EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrysB

Trakanon Raider
Xp/rare spawn/faction bonus is in effect for the holiday. I'll be trying to play a lot this weekend to get some levels. 51 sk and shaman duo. If anyone wants to group up, or a bored higher level.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I was one of the hundred odd people that liked and commented in the Zaide thread about extending relaxed truebox to Mischief, would have been nice to see.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
My poverty guild won a DPS race against Primeveal Might at one of those bard dragons. They had 3 SK’s and not one of them cast a single lifetap. One of them casted Shadow Vortex (lvl 37 AC tap).

Coka

Golden Squire
My poverty guild won a DPS race against Primeveal Might at one of those bard dragons. They had 3 SK’s and not one of them cast a single lifetap. One of them casted Shadow Vortex (lvl 37 AC tap).

That's EU guilds for you mate. Especially on TLPs.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's wild to compare EU guilds in EQ TLP to the ones in DAOC Emu TLPs. I feel like every time I go back to DAOC I am getting my shit rocked by Euros.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Coka

Golden Squire
It's wild to compare EU guilds in EQ TLP to the ones in DAOC Emu TLPs. I feel like every time I go back to DAOC I am getting my shit rocked by Euros.

Even on WoW for years the top guilds were EU (I think most of the top 10 is still EU) EU guilds even managed it on Live EQ once or twice, maybe just once? haha

But the player pool is much smaller these days on EQ, that and they bring out 2 new TLPs a year where some EU guild will rock up and further dilute the pool. I had a look at Primeval Might and I can't at first glance say I recognise a lot of or many of their players from previous TLPs.

It's usually Europa, Rosengard or Darkwind players that make up these guilds.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Oh shit you are still alive! Hope all is well.
EQ is where all the geriatric euros and euros that were somehow born without a competitive bone have congregated. WoW, CoD, fifa, SC2, etc is where all the driven ones went.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even on WoW for years the top guilds were EU (I think most of the top 10 is still EU) EU guilds even managed it on Live EQ once or twice, maybe just once? haha

But the player pool is much smaller these days on EQ, that and they bring out 2 new TLPs a year where some EU guild will rock up and further dilute the pool. I had a look at Primeval Might and I can't at first glance say I recognise a lot of or many of their players from previous TLPs.

It's usually Europa, Rosengard or Darkwind players that make up these guilds.

It generally used to be server resets on Live heavily favoured EST so while the average EU guys were tucked up in bed shit was taken down.

I remember it going in our (EU) favour for a while on Drinal during PoP and half the server lost their minds that we had the audacity to take down their farm mobs.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It generally used to be server resets on Live heavily favoured EST so while the average EU guys were tucked up in bed shit was taken down.

I remember it going in our (EU) favour for a while on Drinal during PoP and half the server lost their minds that we had the audacity to take down their farm mobs.
I remember the opposite on live. Euro guilds got everything that spawned from the end of pst raid time all the way until the end of their raid time, which was like 2/3rds of the day. If you had any competitive Asian guilds then things got dicey, but I don’t remember many of those.

This of course applies only to mobs that actually required a raid force, anything that was 2ish group able could be killed by pretty much anyone since there always seemed to be at least that many that didn’t have jobs in every guild.

• 1Solidarity

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been playing quite a bit, and one of those that prefers the older models to that of Luclin. That said, seems like a lot of the armor post PoP doesn't leverage the velious textures on old models. Any of you guys know of a way to force referencing armor to a specific texture file? To be clear, I'm not asking how to enable Velious textures, rather map said textures to newer armor. Figure there's gotta be a reasonable way to do this w/ the EQ mod servers out there. The old textures are nice, but I love that Velious art. Be nice if I could modify this, even if its just client side. Probably a long shot, but if anybody knows it'd be here I figure...

EDIT: Nvm. found a way.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Been playing quite a bit, and one of those that prefers the older models to that of Luclin. That said, seems like a lot of the armor post PoP doesn't leverage the velious textures on old models. Any of you guys know of a way to force referencing armor to a specific texture file? To be clear, I'm not asking how to enable Velious textures, rather map said textures to newer armor. Figure there's gotta be a reasonable way to do this w/ the EQ mod servers out there. The old textures are nice, but I love that Velious art. Be nice if I could modify this, even if its just client side. Probably a long shot, but if anybody knows it'd be here I figure...

EDIT: Nvm. found a way.
Please share your method

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Please share your method

Lemme know if you cannot reach/view this: EQEmulator Forums - View Single Post - Velious Armor Textures

TLDR is that you're replacing two of the armor files w/ what is linked in this post. It's a hacky workaround. Neither dynamic or elegant, but it achieves the desired result. With each 'pack' you can essentially choose between either of the two sets for each armor class. As said it's not elegant, so if you wish to change to the other set, you'll have the replace the files w/ the desired pack in a new session. Lemme know if there are any questions

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Lemme know if you cannot reach/view this: EQEmulator Forums - View Single Post - Velious Armor Textures

TLDR is that you're replacing two of the armor files w/ what is linked in this post. It's a hacky workaround. Neither dynamic or elegant, but it achieves the desired result. With each 'pack' you can essentially choose between either of the two sets for each armor class. As said it's not elegant, so if you wish to change to the other set, you'll have the replace the files w/ the desired pack in a new session. Lemme know if there are any questions
I wonder if this approach could be used to bring back my barbarian's velious helm graphic.

jUGywjH.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wonder if this approach could be used to bring back my barbarian's velious helm graphic.

jUGywjH.jpg
I've just always been amazed that for as long as EQ has been out - I rarely see anything that tops Velious armor. Much less the general armors that classic and Kunark have. Its like the Luclin models killed any possibility of better armors. But then, we have the god awful cash shop armors that look absolutely hideous.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

jUGywjH.jpg

i may be mistaken, so I’m throwing this out there as an unverified response but I wondered the same thing and saw someone talking about this very subject in POK OOC chat. Supposedly insidious ornaments facilitate this? Again I haven’t tested, and the answer wasn’t confirmed but it’s worth looking into if you have 50k or whatever they cost on the bazaar

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
i may be mistaken, so I’m throwing this out there as an unverified response but I wondered the same thing and saw someone talking about this very subject in POK OOC chat. Supposedly insidious ornaments facilitate this? Again I haven’t tested, and the answer wasn’t confirmed but it’s worth looking into if you have 50k or whatever they cost on the bazaar
sounds like fake news to me!

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

jUGywjH.jpg
Ogre and Troll helm for the win imo.

I truly hate most of the Luclin character models. I especially hate the ogre and troll models from Luclin. It's no because they are just horrible models, but more so it is because they are horrendously nothing like their original models. The original class ogre and troll models are awesome. Yes they are blocky, but it is a specific artistic style that I believe is a million times better looking than the luclin models.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'd love to hear the story on how all that model stuff happened. It may be kind of a sensitive thing because artists can be a bit snowflakey.

If you look at the concept art though, the luclin models are closer. I still way prefer the old though.

My guess is the sports people did the originals.

I'm working on a tool to import / export character stuff but I probably won't get it working for another year at the rate I'm going.

• 1Like

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Ogre and Troll helm for the win imo.

I truly hate most of the Luclin character models. I especially hate the ogre and troll models from Luclin. It's no because they are just horrible models, but more so it is because they are horrendously nothing like their original models. The original class ogre and troll models are awesome. Yes they are blocky, but it is a specific artistic style that I believe is a million times better looking than the luclin models.
Yeah those two plus iksar. They look so bad. The rest are so so, but they all look so stiff.