EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
We LITERALLY had a GM that quit tell us that mass botters were protected by higher ups. Ain't no tinfoil anymore.

I've always stuck to my theory that the big boys are selling back Kronos to DBG overlords at a much smaller rate (think $3 each) so it pushes normies and people to pay DBG the full price from the store.

Whenever money is involved you can expect shady business and corruption. I've sold thousands of krono and had even more run through my accounts. I've seen some shit :emoji_money_mouth:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think devs or anyone can print krono. That shit goes through financial reporting. A dev can run a gangster style racket over known rmters and get cuts, or maintain accounts that bot or whatever, no problem. They can likely print some in game stuff but that's gotta be super obvious, like they can do it, but near guaranteed get caught if abused.

The guys flipping in ec or selling loot rights aren't likely connected. The guys who run giant bot armies on truebox and never get shitcanned? Hard not to imagine some dev connections...
Whoever runs the books can print Krono all they want til they get caught. And for awhile the books were being run by foreigners who wouldn't have had any consequences even if they did get caught. Legitimately if they were smart enough it's "why not?" All it takes is one nephew of one oligarch to say "hey these stupid Americans are shooting themselves in the foot by not sanctioning this shit, why don't we just make RMT official?" and bam new industry.

I mean what's his nuts from Trump's cabinet started out as a WoW plat seller right?? Surely some guys in the political sphere see the opportunity. Probably not a lot of rich guys jumping on it or anything but absolutely easy to see how someone could have played that situation to get a little richer and get AMERICAN currency.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Surely it's a drop in the bucket compared to their entire income but absolutely there are people milking that shit somehow haha

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Whenever money is involved you can expect shady business and corruption. I've sold thousands of krono and had even more run through my accounts. I've seen some shit :emoji_money_mouth:
If you're not going to actually confess/make up anything, stop shitting the thread with "teehee I know so much!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
If you're not going to actually confess/make up anything, stop shitting the thread with "teehee I know so much!"

I can tell you that, for a fact, there have been 'old guard' folks that see people boxing 24-48 players at once and just say, "Wow! That's neat! How do we get them to keep paying us while also having normal players play still?" - because at the end of the day, Daybreak and other companies are businesses. They exist to make money.

It's rare you'll see a company sabotage its bottom line like that. It's why MacroQuest isn't outright bannable and has this whole, "Well, is it affecting another player directly and being used to grief them?" policy on whether or not someone using MQ2 gets removed.

It's rare someone actually just bypasses all MQ2 protections anyways, they have proven before that they can ban for stuff like MySEQ, especially if it's just a 2 week suspension, since they know you'll be back playing after the suspension anyways.

If you're boxing 24 or 48 characters, doing so in isolation and not hogging up a zone that gets frequently used, they have zero reason to ban you if all you're doing is generating profits for them and keeping to yourself. They'll let the RMT of Krono slide as they know it's a finite supply. Eventually, someone will just buy directly from Daybreak.

If they get tired of you or you push their limits in any way, they can just ban you forever and strip people you've sold to of their Krono after a short suspension, and all of that Krono is suddenly out of the market, forcing more people to buy from them.

If there's any shady business going down, it's not with the finance itself, but with inconsistently enforced rules, because that's absolutely industry standard. When I've seen that done, CSRs are generally operating on their own or with direction from the top, and developers may not even fully be in the loop, depending on their interest in knowing that sort of info.

Most engineers/designers/etc aren't really invested into customer support as they see it beneath them; it's their job to just assume everything works as it should, and outside of that, management might direct them to change their design/code/etc based on customer support events. But those are rare, and generally, if it's making them money, it won't be touched until money is endangered.

Devs just want their paycheck and to go home. They don't give a fuck beyond that what joe shmoe is doing, until they find a design / code dupe, and then they'd have to get involved.

Stuff like the duping exploit directly impacts their bottom line to an extent - if no one can afford the baseline price and one individual is pumping too much plat or items into the economy, that directly fucks with established norms. So they're likely to ban a duper and fix their exploit, but not ban a 24-48 boxer, as one is infinitely times more useful being unbanned for them than the other.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

To be faaaaaaaaaaair, you said something about what a creep DiamondKrono is and then when I asked for more info you didn't make with said info.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not going to give any secret deets to a bunch forumbros.

There is a lot of silly stuff that goes on though. In the beginning it was like --I'll be running my box army and I'll notice some of my drones disappearing.. I go to their screen and see several messages from a GM thats not in the zone(they do this to bypass MQ alerts). I shoot them a tell and let them know that I'm here and in control, just missed their message, please stop teleporting my drones away =p

Then usually the GM will start talking to me and they go away. I know quite a few of them and have good rapport.

The reality is they don't care. They are looking for people not at their computer. After the first couple times, the GMs don't even bother me anymore. They don't message me, they don't mess with my characters, nothing. They know me and know I'm always going to answer them.

Is there top level corruption going on? Not really. At least not in the way you're imagining it. There's definitely shady shit going on though, and it involves employees.

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
I guess they know you're at your pc when you're warping across velious :)

PS: can you botters please use the strippers in neriak on a cheer macro as a bind point instead of spreading them out over the zone. Would be great for immersion!

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am pretty familar with almost every source of krono going through EC Tunnel and I am not aware of any krono dupes or just krono coming out of nowhere right now. There is apparently an active plat dupe/exploit but those krono are pretty easy to track and its limited right now.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am pretty familar with almost every source of krono going through EC Tunnel and I am not aware of any krono dupes or just krono coming out of nowhere right now. There is apparently an active plat dupe/exploit but those krono are pretty easy to track and its limited right now.
What is the kronolords take on that mischief dupe
Awhile back?

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
What is the kronolords take on that mischief dupe
Awhile back?

Did not affect most people who farm krono as pure plat is not how they get their krono.

Main issue on mischief is it really messed with selling any dropped loot on the bazaar as it limited the amount you could get. Krono went to 500k within a few weeks o 2 million or 4kr was the bazaar max for an item. This really messed with normal small sellers and got alot of attention. Mischief even to this day is feeling the effects on it.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
From: EG7 Q4 2022: Revenues are up thanks to mobile as LOTRO sees ‘mainstream resurgence’ | Massively Overpowered

1677525296192.png

Seems like EQ/EQ2's 64bit port might have been them testing how a 'work for hire' team would operate, along with the other integration.
That also explains who 'Daylight' is - the name of their work-for-hire outfit, the EQ/EQ2 teams have been mentioning 'DL' as the people doing the 64bit upgrade.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Did not affect most people who farm krono as pure plat is not how they get their krono.

Main issue on mischief is it really messed with selling any dropped loot on the bazaar as it limited the amount you could get. Krono went to 500k within a few weeks o 2 million or 4kr was the bazaar max for an item. This really messed with normal small sellers and got alot of attention. Mischief even to this day is feeling the effects on it.

Amazing how destabilizing a plat dupe is even if it's limited in who is doing it. That whole thing kinda ended my time on Mischief

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Wait, the plat dupe is STILL active?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
krono dupe or anyone at daybreak making krono is extremely unlikely. Krono are basically giftcards in terms of accounting and those are audited and tracked closely. Duplicating them is a go to federal prison level crime not a haha you got fired from your GM job level crime.

The only possibility is confiscating krono from banned accounts and selling those but I doubt even that happens because your finance department is going to know that destroying krono in that way means you can drop it straight to the bottom line and be watching for it.