EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the GMs serve all the Daybreak Games, games.

TBH this sounds a lot more like how EQ was 15-20 years ago. I have never really played on P99 past like level 10 but my understand that they use their interpretation of the old PNP. I'm gonna assume you refused to negotiate a way of sharing the camp and that's why they suspended you. While i can fully understand why you would disagree with their policy, i can actually understand that policy.

On TLPs i've seen people get banned for being on the receiving end of a train.
I've seen people do something 50 times and for the first 49 times GMs are like i'll allow it, then on the 50th time, boom suspended.
Your understanding of how p99 handles camps is incorrect

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
P99 the staff is corrupt, real eq the staff is incompetent. Those are your choices.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Taken from the #drama channel in Faceless. Not my ticket, but glad to see where Daybreak's priorities lie.

Someone wanna tell those folks that MacroQuest2 = ban and mobs going around a wall to hit someone on a ledge = not an issue?

For reference, this player was warned for sitting up on the ledge on the other side of Royals camp, a place you can levitate to using normal gameplay means.

View attachment 358661
Seriously? A pathing exploit, and you're defending it.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Theyve always done stupid shit like this. I got suspended in classic eq for killing ogre guards in neriak on that little hill with weird pathing.
Yes, banning people for exploiting bad pathing is stupid shit. They always said that they don't like people doing it. it's not suddenly a new thing.

yerm

Bro, they nerfed soloing. Please stop trying to quad and instead consolidate your posts into a single group.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Even Verant would ban you in 1999 for exploiting pathing. Most GMs had a 3 strike policy though and sometimes you could fake being clueless for a mere warning on your first go, but it wouldn't work on the 2nd one.

I remember it was very common to exploit the pathing of certain solo camps back in the day. And fellow Druids or Necros or whatever would teach younger classes these camps, right alongside the pathing exploit you used in case you got in trouble. Then at one point GMs went on a spree to stop it and they went to every corner of Norrath to every camp in every city etc to warn people. At least it happened to me and all my friends on Veeshan.

Was camping the mechanics in Akanon when the green name and sparkly sword scared the bajesus out of 12 year old me. I remember this well because it was my first gm interaction very very early into EQ.

The reason people are acting outraged is because DBG doesn't seem to give a shit and then suddenly they do. There's that cadbro streamer guy that plays an Enc on twitch and he just streams pathing exploits all day in Hate. He clearly isn't worried.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
P99 the staff is corrupt, real eq the staff is incompetent. Those are your choices.
I decided I preferred p99 at the end of the day. It's a place I know will be around forever. So I like knowing whenever my EQ itch comes, I can just log straight in with minimal hassle, and work on my characters or whatever, and there will be a decent population. So far leveling has been a blast because there's always high levels nearby camping guards and city npc. God I missed that.

I thought lots of the corruption got much better?

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember I got banned in 2000 for asking some wood elf if I could stick my peepee in her butt and then /rude-ing a GM. Bunch of corrupt bitches IMO

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I remember I got banned in 2000 for asking some wood elf if I could stick my peepee in her butt and then /rude-ing a GM. Bunch of corrupt bitches IMO
Lol reminds me exactly of my ban. I got a complete ban on my Bard that at the time was worth like $2k, 3rd best equipped Bard on the server after 2 FoH bards, with no previous warnings whatsoever, for saying some teenage edgy shit that was common back then to a Shaman that wouldn't SoW me on one of my alts. I even had my mom call them several times and they refused to unban me. I also had 1 of 2 Robe of the Springs on Veeshan (powerlevel item that dropped from VP, that was nerfed very early into Kunark), which was probably worth another several hundred.

It was definitely not super consistent and some of the GM's had powertrips.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Someone was looking for an ac22 helm that dropped off a named in lavastorm, dunno if it really drops. Ash-Covered Visor

There was some out of era stuff dropping in Lavastorm in the first weekend of server launch. Then they brought all those zones down and stripped the out of era loot from their loot table. Quite a few masks went out from LS, but I dont recall seeing that one ever listed. Very likely someone has one, somewhere. But by now, they are in the hands of people that are going to keep them until they get better.

Some of that stuff is sad that it wont drop till much later - cause Head and Face slot for tanky boi's are really lacking in Classic.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
So this is happening....

Paying 6kr for 1 more Wrapped Deputy illusion on Mischief PST!

Screenshot (73).png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Considering this was their first run at random loot, the system has worked much better than I expected Darkpaw to be capable of. When I saw the spite golem stream I thought this was DOA.

The out of era loot and spite golem issues were fixed pretty quickly. I expected things like that to either be fixed in their monthly patch or left as "working as intended". Future expansions will definitely have similar issues, but it gives me hope that their hotfix turnaround time will avoid this server getting fucked by something extremely broken.

With that, no server issues on launch, server stability since, and the willingness to listen to the community to try something new makes me much, much more optimistic for EQ than I was a year ago.

• 2Like

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Like I said earlier: JChan made EQ great again.
I was really nervous about JChan taking over after Holly left - I felt an engineer in charge of everything(including CS) was not going to go over well. It seemed like it was a rough start, but she is really turning things around for the better and listening to the players. I can say I was definitely wrong about her.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users