EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Noticed EQ got a little rough on me. I found this forum more friendly than my server. They must have gotten pretty high. Lol.
This forum isn't constantly trying to take your camp or think of your mere presence in the game world as a threat to your or their income. I think that's the primary difference here.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
1628002155062.png

• 3Mother of God
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Man I forgot how slow PRE Pop Exp can be. Im like 5 hours in and im like level 7 with my Duo in the field of bone. Uggggh dont want to pop a potion till im in a better spot.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Why’d Faceless X in Virtue change to Greed is Good? I had one alt character in it (I barely play) then logged in for the first time in a while and saw everyone was gone. 😜 Was there some drama or they just decided the name was lame?

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Why’d Faceless X in Virtue change to Greed is Good? I had one alt character in it (I barely play) then logged in for the first time in a while and saw everyone was gone. 😜 Was there some drama or they just decided the name was lame?
Name was probably the worst in the history of EQ, half the time people asked me about FXIV I thought they were talking about Final Fantasy because I legit would forget our own acronym. Also didn't help that the server had 2 faceless guilds due to the splitoff which only confused potential applicants.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Man I forgot how slow PRE Pop Exp can be. Im like 5 hours in and im like level 7 with my Duo in the field of bone. Uggggh dont want to pop a potion till im in a better spot.

The early levels are complete trash. You don't have many buttons or recovery mechanisms. It's a whole lot of auto attacking.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The early levels are complete trash. You don't have many buttons or recovery mechanisms. It's a whole lot of auto attacking.
Yeah, 1-20 might be the worst period of EQ. After that, most classes have at least some of their "basics"(dual-wield, double-attack, a heal/nuke or two, etc.).

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Every time I've rolled up a character late on a TLP I've always quit during leveling. Stabbing yellows with a Fungi on with zero chance of death for 2% exp each hurts my soul.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Name was probably the worst in the history of EQ, half the time people asked me about FXIV I thought they were talking about Final Fantasy because I legit would forget our own acronym. Also didn't help that the server had 2 faceless guilds due to the splitoff which only confused potential applicants.
i exactly thought everyone was talking about final fantasy when referring to the guild.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Seriously though. What group of people put together managed to think that was a good name? Like one quick read of that name and it’s a an easy pass on the name list.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Seriously though. What group of people put together managed to think that was a good name? Like one quick read of that name and it’s a an easy pass on the name list.
The name was made by Krim because Faceless Virtue was stolen the night before launch when I released it to him.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1628033889056.png

For anyone who did the Rat Ears quest, here's the macro I used for regaining the guards faction from the guys in Erudin Palace. This macro will lock Slansin in place while you hand him potions. It worked better than any other macro I tried so I'm passing it along. Also featuring a hot wood elf ala 1999. Get 'er, 15 year old me

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeah I had the same issue with FXIV. Every time I saw it my brain would register it as people talking about FF14, and it'd remind me that I still haven't played FF14...what am I doing with my LIFE

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
View attachment 365314
For anyone who did the Rat Ears quest, here's the macro I used for regaining the guards faction from the guys in Erudin Palace. This macro will lock Slansin in place while you hand him potions. It worked better than any other macro I tried so I'm passing it along. Also featuring a hot wood elf ala 1999. Get 'er, 15 year old me

Even though the inert potions are lore you can put four of them in the trade window with the NPC one at a time and turn them all in. I use one hotkey just with I wish to assist to speed it up and then try to remember to hail. I never bothered to try and completely automate it with some drink birding.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not wasting your time on that weeb bullshit, which is essentially a glorified single-player "MMO"?

I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan and I've finished every other FF game...ever, except 11 and 14. Most of the series isn't weeby, though the later entries have flirted with weebness a bit more, mainly 14. Nowadays 11 seems to be defunct, so I need to at least give 14 a start-to-finish kind of run.

Even though the inert potions are lore you can put four of them in the trade window with the NPC one at a time and turn them all in. I use one hotkey just with I wish to assist to speed it up and then try to remember to hail. I never bothered to try and completely automate it with some drink birding.

That's what I did with the macro above, four bottles in trade before I hit trade. I worked the hail in because over 500 turn-ins (or whatever it ends up being) it's easy to forget to hail and then he wanders off.

So stand next to him, hit macro, hit U, U, hit macro, hit U, U, hit trade. Repeat 500 times. You could also just do "I wish to assist" and hail and rapid-fire spam it and U, but you still have to stop and click trade. Unless you have an autoclicker clicking that spot. Either way it's a tedious quest, and it's a requirement if you want to walk around Freeport in peace ever again after the Rat Ears.

Also for anyone who doesn't know, there's a pre-requisite to this where you have to invis to one of the East Freeport bars and turn in a bunch of stacks of alcohol, though they can be bought from the guy next to the quest NPC. That part of the quest doesn't take too long. That fixes one faction so that you can do the Erudin part. This might only be for evil races, I don't know.

Last edited: