EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Thanks, wish there was more info about the server progression published somewhere. Stuff like the Planes unlocking, what the 65 flagging is, normal flagging, etc. Seems like there's a lot of information available, but you have to ask another person in game. Otherwise good luck.

I know right! I have a .txt labeled patched notes on my home computer and I fill it in as I hear shit on discord.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I only know about where the planes flagging was because of the guild. Otherwise the comments from the NPC are incredibly vague and you'd be searching zone by zone for an NPC you don't even know the name of. That kind of works in EQ in 2000 when you have everyone slaughtering mobs, but I'm not sure how I'd ever figure it out on my own. There's just WAY too much content, even in just classic, for that to be feasible.

I don't actually know what the 65 flag is, but only mentioned it because it was mentioned earlier today in this thread.

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
I only know about where the planes flagging was because of the guild. Otherwise the comments from the NPC are incredibly vague and you'd be searching zone by zone for an NPC you don't even know the name of. That kind of works in EQ in 2000 when you have everyone slaughtering mobs, but I'm not sure how I'd ever figure it out on my own. There's just WAY too much content, even in just classic, for that to be feasible.

I don't actually know what the 65 flag is, but only mentioned it because it was mentioned earlier today in this thread.

Can someone give me a rough guide on how to flag for the classic planes? I figure it's better to ask here for posterity than in guild chat tonight.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Ye, I have no idea how to flag for 65, but no hurry yet. First need to get flagged for velious.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can someone give me a rough guide on how to flag for the classic planes? I figure it's better to ask here for posterity than in guild chat tonight.

Kill 3 custom mobs in 3 classic zones. Two are zones with a lot of water. One is a zone no one ever goes to, keep an eye out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The entire point of the custom 65 quest is to be oldschool and vague. There's enough hints that a vet would get it, but its not served up on a silver platter for everyone to simply access immediately. Take some time, think about what it is asking and WRITE IT DOWN. (most npc will not repeat themselves)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist

One is at a large body of fresh water, the largest body of fresh water in classic is (Lake Rathe)
One is a Lich amassing an army of Beholders (Beholders Maze aka Gorge of King Xorbb)
One is an Elemental spotted by Sailors as they sail past islands in the oceans of Norrath (Ocean of Tears)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm kind of regretting the decision to go BST. I had never played one before, but they seem like shit-tier DPS. I don't really see what they bring, other than their "spiritual X" line of spells that regen/hp. It's also a PITA that they can't really do their epic until they get Luclin flagged, which will take a long ass time. I'm already 59, so kind of a bad time to have second thoughts, but I think I might just ding 60 and then roll up a SK/SHM duo.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm kind of regretting the decision to go BST. I had never played one before, but they seem like shit-tier DPS. I don't really see what they bring, other than their "spiritual X" line of spells that regen/hp. It's also a PITA that they can't really do their epic until they get Luclin flagged, which will take a long ass time. I'm already 59, so kind of a bad time to have second thoughts, but I think I might just ding 60 and then roll up a SK/SHM duo.
I'm regretting monk just because there's a fucking million of em. Not sure what else I would've rolled though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nah, I was off trying to do something else. I can't even remember what though.

Just finished up my monk epic though.

I guess it's not a big deal that there are lots of monks though. It's not like there's hardcore raiding going on where we need to do dkp.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm

They take a ton of gear to get going. If they roll the custom spells out again they have some raid stuff that works well.

Loop

Trakanon Raider
Super long time lurker here. Circa 2000. Trying to get things together to head in. I just had few questions about the duo box heading in. My main was a troll sham that I loved. Tried a couple of EQMUs and love enchanter. Was thinking of going necro/bst though. Now that I have read through all of these posts and I am not sure what to do. Should I make sure I have a tank? Or is it OK if I just went necro enchanter?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just send in the pet!

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Did they really wipe aa's? Secrets said they needed to because they screwed something up, but I logged off right after.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Server is locked because Maze is working the AAs. Shouldn't be a wipe. Just need to repurchase.