EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Xevy

Log Wizard
So it's faster than the zone you need to run to, then key for, then get a camp at? I know seb keys don't take long these days but keying a full group then going to Seb (also a shit zone) probably takes an hour just to get into camp.
Takes about 20 minutes depending on your dps and your cheating ability. There's something like 10-15 hunters and foragers up at any given point for the most part. Picks of Trak's Teeth do pop up as well. I mean any camp in Kunark is going to take at least 5-15 minutes to get to regardless of keying, that's why we just pregrabbed undead tower and sat there. Kunark unlocked at like 5:00:59pm so I we hit our 51 20 seconds after it unlocked while most people are fucking with the L-O-L transportation system.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1684899320582.png

Will he be up at launch y/n?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think OOT Goblins is better exp than The Hole as long as you're charming Zoo and have the island to yourself. That said, The Hole is a much more fun, better loot, doesn't make you want to kill yourself and ofc if the Hole is open then you aren't going to have OOT to yourself anymore anyway.

Hole undead should completely demolish oot all to yourself. This presumes you have a necro and they are hasting whatever the high dps mob was, forget if it was rogue or sk one. I am assuming a good faith argument here of 1 nec at hole and 1 enc at oot, or 1nec1enc hole and 2enc oot. The hole group should massively crush the oot group unless they are being cowards. Again, assuming allure for oot, assuming nec haste for hole, assuming equal charms, etc.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Hole undead should completely demolish oot all to yourself. This presumes you have a necro and they are hasting whatever the high dps mob was, forget if it was rogue or sk one. I am assuming a good faith argument here of 1 nec at hole and 1 enc at oot, or 1nec1enc hole and 2enc oot. The hole group should massively crush the oot group unless they are being cowards. Again, assuming allure for oot, assuming nec haste for hole, assuming equal charms, etc.
That just wasn’t my experience when we did it because mobs in the hole died too slowly and naked leveling rush characters were too weak, odds of dying every time charm broke at an inopportune moment were high. Fwiw we didn’t get down to undead tower, I think we did like docks or w/e that camp is.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Docks vs undead would be a bit different esp as you near 50. I think only thing 50ish in docks is the golem, which has mega hp. Lot of elementals there, which are lower. Undead are about same level as golems but are a bit less beefy. I think those skeletons in the gy are a little lower, like 45 or 47? But otherwise level variance is much tighter.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That just wasn’t my experience when we did it because mobs in the hole died too slowly and naked leveling rush characters were too weak, odds of dying every time charm broke at an inopportune moment were high. Fwiw we didn’t get down to undead tower, I think we did like docks or w/e that camp is.

Sorry I only meant undead. The rest of the hole is weak xp because elementals aren't great and golems are really terrible. With undead you can throw around a far superior haste on already higher dps pets and not deal with chonky golems.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
If anyone still hasn't bought backpacks, apparently now you jsut need to buy the bigger pack and you get both. I ended up with two claims of the other one becaue i bought both but it's lore (it didn't used to be this way did it? I swear I remember buying both on all the other servers?)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If anyone still hasn't bought backpacks, apparently now you jsut need to buy the bigger pack and you get both. I ended up with two claims of the other one becaue i bought both but it's lore (it didn't used to be this way did it? I swear I remember buying both on all the other servers?)
It's been like this for a while.

You can put one in the shared bank.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Did they ever change the bags you can buy, or can you buy them again if you bought them on the last TLP?

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
gonna gay it up as a wizard and tflux staff tag all the hill giants with my daybreak cash 4 hour SoW !!

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
cant that be done by any class though? its not wiz only?

The Staff of Temperate Flux is only usable by Wizards. If you look at the item it's the "Can Equip" part of the tag that is the clue that it is class specific. "Any slot" means you don't have to actually equip it to use it.

edit - in game the click part will be in red if you can't use a thing, if it's not red you're good to go

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Necro or Mage to farm stuff. Then Ranger most likely. This is my big plan. Probably will quit after a week though.

• 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
Necro or Mage to farm stuff. Then Ranger most likely. This is my big plan. Probably will quit after a week though.
quit after a week come back in kunark when fungus are a krono, play for a week, come back in luclin when BLs are out, play for a week, come back with POP, never play it again

this is the way

• 1Like