EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think we have a better chance at getting old Freeport before a TLP with Kunark+ launch. DBG seems pretty set on having to launch at classic for all those neckbeards who insist on it.

Selo was luclin @ launch, and boy was that a fucking blast. Nothing like beating on emp while literally wearing "bronze breastplate". I think some people even had mage summoned plate.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Selo was luclin @ launch, and boy was that a fucking blast. Nothing like beating on emp while literally wearing "bronze breastplate". I think some people even had mage summoned plate.

I was rocking a LOT of mage summoned plate in Ssra Temple as an SK in those first few days. Lot of scrounging in the dirt and putting together what we could.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
A lot of people were wearing a lot of summoned gear. Lol

The only time I've ever used a lot of those summon gear spells
For casters a lot of that shit ain't bad. Basically meets all your focus needs.

I honestly don't think anything could get me to leave Mischief at this point, outside of a boxing version of it. I'd possibly consider leaving for a boxing FV, but even that I seriously doubt.

Another classic start, despite the ruleset, just sounds like a fucking yawnfest though. Luclin at minimum or fuck your mother.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Classic is still good for that krono farm. Race up to max and sell gebs/planar loot until you amass a few hundred.

• 1Pathetic

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Classic is still good for that krono farm. Race up to max and sell gebs/planar loot until you amass a few hundred.
I think this server (Mischief) it was more Soulfires, Jboots, Peg cloaks and DE masks.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Planar loot was unreal on Mischief. Made more krono than any other method in there. Having it be droppable meant you never had to settle for a low price. Just hold on to everything good and it'll sell eventually.

Not to mention fear mobs were dropping gems by the backpack full, which made being in there even more lucrative.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have a job. I'll pass on classic era boredom just for krono farming's sake, thanks.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Tried Mischief, the QOL stuff that got baked in is pretty nice, but lack of mercs and TSS pretty much made me nope out.

Edit: For now, anyways. Unless someone wants to plevel my ikky necro. :p

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have a job. I'll pass on classic era boredom just for krono farming's sake, thanks.
This. I'm not poor, so the krono market means almost nothing to me, other than the occasional few I acquire due to a rare drop I pick up with my box crew or whatever. Plus, I still have Krono left from the Lockjaw days, when I camped Ancient in OOT like a loser.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I think this is true for most. Most playing have played quite of few TLPs and have aquired krono over time just playing naturally, without really having to farm specifcally for it. The only ones I can see really gung ho about krono farming are the ones selling it for $, as its basically their income. I don't think I could ever turn my hobby into my job, I would end up hating it.

yerm

Ive bought krono when its cheaper than a sub, to use as a sub. Ive made krono and spent it too, but its all meaningless until velious (luclin for casters).

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I know this sounds cliche and dumb. Feel free to mock me.

The game is actually fun at times when krono gain isn't your primary focus, but just secondary.

• 5Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't RMT krono in either direction, but I do enjoy being able to fund my characters in game with them. Also, particular to this set of servers it's also the general currency to get gear. If you can't get past some item that costs 15 kroners is 150 dollars maybe you should be playing on a different server.

yerm

Thats not the hangup. The hangup is wanting classic so you can hoard krono and not wanting to miss that seasonal opportunity for it. Fuck that.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Classic is awesome, I can’t understand the general dislike for it.

• 5Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

It is awesome and it's the closest to D&D in feel. The dislike is probably just because people have done it so many times, as well as burning through everything there is to do on week one. The lack of quick-exp mobs for 45+ outside of OOT at launch is also probably an issue, nobody likes grinding the last few levels slowly on LBs.

• 1Like

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty much why I only stick around for classic or 3 months, which this time was only for 1 month.

I noticed that WOW now has a hardcore buff that you lose when you die. Who was it that did endless Hardcore runs in an MMO.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Where are the best places to grind 65 at launch? It’s been a really long time since I’ve played PoP.