EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rajaah, I’ve got nothing but respect for you. I was referring to Frenzic. =>

Oh, now things make a bit more sense. Yeah I only wish I had Kronos to Lord. I could play for free with multiple accounts for a couple years thanks to my Vaniki work at least.

I know it would be gamebreaking, but I would love something like Classic, but you can slowly earn AAs (like actual slowly, not EQ2 get all AAs in one sitting speed) just by exping with friends, etc. Just some progression at level cap aside from praying to raid loot RNJesus.

Making all AAs purchasable at 50 would be reaaaaally interesting. I imagine it'd take ages to earn them when the top zones are like OoT and Hole and you're fighting mobs at the 50 kill rate. A ton wouldn't be usable until later, like enhancements to certain spells/abilities. But it'd be interesting to see what lengths people would go and what effect it'd have on the game.

Just getting tank defensives early would be game breaking I think, imagine a Warrior at 50 with Combat Agility 37 or something. If they had the hundreds of hours it'd take just to get that alone. I'd love to get an early start on AAs and have something to work on at max levels, probably help with attrition too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, I would never rely on something like this as my source of employment and the GM thing is a big part of that. You could get an entire box operation shut down in an instant and lose God knows how much accumulated krono.

I don't know how this discussion turned into "lol $87k is nothing" and "this is a terrible thing to do for work" though. I don't know what Frenzic's circumstances are but he makes more than the average American does in low wage jobs, and I myself wasn't ever talking about doing this as a job. Just "I'm gonna spend a ton of time in the game for a month or a couple months like I usually do, perhaps I should try monetizing all those man hours and do something new".

I'm very intrigued with turning the game into an RTS to begin with and that'd lend itself to things like farming that could be easily monetized for an added meta-game. I might not even do any of this. Not sure why people are like, on the attack about it.

Comes down to how much time/work are you putting in for that.

If it's 16 hours a day and all you do, then fuck that. If it's just a few hours and you have automation set up somehow, then it's significantly less shitty.

I can't imagine it's in any way/shape/form "fun" though. And like Zaide mentioned, definitely something to be embarrassed and ashamed about

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any server that is locked is DOA. And if it starts at PoP, that’s a shit ton of money DBG loses out on.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Any server that is locked is DOA. And if it starts at PoP, that’s a shit ton of money DBG loses out on.

The only reason to not do free trade with at least some random loot mechanic bolted on to get those degenerate neurons firing is because you think it's going to limit options later. Shit, maybe Mischief/Throneblade have retention numbers good enough that they can go another year without a Mischief clone.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Miragul didn't go anywhere and there's a PoP locked choice on the server select screen. I'd be really surprised if they went with a PoP start server versus trying something off the wall or copying something that already worked.

I wonder about the feasibility of doing an Agnarr 2 server at this point in time, then merging the original into it a month into PoP. Could be pretty lively if marketed right. I'd rather see a new idea for an event server using that same concept though. Maybe a Kerafyrm server that starts in TSS and locks in SoF. They might appeal to niche markets but could be interesting to see play out.

Comes down to how much time/work are you putting in for that.

If it's 16 hours a day and all you do, then fuck that. If it's just a few hours and you have automation set up somehow, then it's significantly less shitty.

I can't imagine it's in any way/shape/form "fun" though. And like Zaide mentioned, definitely something to be embarrassed and ashamed about

I don't think I can play anything for more than a few hours at this point in time, too restless. A server launch is pretty much the only time when I can try to power through in an extended session. I go crazy playing any one thing after about 6 hours at the most, usually more like 2. Some stealthy automation and maximizing smaller amounts of time would probably be how someone like me did things.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I just had a dumb idea. Maybe if I make snazzy art of new race/class combos it will inspire desire for these combinations.

What would be a good pet for a high elf beastlord?

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I just had a dumb idea. Maybe if I make snazzy art of new race/class combos it will inspire desire for these combinations.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 13-46-18 ChatGPT.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Those are all kinda big and flashy. I was thinking a panther? Putting any animal in seems to only cause the beastlord to sprout extra animal ears though. I blame weebs.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
After Mischief I cannot play without free trade anymore. Live is even ruined for me.

No more group content bitch gear for my boxes no sir.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you think you can do krono farming as a full time job then you are fooling yourself. Its not easy, its not constant for most people and it can be taken away at a moments notice. Its also highly competitive right now more than it has been in years.
Live EQ at release can be extremely lucrative. I can roll in and start farming anything anywhere, the collection items sell especially well. In the last expansion I earned an absolute massive amount of plat. Taking into account the time spent earning/selling it, I *might* have cracked minimum wage. :D

What's funny is that as a well-paid person who loves EQ I keep accruing plat. I don't want to spend it on krono for subs because I value the ~4million plat that I'll never spend more than I value the $15 or whatever a month of a sub is.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Live EQ at release can be extremely lucrative. I can roll in and start farming anything anywhere, the collection items sell especially well. In the last expansion I earned an absolute massive amount of plat. Taking into account the time spent earning/selling it, I *might* have cracked minimum wage. :D

What's funny is that as a well-paid person who loves EQ I keep accruing plat. I don't want to spend it on krono for subs because I value the ~4million plat that I'll never spend more than I value the $15 or whatever a month of a sub is.

Should still spend it on Krono to protect against inflation.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
No luck with cougars. Here's a lion with a creepy face by the front legs.

Kinda has a kate hoof almost
00431-250303096-masterpiece_1.3, best quality_1.3, realistic realism, blonde hair, (beautiful ...png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Cat, treant, bear, scaled wolf, crocodile, and whatever ogres have are the current beastlord theme. So what follows in that pattern and is also elf-ish?

I'd say a bird of some sort, like an eagle or a small Hippogriff model. Lion could also work but it might be too similar to the tiger.

Any major reason you want high elf to be the race besides playing as one? Maybe there's another race more in-tune with nature. Can frogs be bsts? They could have a frog warder, maybe at low levels it has a tadpole model.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is this AI generated or did you find it / make it?

I'll be in my bunk.
The filename is 00431-250303096-masterpiece_1.3, best quality_1.3, realistic realism, blonde hair, (beautiful ...png

This is AI generated.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
AI yes. Stable diffusion. Eagle might be good!

I'm trying to do monks now and keep getting extra arms and manglefingers

• 1Like