EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Suspension for what, looks like a completely normal post to me. Man am I happy I never paid for testing this game, it's still made by SOE after all.
It's Raes - look at his posts here, pretty sure if you look at his entire posting history there of what they had to remove there was probably multiple strikes before that one.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It's Raes - look at his posts here, pretty sure if you look at his entire posting history there of what they had to remove there was probably multiple strikes before that one.
I had a few removed a month ago, that were just as tame as this one. While the people defending SOE on this current issue throw insults and inflammatory remarks around and are untouched. I had a very short exchange with this one dude, arguing about whether it was obvious that the beta was originally intended to last 3-4 months at minimum. Had that one post removed and got an instant suspension. But, believe what you want.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Well to be fair, its their first fuck up. Gotta give em one.

This kinda reeks of the devs having a plan, but they guys signing the checks came down and put a quash on it. Thou shalt not give away thine profits.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Well to be fair, its their first fuck up. Gotta give em one.

This kinda reeks of the devs having a plan, but they guys signing the checks came down and put a quash on it. Thou shalt not give away thine profits.
Maybe. But in the last livestream they talk about how "transparent" they are, and wanting to let us know as soon as they make decisions like this. But, Ponytail's response to a tweet from a month ago shows that he knew then that they were going to do a full wipe at the end of CB. And if he knew then, it's not a huge stretch to think that he knew at the beginning of CB, a week and a half prior.

Poro Sorceress ?@Poro_Sorceress Apr 11
@Davegeorgesonwhat happens to showcase items traded to other players? Will they keep after cb? Or return to purchaser? Confusion on forums.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
David Georgeson ?@DaveGeorgeson Apr 11
@Poro_Sorceressreturn to purchaser.
Expand

Don't believe me, though. Since engaging in a few arguments on this forum seems to automatically qualify me as a liar for some reason.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I sort of hope they do periodic wipes to the servers, though I know it won't happen. I've played enough Minecraft to know that after a while you have everything and it just starts to get boring. Starting a new game helps to refresh the game and get me back into it. Just picking back up where I left off would get stale fast.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
i want to play
frown.png

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Lol. Now I had a post removed. Fuck that noise, this is why I never post on the official forums.

SOE isn't a new company. They don't "get a pass" for poorly handling a situation like this where their customers in good faith have hours of their play time trivialized all due to someones miscalculation or oversight, and that is putting it nicely.

The worse part of this for me is Reddit is usually the go-to place to have this kind of stuff hashed out. Sadly, I think SOE has co-opted in some manner the /r/eqnext and /r/landmark subreddits. They're very different than say /r/everquest, /r/planetside, and /r/h1z1 (also run by the Planetside guy) which are not run by SOE.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It looks like when someone disagrees with you, they simply report every post you make in that thread, and hope that one or more of them contain something that fits Sony's catch-all "non-constructive" definition. Get too many removed, get a suspension.

The best way around it, is to make sure that you never directly respond to anyone, or directly address any one person, or any group. That's how I slipped up.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had a few removed a month ago, that were just as tame as this one. While the people defending SOE on this current issue throw insults and inflammatory remarks around and are untouched. I had a very short exchange with this one dude, arguing about whether it was obvious that the beta was originally intended to last 3-4 months at minimum. Had that one post removed and got an instant suspension. But, believe what you want.
Well that would explain it - used to Guide back in the day - and back then black marks on an account weren't graded at all. So likely while "tame" they were just enough to get a black mark, and you accrued many - and they never timed out back then.

Not trying to be belligerent to you or anything, but just sounds like your tendency to go off a bit occasionally built up and with their demerit system you got up to the point where you get zinged for it. Even small stuff could get you suspended if you were a repeat offender back in the day, and that's for PAYING customers - now with free users the tolerance is likely even lower.

If you looked into it I bet it was just an automatic thing on the Xth black mark not that it was anything directly against you. Just a victim of policy.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I wouldn't have a problem with that if the last post removed (not to mention nearly all of the others a month ago) were actual violations. I give zero fucks about a 3 day suspension from their gay forums. I do have a problem with the huge difference in what is considered "non-constructive" and grounds for removal, depending on whose side you're on.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Patching early this week.Link

Recipe Journal

? This is a journal that you can access from the Start Menu (Hotkey: L) that will allow you to browse all of the crafting station lists.
? This will allow you to see exactly what you need to gather to make that next pick or prop, even when you're out in the world, far away from a crafting station.
? Additionally, you can click the "Start Tracking" button on any item within this list, and a small Gathering List will appear on your HUD which allow you to track the resources needed for that item.

Gathering List

? We?ve added this window to allow you to keep track of what you want to gather while you?re out and about!
? New characters will start with a ?claim flag? in this window, to help guide them towards claiming a home of their own.
? Existing characters can add to this list using the Recipe Journal, as described above.
? The window will only appear if there is something in it.
? NOTE: currently, the gathering list does not save between sessions. If you log out, you will need to re-add items.
? To remove an item from the window, mouse over the icon of the item being tracked, and click the red X that will appear.

Element Tray

? The element tray functionality has been improved so that instead of auto-hiding, it now stays open unless closed by the user (X button). You now need to click on the material swatch to open the element tray, instead of it auto-opening.
? Shaped blocks have been removed from the Element Tray. They were not working as we intended, so they have been removed until they are working correctly, or until we determine they are not needed.

Help Menu

? The DevTalk feature formerly accessed using F12 can now be toggled on and off using F1.
? There is a new Help button beside the start menu in the lower left. Clicking on the gold ? button will bring up help and information to help newer players around the game. You can open these for reference any time. There are four areas:
1. Getting Started
This will automatically open for new characters and is intended to help give direction to the first hour of gameplay.
2. Tech Tree
This is a tree diagram that details the progression of crafting stations.
3. Building Tips
This page details the basics of the building tools and how to use them, along with any relevant hotkeys.
4. Resources Guide
This page explains all the mined and harvestable resources, and what kind of equipment it takes to harvest them.
First Time Events
(aka: making life friendlier for new players)

We?ve added a First Time Event system which allows us to give information or items when certain events happen for the first time. Normally this would only affect brand new characters, but since the system has just been added, on the first login after this patch ALL characters will be treated as new characters. If you are not a new character, you can ignore these or not as you prefer:
? Upon first login after the patch, all characters will see the Getting Started guide and have the Claim Flag recipe added to the new Gathering List.
? Upon first claim placement after the patch, all characters will experience the following changes:
Building Tips help window will open automatically
All Building Tools except Add Tool will be added to inventory (if you already have them, you can delete the duplicates)
Additional changes related to this:
Building Tools can no longer be crafted at any crafting stations
Lost Building Tools can be retrieved by clicking on the Resupply Chest
New characters will only receive the Add Tool with starting items
You can now retrieve your Add Tool from the Resupply Chest at the hub if you happen to lose yours.
Props

Home decorators rejoice: several new furniture props have been added to the Tinkerer?s Workshop, to make your castle, lighthouse, ziggurat, or dungeon more cozy!
? Padded Sofa
? Padded Armchair
? Fireplace Screen
? Fireplace Tools
? Small Round Regal Table
? Round Pillow (Black)
? Round Pillow (Blue)
? Round Pillow (Gold)
? Round Pillow (Green)
? Round Pillow (Pink)
? Round Pillow (Purple)
? Round Pillow (White)
? Plush Pillow (Black)
? Plush Pillow (Blue)
? Plush Pillow (Gold)
? Plush Pillow (Green)
? Plush Pillow (Pink)
? Plush Pillow (Purple)
? Plush Pillow (White)

Keyboard shortcut changes

? F1 is now used for DevTalk rather than F12

Claim management

? You can now view and manage all your claims in the claim management window (U), regardless of which island you are on.

Bug Fixes

? There was an issue with the screen being all white for some people when they had graphics settings set to low. This should now be fixed.
? Grappling hook should now work better when the camera is zoomed far back
? Selecting the corner triangles of the selection tool should be more reliable now
? /bug now works without additional text at the end
? Plumthistle Builder?s Chest can now be purchased in the Exchange
? Placing a block in the water could cause a ?hole? in the ocean. This has been fixed.
? A bug preventing selection of eye color for new female characters has been fixed.
? You can once again rotate your character in character create to see what the back of your hair looks like.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I paid the $20 because no one gave me a beta key in the few hours I was itching to play (my fault, not yours), but now I have zero interest in playing until at least Open Beta, possibly not even then because who knows if they'll do another wipe after that. I wonder if I should put in for a refund just for the fuck of it. I really don't care about the money so much, but why pay them for something I'm not playing? And the founder's pick is pretty worthless once you get anything else, so what am I gaining that a beta code couldn't solve? A flag? Yay!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
My understanding is once it goes open beta that is more or less the soft launch of the game I don't believe they intend any wipes after closed beta. Of course it is all subject to change hence keeping the beta tag at all but that is my understanding of how it is supposed to work.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
And the founder's pick is pretty worthless once you get anything else, so what am I gaining that a beta code couldn't solve?
Actually the founder's pick is pretty useful, since it counts as the highest tier axe; it can chop down any tree in the game, which you normally can't do until much later.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So where is everyone? I bought into Alpha, then worked went crazy when my boss retired and i'm finally going to have the opportunity to play for the first time in a month. Been looking forward to actually getting to put some time into this...

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Looks like a lot of people are taking a break until OB starts. Me too, although I'll probably pop back in for a bit whenever they put in combat.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Looks like a lot of people are taking a break until OB starts. Me too, although I'll probably pop back in for a bit whenever they put in combat.
Been noticing that.. I may jump back in to get my feet wet. I'm sure a lot has changed since the first week of Alpha. Still trying to catch up. Unfortunately, my free time browsing the forums was dominated by Pantheon and then the drama... looking back, what a waste of time.

Taryk

Molten Core Raider
And the founder's pick is pretty worthless once you get anything else, so what am I gaining that a beta code couldn't solve?
On the 4/24 update notes they stated the founder's pick would be upgradeable in the future.

http://https://forums.station.sony.c...24-2014.33495/

Unfortunately any tools created before this update are not upgradable, as we were unable to retroactively assign them upgrade slots. This does include the Founder?s Pickaxe. However, while we won?t be using this system to upgrade it, the Founder?s Pickaxe will receive its own path to power in a future update.