EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I decided this time to be friends with live frogs. It's so nice to just be able to run down to the dead side and not have to deal with the live frogs near the entrance.
When does wood elf illusion come out? I did that on eqmac iirc

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Which one of you is this :emoji_laughing:

EQ000993.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Ive heard more people than not are going to start playing the server when Kunark launches, so you wouldnt be the only one. I imagine the lack of monks at 50 right now are a symptom of that.

Regarding Greenmist, thats not the only weapon that people are looking at. Im between the warrior quested 1hs in Kunark, and the hate blade of the warrior epic - the two are just dominant (since Dagas is a fools errand on this type of server, and the hammer out of VP has wisdom on it and is probably going to sell for a pretty penny too.) Looking at my BIS for the warrior and.. I wont see any major upgrades till VELIOUS* which is pretty cool.

Really looking forward to Kunark and glad its dropping on the 23rd since Im leaving for a week for vacation for July 4th. Just hope its not opening up super late in day (eastern) like some people are hinting at.
It will open at the same time as every other expansion unlock does.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I’ve got an ogre sk cazic worshipper at 50.

Think I’m going to make him my main over the paladin I was leveling until an expansion or two down the line to play paladin.

From my understanding I could race change to Iksar when Kunark comes out. 🤔

I don’t think frontal stun immunity is all that important for someone like me. What say you all? I know it limits armor a bit until Velious, but the regen is nice, AC bonus, Greenmist which I’ve never done before would be ostensibly easier, is epic 1.0 actually harder as Iksar for any reason? I’ve never done SK epic before either and sounds like a fun goal with things being easier on this server.
Frontal Stun immunity is bonkers on SKs you'll really really miss it until instant cast Terrors
CT Ogres can do greenmist, Just requires a Clickie from SoV and a couple of thousand bone chips
You won't be sta capped as a Iksar in Kunark.
You will lose a buff slot in Velious cause you'll still need stam.
You kinda sorta lose Slam. Epic gives 2hb and Bandolier exists.
You lose the ability to wear and click Blood Ember Items which are you BIS in Kunark for most slots and the leg FD allows you to cheat faction on a lot of quests including your epic.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Frontal Stun immunity is bonkers on SKs you'll really really miss it until instant cast Terrors
CT Ogres can do greenmist, Just requires a Clickie from SoV and a couple of thousand bone chips
You won't be sta capped as a Iksar in Kunark.
You will lose a buff slot in Velious cause you'll still need stam.
You kinda sorta lose Slam. Epic gives 2hb and Bandolier exists.
You lose the ability to wear and click Blood Ember Items which are you BIS in Kunark for most slots and the leg FD allows you to cheat faction on a lot of quests including your epic.
Hmm. Good info. That’s a lot to consider. What clickie from SoV? Some illusion ? Can’t do it on ogre until then?

If nothing else I don’t think there’s a limit to race switching, could go to Iksar and then back, ha.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
blood ember arms clicky is also used even in planes of powers. since the buff vampiric embrace is actually better than all your other hp lifetap procs. obviously you use mental corruption where that is better. but in terms of the lifetap buffs, you should be using vampiric embrace for awhile.

• 1Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
With Free Trade you can just make an iksar SK and pass them the items for greenmist quests to do turnins. 🧠

• 2Worf
  • 2Galaxy Brain
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Velious gives BoC, primals, wavecrasher and something off Vulak I'm sure. Not -quite- the wait you think for Luclin.
Luclin is probably where the floodgates will open. There's a lot of shit raids bosses with bad drops... but if they share loot tables with seru/vex thal and shit, lol. That expansion had a lot of weapons, especially knight ones. Top tier stuff will be real expensive still, but weapons a lot better than you'd normally see for sale will probably be pretty cheap relative to other servers if it goes anything like FV.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Hmm. Good info. That’s a lot to consider. What clickie from SoV? Some illusion ? Can’t do it on ogre until then?
There's a faction buff clickie off something in Icewell.

Actually Bobby is probably right on this server you can just have someone else do turn ins for you. The final combine is in the Crypt of Dalnir forge.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Haven't really ever played ogre. But I've been using "Bash" with a 2h weapon since level 1. I thought, cool it's just using "Slam" now for me instead of spamming with me "You must equip a shield to BASH." but I often "Bash" with a 2h weapon for more than I'm swinging for.

When I illusion to DE, I get spammed with the "You must equip shield to BASH" stuff, so it's related to "Slam", but swore "Slam" damage never went more than 5.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haven't really ever played ogre. But I've been using "Bash" with a 2h weapon since level 1. I thought, cool it's just using "Slam" now for me instead of spamming with me "You must equip a shield to BASH." but I often "Bash" with a 2h weapon for more than I'm swinging for.

When I illusion to DE, I get spammed with the "You must equip shield to BASH" stuff, so it's related to "Slam", but swore "Slam" damage never went more than 5.
I always "thought" that the damage modifier for slam and bash were always based off the weight of your off hand, or in the case of the SK epic - the weight of your 2 Hander. Slam hit chance being tied directly to your bash skill. That may be wrong, but I remember looking into it years ago and came to that assumption.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Barbarians, Ogres, and Trolls can use this racial ability to stun the enemy, which interrupts spell casting.
The Slam ability uses the Bash skill if your class possesses it, and using Slam will raise your Bash skill accordingly.
For classes that do not receive Bash, Slam will only inflict 1 point of damage and will never improve.
Slam shares the same cooldown as Bash and Kick

• 1Like

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I posted a bug thread about Slam damage on Rizlona launch. What it is doing is counting the AC of your 2her when you slam. Its all tied together with 2h bash AA. Great coding.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
With Free Trade you can just make an iksar SK and pass them the items for greenmist quests to do turnins. 🧠
I guess I’d probably just want to confirm Greenmist will actually be tradeable and not no drop for some kooky reason. 😜

edit:

this link confirms it’s tradeable on FV

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Yeah GM itself is definitely tradeable, I didn't check every individual component but I'd be surprised if they weren't. The Kly Imprecators in Dalnir was one of the most tedious aspects of it on previous servers but with them being (potentially) randomized because they are rares that might be a walk in the park or a nightmare this time.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
There's a faction buff clickie off something in Icewell.

Actually Bobby is probably right on this server you can just have someone else do turn ins for you. The final combine is in the Crypt of Dalnir forge.
Ornate Velium Pendant. For the first few months of Velious it drops with unlimited charges with instant cast time Alliance. But then it was nerfed by Verant to like 4 charges. Not sure if it was ever implemented on TLP's to drop with unlimited charges on a schedule and then change to limited? Edit: Doing some googling, a few years ago at least on TLP, the charged version dropped, not the unlimited . But hey, that's still enough to help with your quest.

• 1Like

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Any Faceless bros looking for a necro for your Kunark launch static? I missed the server launch static grouping and I'm not having much luck finding a static. I'm off Wednesday - Friday so I'm fairly open on times, but I'd prefer to get some sleep. I can no life it if that's my only option, though. I really regret missing the initial rush and don't want to experience that again because this server has attracted a much larger amount of stupid people than previous TLPs.