EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Griegs will be a huge source of group gear that will be so common that it'll mostly worthless. I mean it might be worth the effort to put up that spell haste book for 1k plat in the bazaar, but I'm not sure that's a reason to choose where to XP at.
Grieg's has always been one of the top experience spots in Luclin just because of how easy it is to get a group there. It's the next Lower Guk, Sebelis, Velks experience zone that will have a dozen picks open.

The thing that I hadn't thought about was the loot though. Holy hell that is going to be a loot piñata zone. The number of named and their spawn rate is high. Combine that with the random loot feature, and HOLY SHIT this is going to be interesting. I can't wait to see what all is dropping like candy in Greigs!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
To many stun immune in Chardok.

We used to AE sky fire on p99? I think?

Haven't tried it here tho

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
To many stun immune in Chardok.

We used to AE sky fire on p99? I think?

Haven't tried it here tho
Isn't the Skyfire mob density way too shitty for that? Things are spread out a shitload because everything wanders.

Xevy

Log Wizard
On Mangler my group actually had great success AEing Griegs. A lot of stuff is too high for stuns so you actually just cycle AE mezzes and time big AE's (I think it's 4-5 total AE's to kill a mob). Our group was one full group with 1-3 filler people, and then an extra enchanter (2 total) and an extra AEr (wizard and/or mage).

Pulling was tricky but there's a clever use of game mechanics which would allow you to bring all the mobs to you instantly. We'd have a cleric or bard or SK or even a warrior just mount pull a bunch of shit from west side, bring it to a corner in the room, insta-summon it all at once and hit them with a DA, AE mez, start nukes, roll 2nd mez, etc.

Ended up with something like 7.5 AA per hour without pots or bonuses. The only problem with this issue is we got it down to a clear in something like 6-7 minutes so it was reliant on Griegs having a shit ton of pickzones, which early-mid Luclin it certainly will.

Not to mention the loot is much better than The Deep and you don't have chinese botters and PLers fucking with you.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, not sure if sky fire is applicable, but it was novel so I wanted to mention it.

Pulls took a while, we used a lot of bodies, but it did produce.

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
There are millions of mobs in skyfire and they have insane fast respawn timers. I think aoe'ing them is doable if you have a well geared bard pulling.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There are millions of mobs in skyfire and they have insane fast respawn timers. I think aoe'ing them is doable if you have a well geared bard pulling.
Yeah, there's no doubt mob density in Skyfire is crazy, but shit is so spread out with wandering. I mean, a bard makes sense, but even that seems like you'd spend more time gathering than exping. Plus, don't outdoor zones pretty much universally have shitty EXP mods?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Maybe if you had two or three bards gathering, one pack at a time. Skyfire is really bad XP as anyone who has camped shards could attest. I just find it hard to believe it could possibly be better than any other place you could AE.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Aeing anything 56+ results in deaths. You have to either cripple your pull density so you can awkwardly deal with the ae stun immunes or have some weird makeup like a knight who pulls once and then offtanks while others pull etc. Not ideal.

With griegs you just ae the wings and avoid between the gates. Acrylia only a few named are trouble and theyre casters so not so bad. Chardok you can only really do it effectively up top and its just not enough and the pulls are shit. Seb and deep obviously work great. Me is really really close and if you pull super carefully can be wild; 56s are super rare but exist.

The real problem was the ae stun nerf.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Will be +150% exp when luclin releases so expect things to be super packed and anything where mob density is an issue will be shitty

DickTrickle

With 50% XP pots available then as well, some degenerates will get all their luclin AA and be fully banked by the end of that two weeks. 30 picks of Grieg's!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Group 50% pots from ToV/CoV sets work in Luclin.

Enjoy!

Meh, too bad I claimed those on Phinny long ago and never needed to use them. Maybe the game will get level 120 in the future?

Grieg's mobs are vulnerable to Headshot. Even the stronger robed mobs. Especially those. Having 2 or 3 rangers plinking snared/rooted mobs is a complete turkey shoot in PoP.

Until Headshot drops... it's still a good exp zone, just crowded because everyone goes there. Once Headshot is a thing, it's Ranger playground and they can max out AAs soloing there if they want to with zero of the danger of, say, PoN.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Meh, too bad I claimed those on Phinny long ago and never needed to use them. Maybe the game will get level 120 in the future?

Grieg's mobs are vulnerable to Headshot. Even the stronger robed mobs. Especially those. Having 2 or 3 rangers plinking snared/rooted mobs is a complete turkey shoot in PoP.

Until Headshot drops... it's still a good exp zone, just crowded because everyone goes there. Once Headshot is a thing, it's Ranger playground and they can max out AAs soloing there if they want to with zero of the danger of, say, PoN.

No.

Headshot's dogshit

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Shadowhaven was nerfed almost 20 years ago. MIght as well talk about how xp in the grey was before they added the rock traps!
I know it was, but on these things called progression servers, you might have heard about this thing they do where they roll stuff back? Like you know Manastone? That only dropped for like 2 months, and they've added that to some progression servers.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

I know it was, but on these things called progression servers, you might have heard about this thing they do where they roll stuff back? Like you know Manastone? That only dropped for like 2 months, and they've added that to some progression servers.
No, they didn't add that.

Should have used something like guise of the deceiver.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
A lot of the stuff people clamor for them to "bring back" they can't, because the code literally doesn't exist anymore.