EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure ghost killing hasnt been around since 2007ish. Ghost killing is turning off movement packets being sent to server, and then warping above or below a mob on z axis and then using a ranged attack. Wasn't really a thing back in the day, I mean some rangers could kill shit but it wasn't that good (couldn't beat ooc regen on most mobs.) When the monk ability exploit (nodelay/monkbug) existed (i.e. flying kick cool down could be reset) a plugin would warp to a mob back and forth spamming flying kick very fast. You could clear anguish with a single monk in era. It was coined ghost killing but wasn't truly ghosting (because every now and then the monk would get hit and die by a raid mob.) That exploit was fixed and z ranging mobs no longer works.

*edit well I guess there's noting stopping a plugin that sends a movement packet and a backstab but you're not gonna kill much with that.

I remember you could get under Aerin 'Dar back in PoP and cheese it. That was more down to sloppy programming though.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought one of the norrath's pack and one of the karana pack. Is it worth buying any others yet?
You are going to end up with duplicate bags. Bags are lore, so don't buy both packs, as one pack bundle includes the other pack bundle. Buy the 34.99 pack only.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Never play ranger. Unless you're a fag.

SK have huge utility and are fun to play. They have a lot of quality of life tools like invis, invis vs undead, snare, feign death, etc. Do recommend.
How many times do we have to say it?

Troll SK named Biggus Dikkus

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Human Bard - Girth Brooks
Troll Shaman - Ron Germy
Female Human TransBard - Dixie Normous <-- Vanessa Vanessa might interested in this one

I'll work on it. To-do list is filling up.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Female Troll Shaman - Alotta Fagina

To partner up with Biggus Dikkus

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
You are going to end up with duplicate bags. Bags are lore, so don't buy both packs, as one pack bundle includes the other pack bundle. Buy the 34.99 pack only.

NO 1 is called Keepers' Knapsack and the other Outrider's Satchel they both just happen to be 40 slot 100% wr but are not the same item. They're not going to fuck themselves out of free money like that.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Anybody else feel like a little giggle...

Whose gonna make the erudite SK Fentanyl Floyd ?
Gnome warrior 'Officer Derrek' - he was a short dude.

Also, it's better if Floyd is a monk so he can feign death.

Euridite Necro and Gnome Wizard could work too, I guess.

Working on a static group now!!

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Never play ranger. Unless you're a fag.

SK have huge utility and are fun to play. They have a lot of quality of life tools like invis, invis vs undead, snare, feign death, etc. Do recommend.

Whats best SK class? Is it still Troll?

• 1Ding!

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Curious, has anybody here spent any considerable amount of time raiding on Firiona Vie? What's it like with the free trade loot? I'd assume anyone that played there a lot would have the best idea what us first timers can expect.
I stopped playing FV about 5 years ago when phinny went in to Luclin, and didn't start playing there until the later era's so this was just my experience from 5 years ago.

The in era raid loot/previous era loot market gets saturated pretty quick once everyone is able to clear it. For example, I could farm krono for 1 day on a TLP and then have enough to buy a full set of in era raid gear for a box. This was later era's though, I didn't play there during the common TLP cycle era's (classic-pop).

There aren't that many actual "real" guilds on there. Many of the guilds there that you'd see raiding are just groups of people from other live server guilds that use FV as a way to make a little krono on the side to take back to their server by clearing raid content and selling the loot.

Items lose value super fast (a lot faster than what you see on normal TLP's) so you have more of an urgency to sell as fast as possible. Classic and Kunark is mostly tradable stuff normally anyway even the raid loot, so I don't think you'll see much of a difference on mischief from common TLP's until you get to Velious and beyond.

Once you get in to the era's where most things are normally no-trade, you're mostly looking to farm quantity over quality. Since everything will be pretty cheap you make up the difference by just farming a bunch of stuff that accumulates rather than getting a big pay off from 1 item like you would on normal TLP's.

The biggest thing with free-trade is that it does have a very pay to win feel to it. You don't need to put any effort or time in to raiding if you don't want to because you can just buy everything. You could spend hundreds of hours raiding and decking out your char and have someone else make a char and be equal gear to you in 30 minutes. This however isn't entirely a negative thing though. A big reason why people never go back to TLP's in their later era's is because of the amount of time required to catch up. Free-trade basically alleviates that so you might expect to always see a flow of people coming to the server no matter what era it's in. That's essentially what a lot of FV is and why there are so many people on it compared to other live servers because half the people/guilds on there are just there to farm loot to sell to that constant flow of people starting fresh on the server that buy all their gear to catch up.
Open world shit is always fucking dead. All of it. Everywhere. Who is out there killing Gorenaire every respawn? I don't know but she's never fucking up. Nothing is ever up.

From my understanding it's an automated mq script people run. Something like: warp group around to dif zones > check if X mob is up > kill > loot. Not sure if that's 100% the case, but when I played FV and noticed the same thing, when I asked that's what I was told. The main reason people keep the classic-velious stuff dead is because there is no level requirement on that loot. It makes for good twink gear for people starting on the server and sells pretty quick. Some of the classic-velious loot, at least when I played on FV, sold for more than in era loot. They only have OW for the early era's though so I don't expect you'll see the same thing on mischief in its later era's.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
What would be the most fun melee class to play on this server?

I played a monk as my main 20 years ago. Thinking about a ranger or SK this time around
IMO it changes based on era.
Would say Classic-Kunark Monk
SoV-SoL SK
PoP and beyond Ranger is so much fun.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
NO 1 is called Keepers' Knapsack and the other Outrider's Satchel they both just happen to be 40 slot 100% wr but are not the same item. They're not going to fuck themselves out of free money like that.
No. The bigger pack says:
  • Everything in the Norrath's Keepers' Pack plus:
So, if you buy both packs, you will have 2x Keeper's Knapsack. You can put one in the shared bank but it is a bit of a waste. You should only buy the $35 pack.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Im going to make a Troll SK and call him Russian Trollfarm

Or just Vladimir Putin

• 1Solidarity

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I made a full 6 man box group and geared them out completely for 3 krono on rizlona.

Being able to buy your way into a geared toon will make playing later expansions great.

Just wish this was starting in luclin so we could have the bazaar. I never need to hear the term "make offer" again.