EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
How similar to P99 etc are these classes and zones? After reading about the OOC regeneration and stuff, I'm a little leery about starting a bard or straight support class.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not much like p99. Basically everything is easier and the gear is pretty buffed. Very few bugs. The progression is what sets this server apart from the others. Friend and I are up to Kunark, we'll be doing velious probably next week. Just about to hit 60 on both my guys after 3-4 weeks of playing. Maybe 35 hours of play time total.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Not much like p99. Basically everything is easier and the gear is pretty buffed. Very few bugs. The progression is what sets this server apart from the others. Friend and I are up to Kunark, we'll be doing velious probably next week. Just about to hit 60 on both my guys after 3-4 weeks of playing. Maybe 35 hours of play time total.

To add to this...the server is super stable. I have had one crash in 3 weeks.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How similar to P99 etc are these classes and zones? After reading about the OOC regeneration and stuff, I'm a little leery about starting a bard or straight support class.

Bards are pretty sought after. Resists mean a lot here and bards are the solution. Also, they are the only class that can overhaste melee and increase nukes for casters. All around, the best support class.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Just started my Necromancer yesterday, got him to 25 so far, once he's 50ish I'll box him with the Monk.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pal Rogue combo at 40 now. Jysin gave me an awesome 2h which is 3 shotting deep reds. Server has been great so far.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm sorry but that dude need to be fired, lol.

I'm taking this in stride but I'm losing that much progress because he accidentally copy/pasted the wrong folder? Fuck me.

SirJames

Golden Squire
Vonguru-Today at 8:07 PM
Chances are that server won't be back up until sometime tomorrow. We have to restore from backups too dating back to 3AM this morning

So I'm trying to contain my E-rage. I realize this is a free server and all, nothing guaranteed. But why the fuck are you letting this person who has pretty obviously never administered anything in his life before full ESXi access to the server. Who copies files around on a production ESXi server without some minimal 2x checking or before creating a backup or (insert 50 other ways to mitigate this problem).

Or maybe not trying to do scary things like copy the vm on Sunday during prime-time, while the lead GM/Developer(s) are AFK / Out of Town......

Can we please downgrade this person to a guide or something?

P.S. Thanks Tunes for the great server, love you :)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pinadil

Silver Knight of the Realm
Loving this server, I am straight up addicted to EQ again. I'm sort of glad the server went down, I need the downtime to reevaluate my life choices.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lol yeah reevaluate that Earring quest you'll have to redo for the 4th time when it comes back up, thanks rollback.

vector5

Molten Core Raider
I know this is a free server but damn this makes me salty. I have to redo the damn earring quest and get 62 back and the only reason I got to complete the quest is because I bought the tormax brain from a guy who's name I can't remember.

Maximum Lame.