EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
repay.gif

really.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Is there any point playing these TLPs solo? Do people actually still group or is it just everyone’s boxing groups ‘tisming around and fighting over shit?

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is there any point playing these TLPs solo? Do people actually still group or is it just everyone’s boxing groups ‘tisming around and fighting over shit?
When I played on Agnarr everyone was grouping as normally as I expected. Dunno what the case would be now.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
How is bard now? Never played one. Solo? Group?

bards are amazing. can do so many fun things when you learn the tricks and how to pull, and then can also just be lazy and sing songs and melee if you want. I think id rather gouge my eyes out than solo on one though, not that they are bad at it, just tedious compared to any other class.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Thanks, I was just wondering. I'm not gay or anything. Sticking to shaman with maybe a little necro on the side. Too old for any of that boxing crap.

Tirant

Golden Knight of the Realm
Lotta SK love in here. How do they compare against Warriors in modern TLPs? Trying to round out a group with my homies. So far we have

rogue/ench box
Bard
Tank/Cleric/mag/4th slot utility box

I’ll be rocking the tank/cleric/mag box like I did on Phinny where I played a warrior. Liked it, especially for raids later on but debating going sk this round. Pretty set on the cleric for cheal on charmed pets as well as we suck so Rez is a necessity. With the cleric healer seems like the sk life taps are less valuable than with an sk/shm combo.

That would round out the group but I’ll probably throw a 4th box in for times when one of the buddies aren’t around. What would y’all do? I debated wizard for low maintenance DPS and ports but it iirc they kinda suck in kunark era. Leaning toward Druid for ports/sow/light dps/downtime heals but man there’s some Druid hate in here haha.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Bards were more fun when you were 19 and it was pre-melody and you had to have ADHD to be successful.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Lotta SK love in here. How do they compare against Warriors in modern TLPs? Trying to round out a group with my homies. So far we have

rogue/ench box
Bard

I’ll be rocking the tank/cleric/mag box like I did on Phinny where I played a warrior. Liked it, especially for raids later on but debating going sk this round. Pretty set on the cleric for cheal on charmed pets as well as we suck so Rez is a necessity. With the cleric healer seems like the sk life taps are less valuable than with an sk/shm combo.

That would round out the group but I’ll probably throw a 4th box in for times when one of the buddies aren’t around. What would y’all do? I debated wizard for low maintenance DPS and ports but it iirc they kinda suck in kunark era. Leaning toward Druid for ports/sow/light dps/downtime heals but man there’s some Druid hate in here haha.
Warrior is clearly inferior in everything but the ability to soak up damage, but you can make it work if you really want to. Just be prepared to have everyone but the warrior tanking for the first expansion or two.

Pick SK if that's not hint enough.

• 1Like

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls

rogue/ench box
Bard

you can make warrior work for a group, but SK has it easier for everything. Even for raiding you use warriors when you need defensive rotations to survive being rounded or if you are low dps and need the reduced dmg taken to keep the chain running long enough to kill the target, any other situation you use a knight just so the dps can go crazy right off the bat just because their threat is a billion times better than warriors. And on fear mobs obviously once fearless AA becomes a thing knights are the choice there.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
When do warriors get berate?

I thought that was pretty decent at creating aggro

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
When do warriors get berate?

I thought that was pretty decent at creating aggro
its not great, but its more than what they had before. Pretty sure they put low versions in for classic now if not Kunark. Better than waiting til gates.

edit- Provoke yeah this is the one they get starting in classic. very poopy but its something.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah it's better than chasing the mobs around smashing slam and praying for a proc

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
its not great, but its more than what they had before. Pretty sure they put low versions in for classic now if not Kunark. Better than waiting til gates.
I love playing war, and have plenty of times. Their agro is honestly fine-ish single target early on, especially when you get decent weapons. The problem with warriors is that you are always in a reactive struggle to do your job right for like the first 5-6 expansions. SK/pally are proactively doing their job. It's just a lot easier and better, and even when warriors get okay at the job, SK's and pallies are stellar at it.

If you plan on boxing, having to do all it takes to properly manage warrior agro is a huge hassle. I'd say that a few expansions in, warriors with the absolute best gear are better than hybrids in most situations, but considering that even the MT of the top guild is only going to be rocking top tier gear for a small portion of an expansion, planning on that is just not wise. Hybrids are better in most 'real' situations.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Ok, so, buddy wants to play druid, tjy playing a shaman...

What's everyone's opinion on a good two box to pair with druid and shaman? Lol

SK + DPS?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SK for sure. Something for Mana regen? Bard might be good there. Enchanter is also viable but takes work to be optimal.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
if you want to have 2 FD classes, SK + monk or SK + necro are both very fun combos. With healing potions you don't absolutely need a healer if you're sniping named or doing small camps. Or if you're planning on teaming up 90% of the time anyways but still want to run anywhere you want and FD off trains or FD to afk.