EQ TLP - Next Server Ideas

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
At this point, what could Daybreak do to actually get you back in to yet another TLP server?

This was being discussed in the Vaniki thread, but it was getting buried, so I figured why not give it a home. If an admin wants to merge the posts from that thread over here, that would be cool.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Achievements. I like the carrot on a stick aspect like Vaniki had. Give me some account wide achievements that I can use on any current or future server. Mischief was fun for awhile but I hit burn out pretty hard on that server due to the random loot so I felt like I could never miss a boss.

Even if they did a classic start normal server, it would be cool if they finally made the newer classes available from the start. Or a Kunark start.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Nothing!

Martin Luther King Jr Protest GIF by GIPHY News

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Solo Self Found Perma Death (SSFPD) - TLP Event Server:
  1. Outside buffs do not land on the character
  2. Outside heals do not land on the character
  3. No trades
  4. Grouping disabled
  5. No Bazaar (in SoL and beyond)
  6. On death, character is reset to level 1
  7. Keeps a leaderboard of top 10 levels reached for each playable class
Event server runs for 8 months, and ltop 3 of each class leaderboard get some sort of prize (DB cash, whatever).

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've wanted Path of Exile style challenges/achievements plus rewards for years and I hope that doesn't die with Vaniki. They've already got everything they need to implement seasonal rewards. They just need to do it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
  3. No trades
  4. Grouping disabled
Event server runs for 8 months, and ltop 3 of each class leaderboard get some sort of prize (DB cash, whatever).

IBTR

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

3. No trades
  4. Grouping disabled
Should disable tells and in game chat of all forms, , amirite? I mean, if you know a train is coming, that's an invalid run right there!

Oh, and to make it even more appealing to DPG, definitely remove krono and marketplace purchases. No external advantages after all!

I wonder how many extra servers they'll have to open on launch night because of the queues. 10?

• 2Worf

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Should disable tells and in game chat of all forms, , amirite? I mean, if you know a train is coming, that's an invalid run right there!

Oh, and to make it even more appealing to DPG, definitely remove krono and marketplace purchases. No external advantages after all!

I wonder how many extra servers they'll have to open on launch night because of the queues. 10?
That would be stupid, but I get that you're just being sarcastic, so .... meh.

DickTrickle

That would be stupid, but I get that you're just being sarcastic, so .... meh.
In all serious, a server with no grouping doesn't sound like a very great investment. This is EQ, ffs.

You could simply have this functionality as a flag on the character and run it that way as an option for all servers, complete with achievements and server and global leaderboards or some such shit. Seems more appropriate and potentially useful than having it be limited to a single TLP. I don't think the appetite for what you're suggesting is great and would be way worse off than Vaniki, population wise.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mischief 2.0 with everything fixed so no WW dragons dropping BoC's, ect. But also not as much loot per boss - 1-2x is fine. Getting 4x loot from a boss was overkill IMO.

Also starting in Luclin.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
  3. No trades
  4. Grouping disabled
That might be the absolute worst idea I’ve ever seen expressed for a TLP

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Selo base but with normal lockouts and double loot. Relaxed (or just no) truebox from day 1.

Relaxing truebox helps casuals more than hardcores, who either laptop it up or have workarounds. Double rares and faction were excellent for casuals on selo, while half lockouts were brutal. Double loot instead effectively means 2x raid but 4x group level loot drops.

My last ask probably won't happen... but... remove minimum player requirements from all content. Just fuck right off needing 3 for ldons or 6 for anguish etc. It's a trash holdover from an era of poor designers trying to shoehorn people into mandatory grouping and who cares in todays antisocial age of boxing and high level autistic smurfing.

• 2Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For an event server I would like to see some change that forces you to play the game differently, Vaniki was pretty good in that regard.

I think a single-race server could be interesting, say one where you can only make dwarves and there's a dwarf-themed account-wide claim for beating each expansion. Beating Nagafen with nothing but warriors, rogues, clerics and paladins is an actual challenge when you don't have rebalanced shamans, monks or int casters to carry you through classic.

It's something that's probably easy to implement requiring minimal new code and could be repeated with different races seasonally.

• 2Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
The best thing I can think of would be a chaos server where every class/race combo goes. Also, you can corrupt items like in path of exile to either brick them or create potentially insane versions of items. Like an SSoY with 2 extra dmg, 4 less delay, 5sv all or something or it could turn into a rusty short sword...rip! Everything is tradeable except epics etc. Maybe raid targets have an extra random mechanic that changes each spawn...like maybe naggy DT's now or he has cazics aoe. Could get pretty interesting maybe.

Last edited:
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
In all serious, a server with no grouping doesn't sound like a very great investment. This is EQ, ffs.

You could simply have this functionality as a flag on the character and run it that way as an option for all servers, complete with achievements and server and global leaderboards or some such shit. Seems more appropriate and potentially useful than having it be limited to a single TLP. I don't think the appetite for what you're suggesting is great and would be way worse off than Vaniki, population wise.
I could definitely get behind a character flag for that with achievements connected to it.

I don't see this as a server that continues on beyond one year. That's why I called it a TLP Event server. I saw it as an extreme challenge kind of event server. It's not a server you would spend tons of time on. It's just a server you login to and see if you can get your character another level with out dying on nights when your guild is not raiding on your regular server.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ssf as a server concept is a wasted idea. Better off investing in infrastructure for people to acquire paid-for or rented private-access servers. The only ssf idea I saw that seemed to really have any steam was because of a bounty system.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
+100% Haste, Spell Haste, and Movement Speed server.

For NPCs too

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users