of you fags on? MIschief?

How common are rings of the ancients? And are they or JBoots tradeable? Probably going to roll a mag/wiz combo for maximum lazy, but I'll probably do Nec/Dru if Jboots are a PITA.

I saw rings for under 200 today. The hard part is getting Hasten up and not having someone kill him right away and then try to sell the zone completed Jboots.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Boy, it took Aradune the full three months to get to the 5000-6000 range. You Mischief peeps are pro.

Krono flippers are one of the biggest factors in krono pricing. If a server has several of these they never let krono prices drop or the floor reset as they keep buying no matter the price sucking in all krono and selling it at the price it is at never letting it go lower. Flippers can only be overcome by massive krono influx to basically run them out of plat while driving prices down. However this is short lived as the available krono pool shrinks their effects are even worse.

Aradune did not have a single big krono flipper until Luclin when it gained 5 large krono flippers. Krono prices went up 50% in luclin and then 70% in pop on aradune.
Mangler had krono flippers but it also had massive influx of krono by far more than any server since agnarr and today so far. Even with that massive influx of krono flippers were able to keep prices rising and never let them reset or lower.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I mean, not never, but pre oow sure. Mangler had Krono up to 130-140k at end of don and went back down to 75ish at one point.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol 6k within a month. That's crazy. I guess it helps that Daybreak just lets people bot camps that drop huge amounts of raw plat 24/7 in multiple instances. Worst inflation that's ever happened I imagine.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Are both Mischief and Thornblade truebox? And can I get around it with VPNs? I really don't want to have to install remote desktop on my laptop if I can help it.

• 1Pathetic

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol 6k within a month. That's crazy. I guess it helps that Daybreak just lets people bot camps that drop huge amounts of raw plat 24/7 in multiple instances. Worst inflation that's ever happened I imagine.

Mangler had more (plat) farmers than mischief.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not so convinced that the actual bots manipulate the prices as much as the casuals. People who box eat kronos and drive up demand (not aradune, especially rizlona). People happily buying and spending kronos on stuff obviously drive prices down (mangler and aradune). Having expensive chase items that are super rare can drive prices up a bit (not mischief/thornblade). Having people botting literal plat drop camps (not items) will drive prices up (mangler/aradune, not really selo). I think the whales spending are the biggest factor of these.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I'm really looking forward to seeing the big spender whales show up with full geared tanks in velious/luclin era.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I mean, there's been like 20 Fiery Avengers sold for 15-30kr. With whales like that, you don't need any other manipulation.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm not so convinced that the actual bots manipulate the prices as much as the casuals. People who box eat kronos and drive up demand (not aradune, especially rizlona). People happily buying and spending kronos on stuff obviously drive prices down (mangler and aradune). Having expensive chase items that are super rare can drive prices up a bit (not mischief/thornblade). Having people botting literal plat drop camps (not items) will drive prices up (mangler/aradune, not really selo). I think the whales spending are the biggest factor of these.
Influx of raw platinum absolutely, 100% affect the price. That's literally how inflation works. More currency is entering the system = more inflation. Of course, a robust economy with lots of trading and lots of demand for trading will affect it as well. But raw currency entering the system is literally, always, the primary driver of inflation.

Daidraco

There are very few items in classic that I personally give a fk about. I sold fbss's for an obnoxious amount of money, yet sky belts were selling for less every time. Nostalgia, regardless of what period in the expansion of a tlp, is just too damn strong. There are a glut of items in every expansion that arent BIS but are better than what 90% of people have, and it'll be interesting to me to see what is popular with free trade.

Mischief ruleset brought in a lot of old time players and no one can dispute that.

Regardless, I cant wait for tomorrow's kunark launch. Ive been done mentally with Classic for about two weeks.

yerm

Yes but krono are not a fixed amount with plat the only inflationary resource. If people on your server are buying krono from daybreak or RMTers who get/got them elsewhere, it drives prices back down. If people are consuming kronos for box maintenance and not spending it drives prices way up.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why does anyone sell krono for platinum though? I've never had any need whatsoever to have more platinum on any character on any TLP. I don't understand what they are doing.

• 1Picard

yerm

Why does anyone sell krono for platinum though? I've never had any need whatsoever to have more platinum on any character on any TLP. I don't understand what they are doing.

If you are gearing out a character, platinum generally is needed to buy multiple smaller-priced items. If you do tradeskills you generally need a large amount of platinum. Once the bazaar comes out, you generally need plat to make most purchases that aren't loot rights.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

You can't split a krono so unless you are only buying/selling items that are exactly equal to whole kronos you have to use plat as well.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Surprised no one mentioned what I feel like is the biggest reason for krono prices being high so quickly.

The gem drop rate has been dramatically increased in hate (probably fear too but I stick to hate). The way they are having trash mobs swap loot with other trash mobs, it is making them drop 1-3 vendor items pretty often. I was the first boxer up there before krono were even 800 plat and had 30k plat + 30k in vendor BD/BS/Jacinth/Diamonds in my bag just sitting on them because I couldn't buy enough krono.

I am sure jewelcrafters noticed this real quick when they'd get spammed with gems people want to sell and jewelcrafters start paying shit prices because everyone that runs their hate DZ gets 20 BS, 20 BD etc etc.

Krono just needs to adjust to whatever it's new price is to account for the flood of extra vendor stuff.

In just the small sample size of a couple days of hate, I was seeing about double the vendor loot as normal. Could be higher or lower but it's a huge increase.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
The fear/hate trash are also dropping 10-40pp each too. I laugh my ass off when I see lvl 50 Necro's farming HG's when i'm getting on avg 100-150pp per mob in fear.

• 1Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
All group gear is basically dirt cheap as well, so other than raid gear there is nothing for casual players to spend their plat on other than Krono, they also don't need to sell as many krono to "hardcore" players for plat to afford more expensive group gear because it's literally being given away.

If they keep up named dropping 2+ loot tables worth of gear on top of the bonus rares we always have, "good enough" gear will always go for pennies.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Plus all the boxing going on in hate/giants means the plat is rolling in.
I've done hill giants in Classic on every tlp. I've had times on Mischief where i roll up and their isn't a single person on the hill.

Planes farming has definitely contributed a lot. The Bonus loot on rares and increased rare spawns has definitely contributed a lot also, a bunch of the 30-45 loot vendors for 50-200 plat each.