EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I wish there was a version of MQ2 that was DBG sanctioned to help with some of the pain points of the EQ client. Things like /face and shit from back in the day.

Also, would be nice if GINA was open source so we could extend it a bit. Would be great to add things like states / variables / nested triggers / etc.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The problem is even really obvious abused like boxing 12 characters at once still requires proof. Basically they set a super high standard of proof to be found exploiting which means they ban almost no one.

The real problem is boxing 6 characters is a huge pain in the ass legit, boxing more than that is basically impossible so people turn to MQ2 and virtual machines, this would all be solved if darkpaw would just take anyone boxing more than 6 as per say proof of cheating and auto ban.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Curious, has anybody here spent any considerable amount of time raiding on Firiona Vie? What's it like with the free trade loot? I'd assume anyone that played there a lot would have the best idea what us first timers can expect.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Curious, has anybody here spent any considerable amount of time raiding on Firiona Vie? What's it like with the free trade loot? I'd assume anyone that played there a lot would have the best idea what us first timers can expect.
Auction house is legit. Expect your normal concept of what’s valuable to get raked over the coals by a few expansions in. Old raid loot getting dumped on the market changes things.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Open world shit is always fucking dead. All of it. Everywhere. Who is out there killing Gorenaire every respawn? I don't know but she's never fucking up. Nothing is ever up.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
How do the bags work? Is it you buy them to an account, then when the server is live you then claim them? I remember back in the day like a claim reward window?

Sterling

El Presidente
How do the bags work? Is it you buy them to an account, then when the server is live you then claim them? I remember back in the day like a claim reward window?
Yeah when you buy stuff you can claim it later. some stuff particularly with expansion purchases and stuff has expansion requirements before you can claim. Like mounts or defiant gear etc.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The bags are flagged as "Heirloom" so you can trade them around between characters on that same server or put them in the shared bank or whatever.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The ones on the website are better than the ones on the ingame store too I think. This was my first time buying them.

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
I bought one of the norrath's pack and one of the karana pack. Is it worth buying any others yet?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Look at all these different people preparing. No doubt working on their UI or something like me
EQ000940.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Never played a TLP server before, but the random loot sounds fun so looking to join for this one. Should I be planning to make 1 character, or box 2-3? I'm interested in monk, shaman, SK, druid, bard, in that order I think. I have a lot of free time to no-life it for a bit if I'm having a good time.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Never played a TLP server before, but the random loot sounds fun so looking to join for this one. Should I be planning to make 1 character, or box 2-3? I'm interested in monk, shaman, SK, druid, bard, in that order I think. I have a lot of free time to no-life it for a bit if I'm having a good time.
Monk shaman is a good combo, so is sk shaman. Doing more than 2 gets wonky on truebox. Gotta start busting out the 3rd party apps and what not unless you run multiple computers.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Different classes require more work than others. If you box multiple melee it's a nightmare unless you use 3rd party and then its the easiest. Bard is probably the simplest box to set and forget and almost never either bad or a pain to add. If you go monk and shaman, your top 2, adding your #3 sk is very good if you have assistance and kind of annoying to do entirely by truebox hand, druid is a fair bit easier to add to monk+shaman but not particularly great as a 3rd, and bard is probably the easiest to add and still fantastic if you don't want mq2 or annoyances.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Boxing melee is so easy. If I don't need the mana I always melee with every person in my group. Follow then assist macro. Obviously when you get to later eras you have a lot more buttons and it becomes just as intensive as a caster but a follow then assist macro will last you a long time and be very easy to use.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
What would be the most fun melee class to play on this server?

I played a monk as my main 20 years ago. Thinking about a ranger or SK this time around

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What would be the most fun melee class to play on this server?

I played a monk as my main 20 years ago. Thinking about a ranger or SK this time around
Never play ranger. Unless you're a fag.

SK have huge utility and are fun to play. They have a lot of quality of life tools like invis, invis vs undead, snare, feign death, etc. Do recommend.