EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah in classic you definitely need to tank as a ranger. Snare/flame lick is your bread and butter. This is assuming you are in a regular group and not the meta enchanter/cleric carry group.

Rangers are really underrated in classic. Good utility, top tier aggro for tanking, and solid DPS.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
200 (83).gif

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rangers have solid aggro in classic and everyone being naked means there's no huge AC gap from gear. Can easily tank 1-50 and any extra mana being expended on healing the Ranger is countered by not having to heal half the people in the group constantly because the warrior can't hold aggro.

TLDR make the warrior pull and tank with the Ranger until the Hole.

I always get either a Ranger, SK, or Paladin to tank for my static, if I'm not playing SK. I never have a Warrior tanking during the static rush, not ever. Out of those 3, Ranger is a totally legit choice. More DPS than the others. SK is better if you're lacking a dedicated puller, but if not, Ranger's solid.

Im over the hill these days but trying to keep up.. So no one else doing anything on this shitpile?

What's up man. A bunch of us were considering it, but it might be too shitty of a ruleset. Everybody's back and forth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Is that Ogre or something else?
What's up man. A bunch of us were considering it, but it might be too shitty of a ruleset. Everybody's back and forth.

Ogre guild appears to be a non starter unless something changed in the last week and a bit.

Golden Roosters appears to be one of the only guilds atm with any kind of history, they aren't hardcore but they were successful for a long time on Mangler and were never very far behind the "top" guilds.

Each to their own I'll be doing something on this server, working on Vaniki stuff in the meantime to gather some claims.

Meanwhile Vicious be trolling as he usually does.

1683436202454.png

He's not wrong, that Kindran dude claiming they are going to be the Premier guild based on one failed attempt at running a guild on Yelinak.

thats so raven trippin GIF

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Some of you guys are way too focused on only playing with a guild that has some EQ lineage you can trace back to Phinigel or something like that. It's dumb. There's plenty of guilds on every server besides the top dogs who can clear content just fine (and usually with way less drama) -- certainly in the classic to PoP era. Sure, if you want to bat phone it's usually only one option (maybe FTE will change this), but if you just want to get your loots every week, you don't have to have TLP royalty leading you, especially at this point when so many people have played multiple TLPs. 5-10 guilds on Mangler would be clearing the expansion with a week or two (depending on the expansion) and it wasn't because they kept failing the fights but because they didn't do 24/7 raiding/keying at the start of an expansion.

And based on my time being in the top guild (at the time) on Mischief, being in a guild that isn't filled with stressed out leaders, narcissistic players, and cliques that will gladly screw over other guild members is nice.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
G Greyman Faceless is doing an Emp kill on Vaniki this month if you still need that achievement and want to join. Requires you to be level 55.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I always get either a Ranger, SK, or Paladin to tank for my static, if I'm not playing SK. I never have a Warrior tanking during the static rush, not ever. Out of those 3, Ranger is a totally legit choice. More DPS than the others. SK is better if you're lacking a dedicated puller, but if not, Ranger's solid.
Played SK a bit on Aradune to get ready for Mischief and played a Warrior on Mischief. SK's and Pal's are way better for obvious reasons, but a well played Warrior that actively seeks out the best gear he can get for his level is no slouch in a group either. Its just more often than not, the person playing a Warrior is a fucking retard that has the self awarity of a fucking door knob.

But this is also why I want a server that has agnostic gear. A Warrior that could equip Rogue daggers in classic EQ would get aggro non-stop and have their DPS jump wayyy the fk up there.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some of you guys are way too focused on only playing with a guild that has some EQ lineage you can trace back to Phinigel or something like that. It's dumb.

Nah bro

We just wanna see that super guild Faceless Rapiers from the Asylum.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't think it's so much about wanting to be in a guild with a pristine lineage as it is not wanting to get blindsided by a toxic freight train if you ever show up to do something in open world. The rules look like they could create all manner of opportunities for people to be fucks should the population, drive and desire manifest themselves. When Ogre first declared their intent one of the questions you'd have to ask yourself was if it made more sense to join something like that or deal with it on the other side. Now that they've pushed pause it's harder to chart a course.

The side-issue in all of this is next year is the 25th anniversary. It seems likely that there will be some interesting shit for that. Next April when Oakwynd is in Lost Dungeons of Norrath we're going to get that announcement and the server is just going to fucking die on the spot. If you really like Oakwynd you're going to get fucked when everyone else bails and if you were playing but want to swap you'll be staring down the barrel of Classic and Kunark. Again.

• 1Like

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Racers will hit max level inside 24 to 48 hours ... the competitive and casual core will get there in a week or two. I still recommend waiting on a guild, just keep an eye on the server-wide raid boss kill announcements.

Be a consistent player, be sure your Discord setup is solid and you have a decent microphone, do not be that asshole that shows up ten to fifteen minutes late for raids, etc.
Play the class you think you will enjoy, healers will always be welcome, and non-insane / substance-abuse-free Clerics will always be in high demand.

Just be cool till 50 ......

pulp fiction tarantino GIF

• 1Like

Elaida

Trakanon Raider
Even if i were inclined to make a guild, as stated above Oakwynd would not be the server for it. What for? So we can collectively reroll in a year? No ty. I need to scratch the itch so ill be joining someone elses guild but make no mistake, if the 25th servers are solid like we all assume they will be, im on the first thing smoking off Shitwynd.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

RonTheDude

Silver Squire
I don't think it's so much about wanting to be in a guild with a pristine lineage as it is not wanting to get blindsided by a toxic freight train if you ever show up to do something in open world. The rules look like they could create all manner of opportunities for people to be fucks should the population, drive and desire manifest themselves. When Ogre first declared their intent one of the questions you'd have to ask yourself was if it made more sense to join something like that or deal with it on the other side. Now that they've pushed pause it's harder to chart a course.

The side-issue in all of this is next year is the 25th anniversary. It seems likely that there will be some interesting shit for that. Next April when Oakwynd is in Lost Dungeons of Norrath we're going to get that announcement and the server is just going to fucking die on the spot. If you really like Oakwynd you're going to get fucked when everyone else bails and if you were playing but want to swap you'll be staring down the barrel of Classic and Kunark. Again.

I agree here. I just want fun people who get stuff done. The wrong people make playing a headache even if they are successful. I'm personally looking for a static and direction on class to play since I like most of the classes.

Even if i were inclined to make a guild, as stated above Oakwynd would not be the server for it. What for? So we can collectively reroll in a year? No ty. I need to scratch the itch so ill be joining someone elses guild but make no mistake, if the 25th servers are solid like we all assume they will be, im on the first thing smoking off Shitwynd.

I think that's a lot of us. The rules seem like they will solve nothing and actually make things worse, but we feel like playing early EQ again.