EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Nope. Thankfully this list is here, so if anyone on that list mentions cash grab for another game, I can just link this list here.
YA THEN THEY WILL BE HYPOCRITES AND U WILL HAVE PWND THEM SO HARD

Go the fuck away

misery_sl

shitlord
I'll be enjoying Landmark, and you'll be spending your money on whatever stupid shit you spend it on anyway. Can't we all be happy with our own stupid shit?

Nope. Thankfully this list is here, so if anyone on that list mentions cash grab for another game, I can just link this list here.
Large corporations won't be handing out big bucks for MMOs anymore given the problems and failures of SWTOR, WAR and others. Even Blizzard got cold feet and scrapped the first iteration of Titan despite the insane returns of WoW.

"Money-up-front" and cash shops will be the standard for future game financing to ease the risk and make investment returns more immediate given how short-lived current online games are - much like related models for the rest of the current western first-world economy

Several years back I certainly would have said "cash grab" - now I see certain benefits both in a barrier to entry, as well as (immediately) voting with one's wallet. If SOE ignores the players in general on this one, it will tank. Hard.

Back in 2004-2005, I mentioned housing elements for EQ2 that are now in heavy use in the game. While I feel a little cheated, I'm pleased to see them see the light of day. With the opportunity to not only voice an opinion for an MMO, but potentially help design, build, and give input on stuff I'm interested in from an early stage without gambling for entry, I'm excited.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Poor person spotted!
lol, you sound like every other little dick faggot who tries to speak with their money, this game isnt even going to come close to the experience you missed of EQ beta and launch EQ, hate to brake it to you buddy you're a sheep, this game is as far from EQ as its ever going to get.

If you wanna waste your money have at it, but get real about being part of something special before it happens, start saving for that 400$ alpha access to EQ:Next.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bad thing is, I can see them doing this $100 for this alpha, then something like 100-150 for EQ:N on top of it. Not to mention then monetizing the shit out of both games. Why do players cry for ftp again, its like they can't see how much better life was with box + sub = everything and cheaper.

misery_sl

shitlord
Not to mention then monetizing the shit out of both games.
This is one of my biggest fears for the game. I don't think what they are doing right now is a bad idea, like I've said countless times already, and I'm sorry to repeat myself again. Once they start charging for every little thing, implementing pay2win, or in any way giving any kind of real advantage to people who throw down large sums of money other than cosmetic stuff, titles, extra plots of land, character renaming, other useless trinkets, and on and on, then they will have completely voided my interest. Holy shit that sentence, da hell. They seem to be playing it smartly right now, but again, it's too early to really tell where they will take this.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm glad your optimism is a lot higher then mine. Atm I see a company that isn't shy about charging $100 for something that hasn't even started yet and with so little information out there that they will have zero qualms about monetizing both games out the wazoo. Their "Bar" is pretty damn low right now. In their past their F2P systems have actually been really good(Planetside 2) but then they pulled this stunt, which is about 1,000 worse then the Alpha Squad buy-in-beta from PS2.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
Many games have proven over the past few years that charging for games in pre-alpha, alpha, beta, etc. can work. Kickstarter and kickstarter clones, Steam's early access games, etc. have all seen successes. Obviously it's not for everyone, but it's undeniable that some people don't mind doing it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
True but those are games/companies literally surviving only on that money and have to bow to that pressure. This is SOE who is not.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
That's irrelevant, imo. Gaining access to future betas for pre-ording a game has been around for many years now. The only difference between that and this, is that EQN/EQN:L will be F2P. If people want to spend money for a few perks, appearance items, and early access, who cares. If SOE is making more money with their current business model, than that's all that really matters to them.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Meh.
I've spent well over 1000 hours on Minecraft as well as over 4000 hours in MMO's, Landmark is my idea game that I'm looking forward to as long as they support it after it launches, which I'm positive they will because you can give SOE shit all you want but they still give updates to all of their games.

Nobody is forcing me to buy it and nobody is going to force me to use their shop, it's just something that I'm actually interested in and feel I can spend 60$ on a game that I want.

And I know there isn't anything about it yet, but there's nothing to say the founders packs won't end up getting an equal sum of Station Cash whenever the game has the store up and running properly. I don't think that's the case but it is possible.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I'm glad your optimism is a lot higher then mine. Atm I see a company that isn't shy about charging $100 for something that hasn't even started yet and with so little information out there that they will have zero qualms about monetizing both games out the wazoo. Their "Bar" is pretty damn low right now. In their past their F2P systems have actually been really good(Planetside 2) but then they pulled this stunt, which is about 1,000 worse then the Alpha Squad buy-in-beta from PS2.
Their EQ2 FTP was an abomination.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And I know there isn't anything about it yet, but there's nothing to say the founders packs won't end up getting an equal sum of Station Cash whenever the game has the store up and running properly. I don't think that's the case but it is possible.
Station Cash is SOE account based, nothing to do with any of the games having in-game or what not. You can have station cash and never have logged into or installed any SOE game.

Their EQ2 FTP was an abomination.
Ah never played it. I know PS2's was good, though the first ftp for EQ was horrible.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I'm curious if any of you realize that EQN is complete trash? The desperation of the MMO community is sad =[

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
This is one of my biggest fears for the game. I don't think what they are doing right now is a bad idea, like I've said countless times already, and I'm sorry to repeat myself again. Once they start charging for every little thing, implementing pay2win, or in any way giving any kind of real advantage to people who throw down large sums of money other than cosmetic stuff, titles, extra plots of land, character renaming, other useless trinkets, and on and on, then they will have completely voided my interest. Holy shit that sentence, da hell. They seem to be playing it smartly right now, but again, it's too early to really tell where they will take this.
too early to tell where they will take this, but not too early to get your $100? a sucker says what?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
lol, you sound like every other little dick faggot who tries to speak with their money, this game isnt even going to come close to the experience you missed of EQ beta and launch EQ, hate to brake it to you buddy you're a sheep, this game is as far from EQ as its ever going to get.

If you wanna waste your money have at it, but get real about being part of something special before it happens, start saving for that 400$ alpha access to EQ:Next.
That was a joke, you fucking nerd.