EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I'm a big dummy.
bought a membership, bout the middle Packs kit with 2x40 slot bags.
made my shaman, and claimed both bags.
realized I forgot to increase my AGI to 75, and I proceed to get absolutely slammed by every mob in Feerrott.

one of the packs is heirloom, so I think I can pass that over to another character via the shared bank, but the other bag and all of the potions (except for the resurrection potions) are no drop, so they're stuck on my original shaman.

Anyone got an idea for how to resolve this? Should I just continue leveling that shaman despite the initial AC deficit?

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I'm a big dummy.
realized I forgot to increase my AGI to 75, and I proceed to get absolutely slammed by every mob in Feerrott.

one of the packs is heirloom, so I think I can pass that over to another character via the shared bank, but the other bag and all of the potions (except for the resurrection potions) are no drop, so they're stuck on my original shaman.

Anyone got an idea for how to resolve this? Should I just continue leveling that shaman despite the initial AC deficit?
Contact customer support? They might be able to help.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm a big dummy.

Just continue leveling. Should be able to get a Serpentine Bracer to fix the agility before too long, and probably pretty cheap (100p to start, I'm guessing) since they drop like crazy once people get into the 40's. It isn't even a waste of a slot because you get that Burning Affliction II out of it as well. In the meantime group up and you won't have to worry about tanking.

• 1Like

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I'm a big dummy.

I also recommend that you continue leveling. Feet like Cat should help ...

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm a big dummy.

Not sure if you're serious, but that agi is pretty much meaningless and re-starting over it is completely pointless

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Jasker

Brown officer title, just like Kaige
im not sure if those numbers you just said mean its a high pop or low pop? care to explain

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There's a specific breakpoint at 75 that can be meaningful naked at level 1 if you're a Troll or Erudite.

If you're min/maxing level 1 you're trying a bit too hard. By the time you create a new char with the various loading screens, setting up UI, and getting back out there you'll have wasted far more time than what a few agility is going to do for you at those first couple of levels.

They also get an agi spell at level 3 if its that big of a deal to them

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
If you're min/maxing level 1 you're trying a bit too hard. By the time you create a new char with the various loading screens, setting up UI, and getting back out there you'll have wasted far more time than what a few agility is going to do for you at those first couple of levels.

They also get an agi spell at level 3 if its that big of a deal to them
thanks for all the feedback and perspective. you're right, of course.

I was grouped with another lvl 1-2 shaman last night and watching myself get 3-shot by mobs that he could stand up to, and i was certain a lot had to do with the below 75 Agi hit to AC.

Of course that will be mitigated with gear sooner or later, but I don't have a static, I'm a casual dad who will take forever to get to tyhe point where I am lvl 40 and can afford a Serp Bracer.

After last night's experience, I was panicking.
I'll tough it out and group more.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, I think the whole <75 AGI thing is a bit of a myth, or at least is with modern EQ (maybe P99 is different). When Dzarn or someone from the EQ team gave the extensive breakdown on AC, there was nothing about a penalty at less than 75. There is a small bonus that gradually increases with agility that starts at 75, but it'd be the same as going from 75 to 80 according to that.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Of course that will be mitigated with gear sooner or later, but I don't have a static, I'm a casual dad who will take forever to get to tyhe point where I am lvl 40 and can afford a Serp Bracer.
Dude that bracer is cheap as shit. If you can't get to a point to afford that then idk what to tell you. You also have agil buffs...you're a shaman.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does anyone have working old format maps for SEQ, or a working version of this new 3.0 client? New version just crashes constantly and spits out VScode errors - old ones load fine but the maps aren't compatible it seems

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, I think the whole <75 AGI thing is a bit of a myth, or at least is with modern EQ (maybe P99 is different).

1685050212992.png

If these characters had a couple levels, some gear and some defense skill the differences would be even more pronounced going from 70 to 75. For many, many years if you entered game with 70 agility you had one armor class naked and every bat had your number.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
What is going to kill you at level 1 is pulling a level 3 yellow con vs a level 2 yellow con. Early on, a 5 to 6 will con the same and one you will win and one you will lose.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
31 or 32 hours to 50 is an excellent time. Does anyone know how long it took for a group to hit 50 on Yelinak?

edit - damn, looking like more 28/29. That's blazing fast.

Last edited:

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
ive done bard, druid, sk starts on TLP... going ench this time.

i know ench's power during classic-oow but man idk if i wanna charm in groups.

whats the best solo melee class that wouldnt have issues getting a group?