EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Na this isn’t a suspension. The accounts that were used are toast.
from what I'd gathered here, it sounded like the duped plat was already well dispersed between countless smurf accounts, right?
still nice to nab the bad guys, but how much of the duped plat could realistically have been taken out of circulation? not much, I'd bet

Louis

Trakanon Raider
from what I'd gathered here, it sounded like the duped plat was already well dispersed between countless smurf accounts, right?
still nice to nab the bad guys, but how much of the duped plat could realistically have been taken out of circulation? not much, I'd bet
I imagine 0 plat already in circulation was taken out.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I imagine 0 plat already in circulation was taken out.

Now they should not announce (because if they did everyone would hide plat in gems etc) it but just reset everyone's plat to say 10k max one day. That would at least attempt to fix the economy.

• 3Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah no platinum was taken out on Mischief with these bans. The damage is done and I doubt it could ever be fixed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah no platinum was taken out on Mischief with these bans. The damage is done and I doubt it could ever be fixed.

The 2 million baz plat limit is really going to hurt this server, its already showing. No one is going to be selling much loot on the bazaar. It will be commonlands tunnel again but this time in pok.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The 2 million baz plat limit is really going to hurt this server, its already showing. No one is going to be selling much loot on the bazaar. It will be commonlands tunnel again but this time in pok.
The only way you could remove the plat at this point is to wipe all plat abruptly in a downtime, and mark all previous items no-value to prevent spending plat on gems and such to retain value.

It's unfortunate, but a new TLP would be the only way to restore the balance.

I've mentioned it before, but EQ2 most likely still has plat dupes and an abundance of people who will sell Krono. It's a pretty substantial issue that will always affect EQ1.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Now they should not announce (because if they did everyone would hide plat in gems etc) it but just reset everyone's plat to say 10k max one day. That would at least attempt to fix the economy.

That's such a horrible idea. It would be incredibly unfair and I guarantee you'd have more people leaving from that than however many they supposedly lost from the dupe.

You don't punish an entire server because of people who exploited. It's not like this is a day old or something. It would be like punishing non-cheaters twice (first time being the dupe itself devaluing plat).

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I assume the move to 64 bit will enable a new cap on bazaar and other areas.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Shit will still move in the Bazaar, simply because of free trade. What else are you going to do with it? Delete it? 2 million limit only matters for the whales and Kronolords.

The only things that'll trade in PoK only are the "high-end" raid items and only for an expansion at a time. Tunare's sword and Axe of Slaughter used to go for around 7KR shortly before Luclin and I bought mine like a month into Luclin for 29k.

Sterling

El Presidente
The bazaar will always be useful for random stuff nobody wants to bother selling individually, but it's very likely that a decent chunk of the better PoP items will exceed 2M plat while very few did that during luclin. Obviously, all that duped plat had a lot to do with that, but it eventually happens regardless, it just happened way sooner than normal.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
No gems were involved in the hiding of the duped plat. Leave them out of this.

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
It's not even PoP yet and...

krono.png

• 1Worf