EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
@Soygen - is that what the world looks like to you or are you sculpting the earth to make it look like Minecraft on purpose?

Terial

Trakanon Raider
. ignorant post deleted
smile.png

Anomander Rake

@tragedyann

They have said thateverythingthey use to make EQ:N will eventually be in EQN:L. So while it is pretty barebones right now (and by "barebones" I mean like minecraft but exceptionally better in some ways - building -and not as good in others -no caves & mobs -. You will, I guess, be able to make your own adventure / dungeons in the future.

Anomander Rake

I think I got builder burnout right now. Taking a few days off to relax a bit.
Yeah, this might be it for me after tonight for a couple of days. I am starting to get crazy eyes and a feeling of being severed from reality lol.

BTW - does anyone else get a sticky "cursor" when building / removing? I chalked it up to lag, but it has been driving me crazy lately. Like hovering over the space I want to fill / remove, and it moves there. Then immediately to the left or right.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think if it had combat/explore it wouldn't be so bad, but since all you can do is build or gather its very hard to break up the monotony, especially on the gather part.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Soygen just have it loop/restart every 45 seconds
How do I do that? Don't make me read guides on this thing, please!

@Soygen - is that what the world looks like to you or are you sculpting the earth to make it look like Minecraft on purpose?
I had voxel smoothing off when I took that shit. It's on the options screen with resolution settings.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Update: (Forums)

Answers! (Two of 'em)

1) We greatly improved the reliability of the Portal Crystal. In theory, you should be able to click there and FIND OUT WHERE YOUR CLAIM IS LOCATED! Go forth and find your hidden world!

2) We believe that this will finally ensure that the players that did not yet receive their Founder's Pack items are at last granted them so that they can prove they're cool and have all the neat items.

That's all that's changing tonight. Tomorrow, there will be a very large update, but we'll post those details tomorrow so as to avoid confusion tonight.
smile.png

misery_sl

shitlord
-Download autohotkey from the official website
-Start autohotkey
-Open new .txt file and paste the following

toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2

F8::
Toggle := !Toggle
While Toggle{
Click
Send a
sleep 900
}
return

-Save .txt file as whateveryouwant.txt
-Right click whateveryouwant.txt, open with, autohotkey
-Window mode your game
-In game equip your axe and get in the right spot for choppin woods, make sure you're close enough first
-Make sure autohotkey is enabled (icon in taskbar will appear green, red will mean it is disabled)
-Hit the F8 key and make sure your game window is the active window
-Let the burled wood flow

Highly recommended that you find a tree that is at least 70% inside a taken claim as it will respawn within seconds (not really tested, but seems to be true)
Enjoy being a Chinese gold farmer

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Right after I took the screenshot I renamed my plot to Dingpong's Tomb and he flipped his shit. After listening to him bitch for 10 minutes or so I asked him if he was able to just Evac out and he said he couldn't so I let him out. It was so tempting to keep him trapped though.
Man I woulda rolled with it. If anyone ever traps me I'm just going to be a good sport and laugh. If you trap me I'm just going to ask what kind of sexual favors you want now, since I'm in your cage. I think it's hilarious. Why flip out?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
-Download autohotkey from the official website
-Start autohotkey
-Open new .txt file and paste the following

toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2

F8::
Toggle := !Toggle
While Toggle{
Click
Send a
sleep 900
}
return

-Save .txt file as whateveryouwant.txt
-Right click whateveryouwant.txt, open with, autohotkey
-Window mode your game
-In game equip your axe and get in the right spot for choppin woods, make sure you're close enough first
-Make sure autohotkey is enabled (icon in taskbar will appear green, red will mean it is disabled)
-Hit the F8 key and make sure your game window is the active window
-Let the burled wood flow

Highly recommended that you find a tree that is at least 70% inside a taken claim as it will respawn within seconds (not really tested, but seems to be true)
Enjoy being a Chinese gold farmer
The one I posted a few pages ago will do 2 trees, so you are always chopping something.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, this might be it for me after tonight for a couple of days. I am starting to get crazy eyes and a feeling of being severed from reality lol.

BTW - does anyone else get a sticky "cursor" when building / removing? I chalked it up to lag, but it has been driving me crazy lately. Like hovering over the space I want to fill / remove, and it moves there. Then immediately to the left or right.
That's the grid snapping, sometimes it just gets stuck on shit.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you have that one handy?
Very easy with Auto Hotkey:

BreakLoop=0
SetTimer, Loop, 1

F1::BreakLoop=1
F2::BreakLoop=0

Loop:
Loop {
if (BreakLoop = 1) ; While the F1 key is being held down physically.
break

Click down, (window mouse cords)
Sleep (time it takes to chop a tree down + little extra)
Click up left
Click down, (window mouse cords)
Sleep (time it takes to chop a tree down + little extra)
Click up left
}
Difference is mine you have to use the spy thing in Auto hotkey to get the 2 mouse position locations and time how long it takes you to chop down each tree. It will click and hold down on first location for how you set the sleep(1000 is 1 second), then move and do the same to a 2nd tree(obviously the 2 trees are right next to each other).

His is a lot simpler,no need to have locations just put mouse where you need it.

I bet if you had a super fast axe, could find a spot with 3 trees in range and set it up to do all 3.

misery_sl

shitlord
Difference is mine you have to use the spy thing in Auto hotkey to get the 2 mouse position locations and time how long it takes you to chop down each tree. It will click and hold down on first location for how you set the sleep(1000 is 1 second), then move and do the same to a 2nd tree(obviously the 2 trees are right next to each other).

His is a lot simpler,no need to have locations just put mouse where you need it.

I bet if you had a super fast axe, could find a spot with 3 trees in range and set it up to do all 3.
I actually found a spot where a tree would respawn so quickly that it would respawn before the current version of itself was even chopped down. Not sure if it's still like that or not.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
They nerf the tree respawn? I went to 3 spots I knew were instant and now they are not.

EDit: nvm....found another

Corvid_sl

shitlord
I must have pissed off someone at SOE. Logged in today and the only thing that's changed about my account is that my legendary pick axe is gone. Hah!