EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
this is the dude who spent his entire day sitting in a non-combat area asking for groups and is then whining on the forums about how boxers ruined EQ.

Meanwhile the boxers logged in on Saturday morning, got their shit done with plenty of time to go outside and touch grass.

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
this is the dude who spent his entire day sitting in a non-combat area asking for groups and is then whining on the forums about how boxers ruined EQ.

Meanwhile the boxers logged in on Saturday morning, got their shit done with plenty of time to go outside and touch grass.
I don't know, look at his head. I think he faceplanted in some grass, at least.

• 2Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker

yeah that's definitely what all the degenerate whale balding boxers on twitch definitely do kek

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea but I'm just normal American fat, not EQ fat

You're approved for 2 boxes. Come back when you can't talk for more than 3 seconds in a stretch and we'll consider allowing a full 6. Any more than that will require proof of inability to wipe without assistance or a broken chair.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did Frenzic just come out of a 10 year coma or something?

Yea my bad, I kind of forgot about these forums. I've remained active in my "activities" though. I only really get vocal when I'm competing in a raiding guild :)

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Why does this look like the gnome from WoW's official illustrations with the goggles on?

1688158039469.png

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I had the opportunity to chat with Qwalla recently. She’s the developer who was behind the majority of the Oakwynd ruleset (everything except Encounter Locking). Sharing it here since it’s a bit topical.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had the opportunity to chat with Qwalla recently. She’s the developer who was behind the majority of the Oakwynd ruleset (everything except Encounter Locking). Sharing it here since it’s a bit topical.

When are you going to have the Navy Seal on your podcast?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider

Do you play the game? I loved the response. But, she has some bold ideas, and I think that is what is needed. I think her wanting to put that thing she mentioned into the game since they don't stop it and just about everyone uses it, sounds like a good idea, whatever it is. Hopefully you get some more folks at DBG to sit down and chat with you.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Do you play the game? I loved the response. But, she has some bold ideas, and I think that is what is needed. I think her wanting to put that thing she mentioned into the game since they don't stop it and just about everyone uses it, sounds like a good idea, whatever it is. Hopefully you get some more folks at DBG to sit down and chat with you.
Yeah I think it’s going to be a reality in the future that most new EQ devs and designers are not going to be real players. We are at the point where most EQ players are old enough that if they’re in the industry they occupy more senior positions and so probably wouldn’t be applying for random openings at Darkpaw.

That said, EQ players have hated EQ devs since 1999 so maybe that’s a good thing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker

did they curate the questions at all? good episode, i figured you'd ask about krono on mischief when she mentioned economy breaking exploits LOL

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
did they curate the questions at all? good episode, i figured you'd ask about krono on mischief when she mentioned economy breaking exploits LOL

As much as I would like to hear the reply on such topics I dont think it would have made sense to ask it. They are a dev and have to be careful talking about exploits and they generally have little idea what the customer service team is doing. The question would also likely put them in a awkward situation where they might say something wrong and get them in trouble.

If you want to talk to devs in the future you just have to stay away from such questions imo.

Needless

Toe Sucker
As much as I would like to hear the reply on such topics I dont think it would have made sense to ask it. They are a dev and have to be careful talking about exploits and they generally have little idea what the customer service team is doing. The question would also likely put them in a awkward situation where they might say something wrong and get them in trouble.

If you want to talk to devs in the future you just have to stay away from such questions imo.
yeah i definitely agree there

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah questions had to be curated. Lots of follow on and conversational questions were improv though.

• 2Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah questions had to be curated. Lots of follow on and conversational questions were improv though.

Do you know if devs have to get approval before going on shows like this? Like from HR or JChan maybe?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
If someone speaks to JChan can we just get Agnarr moved out from behind the pay wall? That would be my ultimate EQ wish atm. lol

• 1Like