EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The big problem is that EQ is filled with 387 different systems from 290 different expansions, all packed into a UI from 2000. So, even if new players wanted to try out an "old school" RPG, the game does a fucking godawful job about guiding you through itself, unlike WoW, FFXIV, ESO, and most "modern" MMOs. But hell, even WoW is starting to suffer from this a bit as well.

When it comes to TLPs, I think you could attract a lot of these "retro" gaming, Gen Z, hipster fagboys with an "authentic" version of EQ. However, all that code and that version of EQ doesn't really exist.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Last year we got the infos for Vaniki and Yelinak at the start of April not like that means anything.
And based on a quick google search, Mischief was announced on 4/26. probably just one of those weird autsy EQ forum shitposts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Theyve released the rulesets 4-5 weeks before launch for the last few years now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
It's a trickle not a flood and probably doesn't match the outflow but it's still a thing.
As the population ages and dies out, the ones that remain have more access to disposable income. We will just keep spending our retirement on additional laptops to fill in the void of players with boxes. If DB was smart, they'd get get into the commodity hardware business and package boxing machines along with a month sub.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I am going to go for the Hail Mary here and say that we see the ruleset this month.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Classic start with 4 month unlocks, and Vaniki 2 with one more cheevo added for every level raise and no other changes

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Vaniki 2 Electric Boogaloo confirmed?

hamster-dance.gif

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm guessing Mischief clone with some slight variation. Faster unlocks maybe? Relaxed true box?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah just a guess on my part so don't read too much into it. Server ideas are always evolving :)

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fast unlocks, FV loot.

2 month unlocks are already fast ;(

IMO
- FV loot no bonus no random 2 month unlocks
- FV loot bonus random everything boe 2 month unlocks
- Mangler copy flag and key free server 2 month unlocks

I really have no idea, I just know if they do two servers one should be somewhat normal and the other can be weird but not as weird as vaniki as it sucked

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The feedback on double loot has been loudly positive despite the small turnout there. I would be surprised if they don't replicate that idea. People seemed to really enjoy the more cooperative outcome. My guess then is they try that double loot winner with some selos like server (post-classic but pre-pop start, faster unlocks).

As big of a hit as mischief was, I'm not sure they'll turn that entire concept (fv and random and extra loot) into a regular thing like phinny. Maybe a non fv where the random is bonus and you always get normal, maybe fv and not random, something like that. I just don't get the impression that full mischief is gonna be a regular/annual occurrence.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Put me down for Selos / Free Trade / Double Loot

I'll be a wizard, Mage, Ranger, or Bard. Haven't decided yet.

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wish they would do a 6 or 8 week even, fast unlock though, if they go that route. 4 weeks seems a bit too fast.

I think a 4 week classic and 6 week unlocks from there on out, would be about right.