EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Shaman are good. Not before level 34ish, but after that they're pretty good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I don't know who needs to know this but autism settled the agility argument a long time ago. There is no parsable difference above 75. The stat does nothing. Do not itemize for it. Do no not spend character creation points on it. Do not use agility buffs on people.

edit - if you're an Erudite that would otherwise enter the game with 70 agility you can bump it to 75. That actually does make a difference when you're showing up naked.

This so much.

The only thing that makes an impact for mitigation is AC and skillcaps, and even more so, a shield.

Cleric w/ a high AC shield, DS / Greater Conc / Rejuv / pots in TLP-style vanilla can solo like a monster.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
20+ years and you are all still having arguments about content/classes that has been basic knowledge for anyone with the normal amount of chromosomes.

EQ #1.
Crazy how over the course of 10+tlps, 20+ expansions and hundreds of patches things about the game change and what was "Basic Knowledge" becomes outdated knowledge.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I don't know who needs to know this but autism settled the agility argument a long time ago. There is no parsable difference above 75. The stat does nothing. Do not itemize for it. Do no not spend character creation points on it. Do not use agility buffs on people.

edit - if you're an Erudite that would otherwise enter the game with 70 agility you can bump it to 75. That actually does make a difference when you're showing up naked.
Bruh AGI is a great stat for tanks. AGI = Avoidance AC. You can literally open your stat sheet now and see what it does.

That said it's pretty fucking useless if your a rogue/wiz DPSing on a raid and you're an annoying little cunt if you send Shaman tell asking for AGI in Classic.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Bruh AGI is a great stat for tanks. AGI = Avoidance AC. You can literally open your stat sheet now and see what it does.

No. No. No. S Secrets help me here.

It's been parsed. It's settled. Agility does nothing. I don't care what you think it does. Autism plus math says it doesn't do anything.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

It's been parsed. It's settled. Agility does nothing. I don't care what you think it does. Autism plus math says it doesn't do anything.
He’s not the brightest, and while agi does nothing for offense, it does provide avoidance ac past 75, and is useful enough to bother for anyone tanking damage on non trivial fights. DPS shouldn’t ask for agility unless they’re tanking trash. Tanks should ask.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

T0Ltgu9.png

Ogre War with AGI start vs Ogre War with default starting stats

The second AC number determines how often you get hitAGIwinsagain.png

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm saying it again. Super autists did the legowork on this a few years ago. There is no parsable difference between 75 agility and max agility. You want to duplicate their testing go right ahead but when it comes to shit like this I trust people like Secrets 100%.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Playing shaman in classic on Agnarr as a raid main was an interesting experience.

Being the only healer as a shaman in group while leveling was absolutely miserable.

8 hour plane of sky raid farming sisters with Zaide while every fucking mouthbreather demanded dex and agi nonstop. Arguing with some dumb ass warrior that lost his shit if he didn't have agi....Alexander. That is the raid where I finally told everyone to go fuck themselves and just stopped buffing.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I had people who proudly told the guild how fucking good at the game they were, asking for AGI/DEX buffs all day long. It was so annoying I just pretended to be afk half the time.
DEX actually helps melee a bit if they have, STA is pretty useless for most classes and definitely one of the more asked for buffs.

And ya AGI does next to nothing. CHA also does next to nothing for charm. INT, WIS, STR, DEX, STA are really the only stats and STA only really matters for tanks, on a caster even the big 50 sta buffs are only going to give you like 100 hp

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I'm saying it again. Super autists did the legowork on this a few years ago. There is no parsable difference between 75 agility and max agility. You want to duplicate their testing go right ahead but when it comes to shit like this I trust people like Secrets 100%.

Those "Super autists" were and are wrong. There is also no way to effectively Parse it because Avoidance AC is a versus stat. +6 Avoidance AC vs a level 2 Skelly that has 21 Accuracy is gonna be multiple % chance to hit in change. +6 Avoidance vs a 80 raid boss with 1500 accuracy is gonna do very little. +6 Avoidance vs a level 30 Froglok is gonna have a noticeable but not massive effect.

Meaning any sort of parsing you do is ONLY gonna be relevant for that very specific scenario.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Playing shaman in classic on Agnarr as a raid main was an interesting experience.

Being the only healer as a shaman in group while leveling was absolutely miserable.

8 hour plane of sky raid farming sisters with Zaide while every fucking mouthbreather demanded dex and agi nonstop. Arguing with some dumb ass warrior that lost his shit if he didn't have agi....Alexander. That is the raid where I finally told everyone to go fuck themselves and just stopped buffing.
Alexander I remember him in AoS 😂

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
can halflings be rangers at launch, all that ranger talk making me want to do it...

though I always play druid and every server i've mained a druid on i have the most fun, but the dudes talking about casters falling around GoD/OoW is right - that's when i quit, i need a melee to do all my shit with me and no one wants a druid in their group