EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just assume everyone is a tranny or hooker and play accordingly. I've been right a couple times here...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Lawl, ain't nobody on that server as it is hardcore enough to do any of this stuff. It'd take an AoS vs OGC type "go for the throat" battle with the same kind of people to make that kind of effort.

Oakwynd will have a hot launch from people trying it and within a week it'll be a substandard population TLP, sustained by the people who want to run classic again every year (which is admittedly a lot) before petering out in six months or less and being declared a failure like Vaniki was.

A very reasonable set of predictions.

Anyone who wanted to go mega hard on an EQ TLP probably has a couple times by now. Leveling up alts to run more splits to funnel gear to your main is going to be a ton of work without it really being in service of anything. Anyone with that kind of time and energy already gets stuffed with loot. If you juice your main it's still one character. You can do whatever can be done with a single character. Someone that really likes the idea of having a bunch of geared alts has to have gotten their fill on Mischief/Throneblade. Tons of free trade loot is way, way better than some account bound bonus loot.

Rather than being a big step forward like the introduction of AoCs on Phinnegal or a free trade bonus loot TLP like Mischief this is just going to be some incremental quality of life improvements. If one of the splits on raid night is riding the struggle bus it'll probably be easier to get them some extra help as more people will probably have some side character because why not. It will be a lot easier to coax people in to bringing Insert_Needed_Class_Here to a raid if they can still bid for their main. Put all your relevant gear in a 40 slot, put the 40 slot in your shared bank, swap to your Druid, put on all that shit, go buff the raid that has no Druid, bid on all the Monk items for main. Any item someone is assigned or buys or whatever is potentially available for every other character that player ever makes. That's good shit with a lot of useful applications but again I just don't think the energy is left for people to go bananas with this. This would have been good on Vaniki to making it easier to tailor comps for specific challenges.

I'm not sure this server is even going to have a premier raiding guild but other such guilds in the past were pretty strict on approved targets in era. You were not allowed to race without approval and not allowed to take down current raid targets. Even with old content that was FFA pains were made to keep guilds from forming within the existing guild. If you've got your big batphone guild that's doing all the content and enough of those members have alts to run an off-hours split you may have just inserted a wedge between them. The meta for alt raids has typically been to take as few humans as you can running as many characters as you can swing. These get cliquey really fast and that's with people doing last expansion's content. If in Velious the cool kids are doing a bonus ToV each Wed that's just instantly a problem and a problem that I can see people walking right in to given the unique rules of Oakwynd. Hey you can't refuse guild members if you've got space, fuck that we don't want to play with that retard, well then you can't do the raid, fuck you yes we can (alts all drop guild), drama drama drama. Have something ready to go for that before launch is what I'm saying so you aren't making shit up on the fly. Everyone hates shit being made up on the fly.

Sterling

El Presidente
That's exactly what I expect could happen, until time or anguish kills everyone. You can run potime every day if you have 7 rangers on the same account, always get ranger loot, and always funnel it to the ranger you are playing that day. I don't think the passion is there to do this, but the potential is.
I mean I'm sure there's someone out there that's excited to run Deathknell 8x a week. Or Imagine how many times you could run Korafax and Tower in SoD!

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I mean I'm sure there's someone out there that's excited to run Deathknell 8x a week. Or Imagine how many times you could run Korafax and Tower in SoD!

With "hard mode" instances factored in... 16x Korafax and 16x Tower per week!

I like Muramites and those zones more than probably anybody else here and I wouldn't touch that raid schedule with someone else's dick.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I’m out of the loop but just found out vaniki has any server claimable challenge items (infinite 10ac 50hp 40sta stat food for killing CT at 40, west wastes port item for yelinak at 50). Gonna roll up and try to get those done on a few chars I think. The other ones seem to be too high level to care about, but should be able to get 50 pretty quick with mercs

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
A boxed alt is so much of a force multiplier that no xp bonus is ever going to be worth giving up boxing for it. The game is about more than levelling, there's drops to farm and quests to do and a box makes all of that easier (or even doable). Druid ports and tracking alone are worth the price of admission for the first few expansions.

4 Letters

GDKP

Think about it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So I’m out of the loop but just found out vaniki has any server claimable challenge items (infinite 10ac 50hp 40sta stat food for killing CT at 40, west wastes port item for yelinak at 50). Gonna roll up and try to get those done on a few chars I think. The other ones seem to be too high level to care about, but should be able to get 50 pretty quick with mercs

They have to be done in instances, no OW kills for some reason. So no mercs. Might be able to do the 40 and 50 cheevos with a few boxed characters and high-level logistical support (if it lets you) but I dunno if I'd bother.

Needless

Toe Sucker
didn't these cucks acknowledge people thought the rules sucked ass and said they'd address it? wheres that info ya fucks

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
didn't these cucks acknowledge people thought the rules sucked ass and said they'd address it? wheres that info ya fucks
All I know they said in response is in Oakwynd Information and FAQ | EverQuest Forums where they didn't really acknowledge or address any of the FTE complaints. The test server's integration of those features was unsurprisingly pushed back.

7keirx.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Not getting this to Test right away does not build confidence. Even if it's terrible, doesn't work and everyone hates it there won't be any time to reverse course. That may be the point. The threads on the official forums all cooled. General guild chatter seems low. It looks like everyone believes they're getting exactly what they've been told they're going to get.

The FAQs for the last couple cycles came out at the end of April (Mischief) and the start of May (Vaniki) so I'm hoping we get that pretty soon. A little glitter sprinkled on the perks for expansion would be nice as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If they wanted people to play more chars then they should have made some sort of char linking mechanic across accounts. This way they could acutally use the bonuses and DB would benifit from more people actually paying for more accounts.
Yeah I said this years ago. If they came up with some sort of interface to link up to 6 accounts and control them all via this interface, they would have made a killing. I mean there is other 2nd party services that try to do this, but they are still cumbersome and difficult to set up.

Why would they not want more single players paying for multiple accounts? Its free money.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The optimal play is to skip until the 25th anniversary next year. You'll want to be fresh as a daisy for Mischief 2 Electric Boogaloo.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Well I ordered one of those 4 way LG 43" monitors that a lot of trueboxers use, so I'm locked into playing something somewhere, will definitely play on this server in some fashion.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Well I ordered one of those 4 way LG 43" monitors that a lot of trueboxers use, so I'm locked into playing something somewhere, will definitely play on this server in some fashion.

Details? Model number?

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The optimal play is to skip until the 25th anniversary next year. You'll want to be fresh as a daisy for Mischief 2 Electric Boogaloo.

I am starting to think they wont ever do another Mischief 2.0 because of all the exploits it brought. Its been the most exploited server in a long long time and its still coming up with new ones weekly.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have any Goss/Intel on some chode named Kindran, was involved in a guild named Legacy in Progress on Yelinak that folded in short time. Now he is going full Atabishi and claiming that he will lead the "premiere" guild on Oakwynd.

• 1Like