EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Which one of you is Jestor Rodo?

No one remembers your EQ boomer references, grandpa.

1680210287009.png

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No one remembers your EQ boomer references, grandpa.

View attachment 466627

He was one of the very first people I learned of back then that made me come to the realization that former EQ players can be some of the straight up weirdest mother fuckers on this planet. These people are in their own unique little universe of batshit crazy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
In 2011 rodo did his last video called Nathan's newsstand where he unmasked the clown make up and looked like Alex or George scotto. He talked about his cancer prognosis. He because a political troll on FB attacking trump.2019 then he dideappered

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
A daemon is a background accent/service in a computer system, hence a better term for being in a simulation.

That reminds me of how I discovered the Mailer-Daemon and how weird it was. In 1997 or so I was reading a guide on Gamefaqs or whatever the equivalent was back then. There was a major error in the guide and the guy said to email him with any corrections or additions, etc, so I did. His email address was ademon @ something or other. In the guide it said to send things to "mailto ademon @ something" and me being a kid, thought that was his email. So I sent an email to "mailtoademon". Then I got the returned mail from Mailer-Daemon and it was the first time I'd seen anything like that.

What the the fucking odds that I'd see that for the first time when sending something to...basically that same exact weird assemblage of words? Maybe Teh Simulation has a sense of humor.

How do you feel about Jasker? You two come across as like minds.

Not sure when Zaide's EQ thread turned into Retard Rickshaw II. DBG needs to drop some actual news on us quick.

What blue haired version of d&d is this?

Neutral evil was the grey wastes homey. No such thing as "daemons"

The Grey Wastes ARE Hades, homey. It was called Hades in D&D 1st Edition, then "The Grey Wastes of Hades".

It's one of the five evil planes (Hell/Abyss/Hades/Tartarus/Gehenna) and inhabited by Daemons. And again I'm not sure what the difference is between "daemon" and "demon" in D&D since they seem pretty similar outside of being different alignments. Seems kind of redundant, IDK. I guess they didn't want demons controlling two planes.

The biggest and baddest daemon is probably Anthraxus.

Looks like there's a Pathfinder reddit thread about daemons.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This thread went full retard.....

You're probably not talking about me, but either way at least I'm talking about EQ-adjacent stuff. Been doing lore dives on D&D lately for Baldur's Gate and so forth.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It’s what happens when nerds read fantasy books to the exclusion of history books.

I read a great deal of history and even background watch/listen to history docus and podcasts. I'm fucking weird too. It must be something else!

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
My lady says that the announcement will be made on April 9th.

Two servers:
  • Server 1 - Classic start with all classes playable, truebox, and free trade/random loot
  • Server 2 - 1 character per server, perma-death, faction-based pvp, items show up in shared bank slot for your new character when last character dies
Enjoy.