EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vaultek

Molten Core Raider
What's the status with Jboots and Guise of the Deceiver? Are the boots the quest or Najena drop and is the mask All/All or back to BRD/ROG?
The Guise at least is still inventory clickable by non BRD/ROG. Dropped off assassin.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
-Forgotten Halls is the new starting zone. All amenities should now be in the starting zone.

-Flagging has changed. You can access any zone now except for Plane of Tranquility. NPCs that you are not flagged to kill will kill you instantly on aggro instead.

-NPC scaling has been revamped. We now use latest PEQ stats for all NPCs and scale their damage, health, mana, endurance, and stats down by percentages.

* All NPC have their stats reduced by 28%.

-Reagents have been removed as a requirement from all spells.

-General Merchants should now only sell generic items in the starting zone.

-All items that do not have a price value on them are now attuneable, and attune as soon as they are looted. You can use the Unattuner NPC in the new FHalls Starting Zone to unattune an item for 2000 platinum.

-Bard modifiers have been adjusted to have modifier + 0.4 for each of the spells.

-Enchanter characters, when charming an NPC, will now grant the NPC an 50% increase of base stats instead of the 28% reduction that the server has globally.

-Bosses are generally weaker than 28% less than PEQ stats to account for their already high base stats.

-Spells above 50 now have to be found or purchased throughout the world.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Secrets said they are reverting back to the old Hub. New one sucks anyway. Way too cramped.

They are working on lots of bugs atm.

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
So for someone who has never played EQ, is this something to ease in to or will it be hard for me to understand wtf is going on?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So for someone who has never played EQ, is this something to ease in to or will it be hard for me to understand wtf is going on?

Having never played this might be hard to get into, but if you want to dive in this is the server to do it on.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Unrelated I am currently leader of Rerolled guild, if anyone else wants it PST!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
This last update broke both my spell sounds and effects. All other sounds work like before.
I checked all the options and ini files just in case but it appears to be related to spells_us.txt when I copied it over during the last patch.

Is it just me? Am I missing something obvious?

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Have they fixed raid drops this time. Last two versions of this server had a ton of issues with raid mobs not dropping the correct amount of stuff...especially vex thal. Sunlights lispy ass got so mad about it back in the day.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This last update broke both my spell sounds and effects. All other sounds work like before.
I checked all the options and ini files just in case but it appears to be related to spells_us.txt when I copied it over during the last patch.

Is it just me? Am I missing something obvious?

Sound works fine for me. Though, double check your eqclient.ini and look for SOUND=TRUE

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, I take it none of the NPC quests really function on this server? A ton of stuff doesn't seem to work. Fire beetle eyes in S Qeynos, cask from Brewer in Surefall, etc.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Sound works fine for me. Though, double check your eqclient.ini and look for SOUND=TRUE

I reverted back to an older copy of spells_us.txt and that fixed it.
If anyone downloaded the new files from today and are having the same problem this might help you.

JustRelax

Trakanon Raider
So, I take it none of the NPC quests really function on this server? A ton of stuff doesn't seem to work. Fire beetle eyes in S Qeynos, cask from Brewer in Surefall, etc.

Crushbone belts quest worked but you have to turn them in 1 at a time. Multiple turn in's seem bugged as I got one reward turning in 4 belts.

Are there any unique quests on the server?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
There was one for level 61-65 unlock, and there are many flagging gate style "quests" for raid bosses.

Pinadil

Silver Knight of the Realm
I started up a DRU/BST combo today. So far I've cleared Blackburrow and Runnyeye. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, it's a good time. I hit 49 on my monk, and 47 on my druid.

Shame about all the server issues today. Especially since they're rolling it all back after whatever code they changed to ended up being garbage.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
I liked some of the changes tho.
I didnt like that the server was so easy to level yet didnt allow you to go to the lower level zone in kunark or velious esp.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
the new changes were just unmanageable. was written in lua and he doesn't care for that, and odd bugs kept coming out of nowhere.

I dinged 66 somehow and he was like WHAT? and we went ahead and deleveled me and made that impossible to repeat, but on top of all the other shit I think he just got tired of putting out thousands of tiny fires.