EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy shit. Look at that. I've still got the most replied to thread (non-pinned) in the Veteran forum! Suck it bitches!

For the record, there were some really nice ideas posted in that thread, and some actually got implemented in the game. So... in a way... I am responsible for EQ being a better game today LOL. You can send your kronos to me now.

That's unsurprisingly true. People think that that streamers get uber numbers, but reality is that the small number of people that actually have a following get less than 10 viewers on average per stream, and those people are considered to be doing good. The vast majority of streamers get like 0 average viewers lol.

I think my maximum at one time was around 70 due to you crazy people on here trolling me. Thanks by the way, you got me to affiliate status by doing that LOL! My real average these days is around 3 viewers with spikes upwards of 25 at times. I stream a ton (like every night) for many hours a night, so my average is really low seeing as the majority of that time, it's like 1 or 2 people. Then during my peak times, it goes up to between 10 and 15 usually.

Those people everyone sees on the main page with thousands of viewers, that is a microscopic number of streamers. I also wonder how many of those are actually paid bots watching their streams.
Who are you on the streams?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

The_Super_Adventure_Club.jpg

"The Golden Rapiers! We travel the world and have sex with children!"

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The best (worst) part is that this brings WoW style splits to EQ. Imagine when there are actual completive guilds on a server (lol not this one) where you are expected to do alt splits of each DZ and funnel all your drops to your main.

Why run PoT once when you can run it 6 times on the same class and funnel all your drops to your main? What could possibly go wrong? The splits will be even easier since you can pass all the accumulated gear between alts for each run.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
i checked all the live servers, no old characters anywhere to be found.
what's the value of the veteran account?
Disregard, you used to get Veteran Reward abilities based on the age of your account. Looks like they waved the all the restrictions ...

Game Update Notes: March 11, 2020

- In celebration of EverQuest's 21st anniversary we have made Veteran Reward abilities available to all players!
- - The restrictions that limited the number of characters that can activate these abilities have been removed.
- - The requirement that your account must be active for 1 to 15+ years has been removed.
- - On progression servers, these abilities will continue to unlock starting with Dragons of Norrath up through Veil of Alaris.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who doesn’t want to run six or seven of the same class per account to maximize your loot potential on split raids?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The best (worst) part is that this brings WoW style splits to EQ. Imagine when there are actual completive guilds on a server (lol not this one) where you are expected to do alt splits of each DZ and funnel all your drops to your main.

Why run PoT once when you can run it 6 times on the same class and funnel all your drops to your main? What could possibly go wrong? The splits will be even easier since you can pass all the accumulated gear between alts for each run.

There were TLPs in the past that had guilds that would have wanted members to have alts for split raid gear funneling but I don't think EQ has the energy left for anyone to try and mandate it. I'd expect to see some effort to make extra runs at Vyzh'dra the Cursed for Bloodfrenzy and for some "guild within the guild" style drama as people get excluded from unofficial farm sessions but not much else. Anyone that would be about going super hard already went super hard a couple of times by now.

Lockouts tied to characters instead of accounts plus gear mobility would have been cool things for Vaniki as a way to encourage guilds to tailor compositions for specific challenges but that server also needed it's challenges to not be so half-baked.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Who doesn’t want to run six or seven of the same class per account to maximize your loot potential on split raids?

"Guys, you need to make alts so we can do more raids and gear up our tanks" - Warrior Guildleader

If the exp bonus for each max level character was bigger and general server exp faster you might be able to hook people but regular TLP exp rates and a 10% stacking bonus per character won't get the job done. It needs to be like 20/50/100. You get some real numbers in there and everyone will give serious consideration to maintaining multiple characters.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Mabbu tapped out. Unless there are major changes or a parallel server with a different ruleset he's not leading the guild and is skipping the server entirely. I don't know how willing his crew are to go forward without him. If they all bounce I'm not sure the server is even going to have a batphone guild.

Yep, still a lot of interest in that discord but probably won't be the typical Vicious crush all competition at all cost attitude guild on this server, so it got even more casual friendly. Golden cucks are another semi known TLP guild planning to roll on the server.

He may cool his heels and change his mind (doubtful) or someone else steps up and runs it, time will tell.

I'm sure people are joking about Rapiers, but seriously don't waste a moment of your time on those shitters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
Yep, still a lot of interest in that discord but probably won't be the typical Vicious crush all competition at all cost attitude guild on this server, so it got even more casual friendly. Golden cucks are another semi known TLP guild planning to roll on the server.

He may cool his heels and change his mind (doubtful) or someone else steps up and runs it, time will tell.

I'm sure people are joking about Rapiers, but seriously don't waste a moment of your time on those shitters.

To be fair, there's many reasons why there is no incentive to run an OW guild at all with that servers current ruleset, so I wouldn't blame Mabbu for opting out of doing it.

1. One thing that's generally true for the top OW guild and something that makes things a lot faster is the fact that you usually have a lot more than a full raid there. With FTE, no one outside the main raid will be able to contribute other than throwing out heals/buffs.
2. OW will already be a single player game anyway, not a guild one. Any small guild with at least 1 person who is dedicated enough to watch spawns and pay attention will be competition.
3. I do think a lot more people will make alts on their main account with this ruleset, and eventually I think you will see guilds raiding the same zones 2-3+ times over in a week.

That's just a quick 3 off the top of my head of why I wouldn't consider an OW guild on that server if I still played and I'm sure I could come up with more if I was putting thought in to it.

Just seems to me like this servers ruleset is going to be much more fun in a guild that's only doing a 42-72 man type roster.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
To be fair, there's many reasons why there is no incentive to run an OW guild at all with that servers current ruleset, so I wouldn't blame Mabbu for opting out of doing it.

1. One thing that's generally true for the top OW guild and something that makes things a lot faster is the fact that you usually have a lot more than a full raid there. With FTE, no one outside the main raid will be able to contribute other than throwing out heals/buffs.

Just /yell

I wish we had a proper FAQ.

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
Just /yell

I wish we had a proper FAQ.

It's not been guaranteed yet to my knownledge that /yell will render exp/loot, although I haven't kept up to date on any thing they've posted outside the FAQ. My assumption is that it would based on the other part of the FAQ mentioning race, but as someone pointed out EQ2 has the same unlock feature and it does not result in exp/loot. If their current plan is for it to still give exp/loot, it's also something I could see them changing to the EQ2 way before release.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wait so in eq2 if you yell it just poofs the mob when it dies and everyone gets fucked?

That sounds awful so that's probably going to be the design.

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
Wait so in eq2 if you yell it just poofs the mob when it dies and everyone gets fucked?

That sounds awful so that's probably going to be the design.

That's what people were posting, but I'm not 100% sure on it. I haven't played on EQ2 in a few years and don't remember how that even worked.
Even if they decided /yell will do unlock and still give exp/loot, I still think the fact that OW will be a single player game is enough to dissuade many from wanting to run an OW guild.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit. Look at that. I've still got the most replied to thread (non-pinned) in the Veteran forum! Suck it bitches!

For the record, there were some really nice ideas posted in that thread, and some actually got implemented in the game. So... in a way... I am responsible for EQ being a better game today LOL. You can send your kronos to me now.

That's unsurprisingly true. People think that that streamers get uber numbers, but reality is that the small number of people that actually have a following get less than 10 viewers on average per stream, and those people are considered to be doing good. The vast majority of streamers get like 0 average viewers lol.

I think my maximum at one time was around 70 due to you crazy people on here trolling me. Thanks by the way, you got me to affiliate status by doing that LOL! My real average these days is around 3 viewers with spikes upwards of 25 at times. I stream a ton (like every night) for many hours a night, so my average is really low seeing as the majority of that time, it's like 1 or 2 people. Then during my peak times, it goes up to between 10 and 15 usually.

Those people everyone sees on the main page with thousands of viewers, that is a microscopic number of streamers. I also wonder how many of those are actually paid bots watching their streams.

I can't imagine streaming to zero people night after night, that must get really demoralizing for people starting out (or more so if they've been doing it a while). Always wanted to try it (I could do Stupid SK Tricks or something like that), but unless one has got a built-in audience I don't really see the point. I'm fine being on-camera but it's still not something I want to do by default at home to an empty room. I guess everyone who streams has to go through that though and hope that they catch on in some way.

Maybe faking it until you make it is the way to go, buy a bunch of bot subscribers to artificially bump your page up so that people actually see it and real viewers begin accumulating. I've seen plenty of clips of high-viewer streams where the chat was hardly moving, so who'd know the difference?

I can't really talk though, watching streams is like the last thing I feel like doing at any given time, outside of maybe watching a Vtuber. So if I'm not watching anybody I wouldn't expect anybody to watch me, kind of thing.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can't imagine streaming to zero people night after night, that must get really demoralizing for people starting out (or more so if they've been doing it a while). Always wanted to try it (I could do Stupid SK Tricks or something like that), but unless one has got a built-in audience I don't really see the point. I'm fine being on-camera but it's still not something I want to do by default at home to an empty room. I guess everyone who streams has to go through that though and hope that they catch on in some way.

Maybe faking it until you make it is the way to go, buy a bunch of bot subscribers to artificially bump your page up so that people actually see it and real viewers begin accumulating. I've seen plenty of clips of high-viewer streams where the chat was hardly moving, so who'd know the difference?

I can't really talk though, watching streams is like the last thing I feel like doing at any given time, outside of maybe watching a Vtuber. So if I'm not watching anybody I wouldn't expect anybody to watch me, kind of thing.

You basically stream with little to no interaction, just doing what you normally would no harm in streaming. Then you upload your hours-long streams to youtube, maybe get a dozen views a year or some nonfactor, but whatever. Not really much work involved. A decade later someone talks a bunch of shit on the internet and you video prove no actually you did get stomped racing me, or you did get caught in 4k warping, or you did leave 3 sets of corpses at murkglider queen... whatever. You are now a king. Or, maybe, just maybe, some random recording is really funny or memeworthy and gets shared and 10,000 views and your youtube goes from 10 to 500 subscribers and your twitch goes from 90 to 9000 followers and like 3 subs which is like 7.5 bucks for you which is a bunch of soft tacos!!

Or you just do it as a hobby you can show friends or shoot the shit and not really care who watches if anyone because twitch is kinda meh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
You basically stream with little to no interaction, just doing what you normally would no harm in streaming. Then you upload your hours-long streams to youtube, maybe get a dozen views a year or some nonfactor, but whatever. Not really much work involved. A decade later someone talks a bunch of shit on the internet and you video prove no actually you did get stomped racing me, or you did get caught in 4k warping, or you did leave 3 sets of corpses at murkglider queen... whatever. You are now a king. Or, maybe, just maybe, some random recording is really funny or memeworthy and gets shared and 10,000 views and your youtube goes from 10 to 500 subscribers and your twitch goes from 90 to 9000 followers and like 3 subs which is like 7.5 bucks for you which is a bunch of soft tacos!!

Or you just do it as a hobby you can show friends or shoot the shit and not really care who watches if anyone because twitch is kinda meh.

Before coming to the TLP's I hadn't played eq since 2001, funny enough i learned about the eq tlp's from clicking on a random twitch stream of a guy streaming EQ on the ragefire server launch. I had no clue EQ even still existed. He only had a few viewers. Can't remember his name off top of my head, but I checked on his stream a few years later and he was streaming some other MMORPG with over a couple thousand viewers.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Before coming to the TLP's I hadn't played eq since 2001, funny enough i learned about the eq tlp's from clicking on a random twitch stream of a guy streaming EQ on the ragefire server launch. I had no clue EQ even still existed. He only had a few viewers. Can't remember his name off top of my head, but I checked on his stream a few years later and he was streaming some other MMORPG with over a couple thousand viewers.

It was probably Cohhcarnage. He's the only popular streamer who I know returns to EQ every now and then.